main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when you're taking a break from ff, but looking into the notepad on your phone releases all the caged bunnies. Be free!

2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    YKYAFFWW you have ended your whooping 105-day commenting fast! :eek:

teamhansolo and pronker like this.
  3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFFWW you come across a "folder" from an old LiveJournal community that you frequented daily for years and consider adapting it for the Galaxy Far, Far Away ...
    [​IMG]

Sith-I-5 and GregMcP like this.
  4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    When you've got such writer's block you can't even come up with a good line for this thread.

5. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    YKYAFFWW you watched a documentary about Goli otok and you now have inspiration to elaborate on the Dorthus Tal Prison and island.

I dare you to google that. :p

Image is locked.

pronker likes this.
  6. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    I beg your pardon; it ought to work now. Here is an extra to cheer the spirit:

[​IMG]
    I'm not feeling daring today -- imagining what the prison and island consists of is enough.[face_nail_biting]

Vek Talis, Ewok Poet and ThisIsMe1138 like this.
  7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    ....You’re waaaaay behind on comments, but your characters’ emotIons have left you too exhausted to think.

8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    @pronker, those sound like the folders where I totally don't keep photos of somebody I find hot. :p

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    ThisIsMe1138 and pronker like this.
  9. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    ...when you peruse all of your fics and reviews on the NSWFF side from the beginning. [face_whistling]

...when the new TV season has you hearing rabbit voices. [face_plain]

...when a friend finally gets around to watching Stranger Things and you want to start writing again, but got nothing. [face_beatup]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  10. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFFWW you apply a fanfiction writing guideline, "Don't be afraid to kill your babies no matter how much you love them and go back to when the piece was satisfactory", to fanart, because this one piece ... just ... isn't ... working ... [face_phbbbbt]:redsaber:[face_skull]@};-

Vek Talis likes this.
  11. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    YKYAFFWW you finally realised that there is more to your lack of enthusiasm and that only you can change it.

YKYAFFWW you come up with some hard, but necessary decisions.

YKYAFFWW you need to re-read the joke fic you wrote three years ago this month to search for a MacGuffin you planted there at some point. THREE.KRIFFIN.YEARS.AGO. Tempus fugit, amici!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
    Vek Talis, Findswoman and pronker like this.
  12. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    When you know what a MacGuffin is, even though you are completely unfamiliar with the source material that the term comes from.

13. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    When Emperor Palpatine is speaking to you. In the shower. And he knows. Your. Name. :(

ThisIsMe1138 and pronker like this.
  14. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    When watching 'Anne with and E' has me thinking 'Mara with an M'. 8-}

15. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFFWW there's a character or characters who are huge in canon ... and you can only write them as mentions or give them a sentence or two of dialogue. That's it.8-}

brodiew, Vek Talis and Raissa Baiard like this.
  16. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    ...when all your English papers are Star Wars fanfiction incognito :cool:

17. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    ....someone discovers a story you’ve let languish, and once you stop doing a happy dance, you think “I need to get to,work on this again!” :D

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  18. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Emperor Palpatine spoke to me once. Once. And it turned out SILLY. [face_devil]:emperor:8-}

Vek Talis, Raissa Baiard and pronker like this.
  19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    The Sheevster knows better than to speak to me. As long as he shuts up and lets me do whatever the hell I want to him, odds are I'll let him have some dignity. If he tries to talk to me, guaranteed I will cause the Great Bird Of The Galaxy to crap all over him and make him look like a punk. Because the Sheevster hath no say. I do not allow it.

brodiew, pronker and Vek Talis like this.
  20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    ...When convince yourself that you will write 100-200 words by the end of the day knowing full well that completing the task is highly improbable. [face_shhh] [face_plain] [face_praying]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  21. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    ...When the Force has decided ESB/TNG is a thing, if even a drabble set.

pronker and Raissa Baiard like this.
  22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    ...when you have a dream that has you think about it for the entire day and could easily inspire an epic story with countless chapters.

pronker and Raissa Baiard like this.
  23. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFFWW you meta to yourself about participating in other aspects of your fandom: cosplay, gaming, collecting ... and you realize the core interest is, was, and ever shall be ... fanfiction.:bluesaber:

Findswoman likes this.
  24. Raissa Baiard

Nov 22, 1999
    ...one-third of your muse is saying “Word Race? What Word Race? We should READ BOOKS instead!”, while another third insists “we have to get it in gear on all those WIPs” and the final third thinks “That AU idea you mentioned in passing yesterday and have no business starting? Yeah, we should totally do that now!”

Meanwhile, Real Life is quietly clearing its throat to remind you of the piles of laundry that need need taken care of. :p

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Findswoman and pronker like this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    ...You know you're a fanfiction fan when you go: @Raissa Baiard, what AU is that? Like, I'm already going SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Because Noemi and Ronen are SO. MUCH. FUN. [face_batting] Maybe you can give a backwards bribe to someone: I'll make your favorite dessert if you do the laundry [face_rofl] [face_shhh]

You know you're a fanfiction writer when word races make you rediscover your OTPs in new missing scenes. [face_dancing] [face_love]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    pronker and Findswoman like this.