main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion You Know You're a Fan Fiction Writer When...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Dev_Binks, Jul 29, 2004.

1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    You come across an old notebook while cleaning and find some story ideas jotted down in it. You immediately remember exactly where, and when, it's from and it stirs up so many feelings you wish you were actually capable of doing something with the ideas.

2. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    When you come up with a weird non-SW crossover fic idea and search up phrases to see if you can come up with a feline-based pun for the title.

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Your muse always wants to start more stories than it can finish...

4. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I don't know what this is, what it will lead to or be about, but I need this hooked up to my veins immediately. :D

5. Starith

Apr 5, 2020
    ^lol How's a Nightmare Before Christmas / Narnia crossover sound? You know you're a fan fiction writer when you need Jack Skellington-meets-Aslan hooked up to your veins.

6. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    You're kind of sleep deprived so you know you're a fanfiction writer when you read the above as "Jack Skeletor meets Aslan" and then you wonder if maybe Jack is actually Skeletor's first name and why would he be meeting with a giant lion. Wait, this is becoming a plot bunny! Now you take this home, throw Kylo Ren in the mix, add some cats, a potato. Baby, you've got a story going! :p8-}

7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    …your kid names a toy after one of your OCs. (The youngling got a fashion doll with orange hair and clothing and calls her Noemi, after Noemi Bridger, because “Noemi likes orange”. )

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    When you are listening to your happy, poppy playlist and you just want your OTP to be as carefree.

9. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    There's a fic you really want to read. Unfortunately nobody's written it. :(:p

I'd read that, I tell you what. [face_mischief]

10. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    The possibilities are truly endless, aren't they? :p You can have an entire chapter of Skeletor throwing sassy insults at Kylo and then Aslan recruits Blackie into his army or something and I'm sure he leaves a surprise in Kylo Ren's shoe, being a cat and all. Few know that Millicent is actually Aslan's cousin, twice removed.

....You're a fanfic writer because of the above plot bunnies 8-}

EDIT: Now I kind of want to write this thing and it's all @amidalachick 's fault :p

Last edited: Aug 27, 2021
  11. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Somehow, you got a plot bunny involving Mando and Metallica. This is the way! [face_laugh]

12. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    YKYAFFWW you come across a new fandom term "pro-shipping", try to figure out what it means and if it ought to change your writing any; you're pretty sure it won't, but such fun to speculate! :)

13. Starith

Apr 5, 2020
    When you have trouble drawing Anakin's hair. But that's obvious.

14. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I'll read that, I tell you hwhat! here's some inspiration:

[​IMG]

Now GO, young grasshopper, GO and write it 8-}

(sorry, had too much sugar again :p)

15. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    When your muse fires off over 6000 words of inappropriateness and you are trying to bring it back down-to-earth.[face_devil] [face_mischief] [face_shame_on_you] :eek: [face_nail_biting] [face_worried] [face_mischief]

16. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Fanfic is your biggest comfort and refuge when times of trouble and stress strike.

17. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This. So much.

amidalachick, Kahara, brodiew and 2 others like this.
  18. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Quoted for truth. This is honestly why the crazy Millicent leaving surprises in Kylo's shoe stories came into existence :p

19. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    You're reading an actual published book and the writing is just bad. You are once again reminded how much better fanfiction is. [face_love]

20. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    ... When the dam is open but you're working against brand and can't share it here.

When even the tamest of what you're writing is contrary to what you've been doing for years.

When you wonder when this roller coaster is gonna stop.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    gizkaspice, pronker and amidalachick like this.
  21. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    …you describe official SW content as being like fanfic—and you mean it as a compliment.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    When you re-read your own fics from 2 years ago and think "Wow, I wish I could write as well as that" :p

23. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    When you re-read your own fanfics from a few years ago and think "wow, that person must have ingested a ton of hallucinogenic mushrooms....You can't just make this stuff up."

Oh wait...was that me? :p8-}

24. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    You hear a funny real-life story involving a cat and think of @gizkaspice 's fics. :D

25. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    You want to learn more about @amidalachick's funny cat story so you can get inspired to write something and include the cat in a Mango Mando story [face_laugh]