main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You Know You Are a Star Wars Geek When...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, May 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I think there was a simular thread to this WAY back...

but i am sitting here listening to the station that plays movie soundtracks...and the song The Rebel Fleet/End Titles of ESB comes on..and ya get all excited. I am like OK i am a BIG dork.

so next...

2. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    we've started one young, when it's on Spike, he watches it, and last night he found the SW cards that Zoom got for his birthday that play the music, and every time it finished, he would bring it to me to start it again. :D

3. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    now that is cute...and yes about the Spike thing...i TiVo'd and saved them. DOH!

4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    DORK! :p

Hey, I can't say much, you know your a Star Wars dork when you think about Star Wars and thinking about your next RPing move in a STAR WARS game once an hour or more.

I am such a dork...

Yeah baby...and proud of it! :cool: :D

5. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    you read the new Jedi Vs Sith Essential Guide to the Force marveling how you basically wrote it yourself 6 years ago for an online RPG and grumping about how everyone changed it after you were done because it didn't let them get away with what they wanted to.

6. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    You're watching TV with a group of civilian (i.e. NON-Star Wars) friends, and when a Star Wars reference is made, EVERYONE turns and looks at you...

7. ArchaicRebel

ArchaicRebel Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2004
    You know you're a Star Wars geek when you write lists about how much of a Star Wars geek you are... geeks. :-B

You know you're a Star Wars geek when you build and paint Star Destroyers such as the Errant Venture and other(s) from the story lines of online RPGs...

8. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

You correct any civilian who mixes up Star Trek and Star Wars references in conversation...and become offended when they don't care that they are totally different!!

9. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    You know you're a Star Wars geek when you love the Star Wars video games, but complain about how inaccurate they are, how much is left out, or how cool it would be if they'd just included <insert scenario/story/character/ship/weapon from comic book/novel>.

10. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    When you remember what year something in your life happened because it was the year of a Star Wars Celebration.

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    You are going through files and you run across JED Enterprises and you swear it said Jedi. ;)

12. Sith_Lord_Draco

Sith_Lord_Draco Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    You know you are a star wars geek when your dad (who is a trekkie like mine) says that there ships are better, then you bring up a size comparison chart and show them that The Star Destory is 1606 meterslong and that the Enterprise is 289 meters long and also you make the commet about that the star trek ships are for peace keeping not war, that is why the star destory has ION cannons, not those little wimpy flashlights that the Star trek ships have...

Happened way too many times in my family... i wish i could post the picture of that here...

-Donovan

13. Hydraness

Hydraness Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    You know it's hopeless when some one mentions "running to the store" and you automatically are interested only by the fact it presents an opportunity to check out the toy aisle for new releases.

Or, as in my case, if you ever see any sort of star wars reference in public or on TV, you squeal and/or get extremely giddy towards the source. Which usually leads to awkward situations 90% of the time. Haha!

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You know your a geek when you get all excited about RPing online (I just about blew through the Library doors a few days ago) or when you hear about Star Wars on TV or in a group of people, you automaticlly float in that direction and join in the converstation...wheather you were invited to or not. :p

Or the best one is when you get all prideful when you hear about Star Wars on TV or in person and start bragging about. I do that all the time at every job I've ever worked out...maybe except one or two, maybe.

15. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    ...you spend 20 minutes listening to ringtones for phones because they have Darth Vaders saying "Answer your phone, it is your destiny" and Yoda telling you that "Mmm, an incoming call you have, answer it quickly you should"

[face_laugh]

16. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    It takes a great deal of thought and effort to remember the original lyrics to Lola or American Pie and even when you hear the songs the Weird Al versions of the lyrics are what comes out of your mouth when singing along.

17. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    you can explain the inner workings and theory behind how a lightsaber works in great detail.

18. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    You know you are a Star Wars Geek when........

People at work run up to you to tell you soandso likes SW too!!!! (and of course you co-worker already told soandso about you).

19. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005

You post on an Internet message board called Rock Mountain Fan Force, meet monthly, and make a costume (not necessarily) for a parade.

Oh wait...

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Busted. :p

21. Sith_Lord_Draco

Jun 5, 2005
    I will most likely be yelled and possibly banned for this part....

You Know your a Star Wars geek when you look at one of the Star Wars models, and go that will make a nice hell Talon(for Warhammer40k)... but first you got to put the model together and play with it... then when your done play with it, you got to rip some of it apart to make the Hell Talon... it doesn't look half bad so far, almost done with this too...

-Donovan

22. Sith_Lord_Draco

Jun 5, 2005
    let me guess i pushed it too far with that one...

-Donovan

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    No Donovan. Other then your ugly looks, your okay. :p

24. ArchaicRebel

May 11, 2004
    You take care of a 1/2 scale X-wing.

25. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I thought it was 3/4 scale. :-B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.