main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC You know you feel old when...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    There's stray dark hairs in my gray beard.

2. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    You realize Clueless is going to be twenty five years old which you saw as a incoming senior in high school while the vast majority of your students are clueless (*pun intended*) of what is it and the few that do mostly don't get it.

Juliet316 likes this.
  3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You remember Mary Lou Retton as an Olympic gymnast and she’s doing menopause commercials on satellite radio.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When you're watching Eminem perform at the Oscars and realize your in the same age bracket as some of the people in the audience rocking out to him.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  5. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    :_|[face_laugh]

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    You're lying prepped and ready for your first colonoscopy, the doctor enters the room and your first thought is "wow, he looks really young":p

7. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    When it's not the first person you went to school with whose funeral you attend.

Master_Lok and Luke02 like this.
  8. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    I shrieked with joy (at work, in front of coworkers) because my new reading glasses are in, 3 days earlier!!

Master_Lok, Sarge and Pensivia like this.
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    When someone references how much they love Starfighter and you think they mean The Last Starfighter.

Starfighter is a gay webcomic, I now know.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Jedi Ben, Luke02 and Pensivia like this.
  10. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    When someone you went to high school with becomes a grandmother!

11. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you are actually looking forward to your own generation taking control of political, economic, and social systems.

Luke02 and Juliet316 like this.
  12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    When you get certain aches, pains, or discomforts in your body, but you are super relieved that the pain is on both sides of your body and equal. Because then you know it's just natural aging.

Pain or discomfort on only one side of the body causes significantly more concern.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    Lordban, Sarge, Luke02 and 2 others like this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    My doctor @MotivateR5D4 said it best. When you are thirty something, things hurt but you know why. When you are forty something, things hurt but you don't know why.

Pensivia, Sarge and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    When your ability to spell words deteriorates. I used to be a savant level speller back in the day. Now it'll take me 3,4,5 different guesses before the red underline goes away, and my attempts are so bad sometimes I can't even right click my way to a proper spelling.

Master_Lok likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm OK with spelling but my handwriting has gone downhill. It's more of a scrawl these days.

16. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Are you sure you're not a doctor? ;)

Lordban, Master_Lok and Pensivia like this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Pretty sure. My background is in computers.

Master_Lok, Luke02 and PCCViking like this.
  18. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    You have to come downstairs in the morning one stair at a time like a toddler

19. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Or when your generation should already be doing this, but all you've got to show for yourselves is Paul Ryan. :'(

20. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Well, all the millennials have to show for is AOC, so not much better on the other far end of things. We still have a little bit of time I suppose.

21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Apparently LPs are back in. Wish I'd known...we had original Beatles (Mom), original Elvis (Dad), and my beloved SW soundtracks (with the ORIGINAL Ewok song...) Think they all ended up at a thrift store thirty years ago.

Ha, I was in the emergency room back in January and said this OUT LOUD to the Doctor. I think the painkillers were responsible. He laughed and said, "Thank you for that."

Jedi Ben, Juliet316 and Pensivia like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Vinyl is definitely back in the UK - HMV (DVD/CD store chain) has a vinyl section in my local store.

Mistress_Renata likes this.
  23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Yeah, really don't get the appeal of vinyl.

Listen to music, clearly in a digital format

Or listen using a needle where any minor slight minuscule imperfections will cause an incessant fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff as the song is play

no thanks

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've read it's due to the sound quality. I still have some old vinyl albums (pretty sure the SW OT soundtracks are in there) but I don't have anything to play them on. I have an old stereo in the living room but the turntable part doesn't work. (AM/FM does so I use it for that).

25. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    You might be able to get good money for those vintage vinyls, if you don't want them anymore. Conversely you could get a record player, they're pretty cheap thar days.