main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC You know you feel old when...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316, Apr 14, 2016.

1. DAR

DAR Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2004
    You find out that Kurt Loder who was on MTV in the 90’s turned 75 yesterday

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    When you lost interest in MTV long before the 90's.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Video Killed the Radio Star was the first thing I saw on MTV. I have various flavors of MTV on Sky but haven't watched much.

MotivateR5D4 and Sarge like this.
  4. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Yeah I saw that on a entertainment news feed. I must admit that on hurt. Hurt a lot. I can close my eyes and see him reporting about Kurt Cobain's death when I was sixteen like it was yesterday. Trying to explain who Kurt Loder is to some teenager is impossible especially since they have no idea who what was a VJ was nor any clue what MTV was back in the day, a music video channel. I try explaining to them that MTV (along where I lived Q101 and B96) was kinda what life was centered around as a teenager but again they totally don't understand it.

5. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    My younger son is developing a skeevy little Camaro-driving mustache. Time to get him some Skynrd albums.

Edit: @Luke02 I lived in Chicago in those days too!

Last edited: May 6, 2020
    Luke02 and Sarge like this.
  6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Just don't let him grow a Camaro mullet. There are lines that even the most profane should not cross.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    When you get to that point in your life where you genuinely accept that you're just going to have to deal with certain things about your health. And you no longer expect your body to just fix it right away, or that you can just go to your doctor and have them find a way to fix it right away. It's nothing major, just little things I've noticed as I've gotten into my mid-30s that weren't there or as persistent even just a few years ago. I think I've legitimately rounded that curve of being "older" now, and I no longer expect things to just go away entirely. You hear it all the time from older people constantly having to deal with this or that. I never really paid any mind to it before. But now I can totally see myself saying some of those same things.

Mistress_Renata and Juliet316 like this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    When you discover Candice Cameron (Bure) has a teenage daughter who has her own YouTube:

9. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    ...when it's been almost 30 years since your favorite movie was first released in a theater.

10. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    your daughter tells you the prequels are old.

Iron_lord, Darth_Diealot, Rew and 7 others like this.
  11. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    You knew personally the man who got appointed Prime Minister of your country before he was ever mentioned in the national press.

12. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I tell my friends the warranty is up when you turn 35, and after that it's all maintenance... :p

Pensivia, MotivateR5D4 and Juliet316 like this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Seriously. It definitely tops my list of being the truest sign of aging, is when your mindset genuinely shifts in this regard.

Juliet316 likes this.
  14. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    ...you're buying multivitamins & suddenly realize you're the target audience for the over-50 "Silver" supplements...and buy them. [face_blush]

15. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    This has been me with my medical problems since I was 18 :p

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  16. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    You are gettting information about your twenty year reunion FROM college. (And ghe information btw is that everything is being cancelled to fall of 2021 due to COVID-19. :( )

Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    When you watch Star Trek II and find out that Kirstie Alley turns 70 next year

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    And she's a Trumpet.

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Scientologist Trumpet, isn't she?

20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yep.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  21. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Every time someone posts a twitter exchange in a thread I'm left scratching my head , I never understand whats being said.

Pensivia, Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  22. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    You keep checking the juice cartons at the grocery store for the amount of sugar in them

23. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Or sodium.

And when you break down and buy a pill cutter, because you can't swallow large tablets anymore.

Emperor Ferus and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'd say processed juice is very bad for anyone, regardless of age. [face_worried]

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  25. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    When people on television and in movies who are in their 30s have begun to appear on the younger side. Even compared to just a few years ago. I see clips of the Sequel Trilogy or MCU movies now, and all the main characters actually appear young to me, and that wasn't the case not too long ago. This kind of thing used to happen when I saw people in their 20s, and I guess I just kind of got used to it. But now it's happening with people in their 30s. Pretty soon middle aged people will start looking young to me. And then old people will start looking young to me.

Is there any way to make this stop?

Rew, Sarge and Mistress_Renata like this.