main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC You know you feel old when...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Juliet316 , Apr 14, 2016.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    When you fall asleep on movies you love and wake up to the credits. XD

2. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    When you catch yourself thinking I am too old for this **** on a regular basis.

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    When you're putting together a playlist for the latest JCC mixtape thread.

4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    When you go through drive thrus because going inside to a Subway or whatever is too much effort. :p

5. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm going to expose myself as ancient if I ever do...

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Ok this one I’ll disagree. I only ever see people 60+ walk into drive-through fast food places, at least like McDonald’s and Dunkin.

Kato Sai and SHAD0W-JEDI like this.
  7. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    When you wake up with the controller still in your hand and a new negative K/D ratio.

Kato Sai likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I did that last round. Go for it. It's fun.

Lordban likes this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    When you groan getting out of your car seat. :p

Juliet316 and Lordban like this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My (old) car groans when I get out of the driver's seat..not so much me..

PCCViking, Lordban and Kato Sai like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Haha yeah mine creaks, squeeks, and pops when I get out lol.

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My car hasn't realized it should have gone to the happy motorway in the sky years ago. And I'm not telling it so.. (It's a 1985 VW Golf. I bought it new).

13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    What color?

Another sign of you know you feel old when.. the actors in new movies you no longer recognize by name.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Color is a silver/grey - great for hiding dirt..It's a two-door. with manual trans.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    Sarge and Kato Sai like this.
  15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Another sign your old is when you say manual transmission, VHS, rewind, cassette, and vinyl and younger gens look at you like this:

[​IMG]

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Haha - manuals are still quite common here in the UK (though my Golf was made in the US so it's left hand drive). My dad taught me to drive stick on an old 1963 Beetle he used as a train station car.

PCCViking, Sarge and Kato Sai like this.
  17. Django211

Django211 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    That's why you never use the drive thru. They **** you in the drive thru. If you recognize this you're old!

Sarge and Kato Sai like this.
  18. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Haha that rant by Pesci in Lethal Weapon 2 is priceless and true! :p

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @DarkGingerJedi And everyone wonders why we are a messed up generation.

@Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid You can honestly draw the downfall of society beginning when that happen. I can close my eyes and can feel being in this room:

[​IMG]

I also remember it being a lot bigger and darker as I believe they use to dim the lights during the "show". I think my kids would be motified by that show at least the boys would be when they were younger. My daughter is so odd what can freak her out. Like the Easter Bunny still scares the pants off her but she watched Wednesday with absolutely no issues at all so it could go either way. My guess is it freak her out too.

@Runjedirun Yeah they all became Chucky E. Cheese over time as was mention earlier. We got tired of Showbiz/Chucky Cheese once I got into like first grade and beyond as really we just wanted to play video games and that was it. There was an arcade that we could ride our bikes to it was so close to our house and then once that closed we went to another one about 10 minutes away that on Sundays mornings you paid like $20 and played every game except like After Burner for free. My parents would just drop us off and then we walk across the street to McDonald's once the time was up and ate. Ah memories.

At one point btw Little Casears got into the action with it's own "family entertainment center" and it was shockingly awesome! It was way bigger then both Showbiz and Chucky Cheese and at that time, Little Casears pizza was pretty good. We had my tenth birthday party there (so 1988) as my parents just took about 6-7 of my friends. I remember it had this massive jungle gym type thing with a huge ball pit and this rope thing you swing on. You knew it was the 1980's because there was no safety stuff at all LOL! It closed not long afterwards and became a entertainment place that had like everything including go carts, mini golf, laser tag etc. My one buddy had his birthday party there and it was awesome. It's still open and I took the boys there actually just before the pandemic but they were not really into it. I think they were too young still to do a lot of the cooler stuff and now being 12 they are "too cool" for it.

Guess todays kids just don't understand. :)

20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    When you feel tired after naps and a full night of sleep.

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    @Luke02

Easter bunny is scary. A real rabbit that big would eat your head.

Luke02 and Kato Sai like this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Santa is scary too:

[​IMG]

Luke02 likes this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Kato Sai I agree that Santa can be really freaky but I think out of the two, kids are more freightened by the Easter Bunny at least that has been my experience. I think it's because at least Santa Claus has a real face and stuff. The Easter Bunny is some dude in a bunny suit that is often tall.

Runjedirun and Kato Sai like this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Yeah animals with humaniod features can freak out kids, and adults.

Luke02 likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oof.