main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know you're addicted to Fan Fiction when...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Oct 31, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uisceban

Uisceban Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2000
    lol. Liz I used to do that. They gave me some of the best ideas for my fics.

2. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    when while watching a scene from your school play, you suddenly blurt out "Ya know, we shoulda named this time One Last Life To Live" b4 realizing that that's a name of a fic. [soooooo guilty and my friends did want to change the name to that!]

3. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    When on vacation in Arizona, you drive to the Kinko's in Tucson to get online.

Sad, but true.

4. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    This was interesting! :) I don't want it to fall into infinity!

5. Kresa Rei'de

Kresa Rei'de Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 1999
    When you answer to your fanfic name faster than to your real name.

6. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    When you have a hard time not using smilies in your college/high school papers. :)
    (Not that there's anything to smile about when you're writing papers... :p )

7. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    How about this one that will be me next year: you write out all your fanfiction in long-hand and send it as a letter to your beta to post because you're not allowed to use computers as a missionary.

8. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001

I am guilty of this too much.....

Reloading the fanfic page about every minute to see if someone has replied to your story, posted on a round robin, another author posted on their own story.

(It was already said, but ah well...)

You have a big test at school the next day, and you say you will study, but you stay up until 11pm reading/reloading/ and posting on fanfics. (same w/ homework)

Your internet at home gets to verifying internet username and password, but says "You have been disconnected from the computer you dialed," so you go to school the next day and ask your history teacher during 4th hour if you can get on the CP in his room during lunch.

Tell your other StarWars buds about other stories posted here, ang you get them hooked.

No one seems to be posting so you go to FF.net to their starwars section.

You had been reading AnakinsAngel Prelude to a Kiss, or on FF.net, Prelude to Fall, and it took you three days to read it, but every night you go to bed and dream about everything you read.

You write StarWars stories about the actors in the movies and pretend that they come to your school and take you away to be in StarWars Epi II, then continue it from there, also the actor likes you.

You and another friend have a journal about how cute Obi Wan is and pass it around during science class while the teacher isn't looking. (Last year... so guilty, but that is starwars in general)

You get up in the moring and get online before the bus comes and see if someone has replied to the story you are writing with another author.

You read AA's Prelude story and wish that Den and Kyliene were in Epi II.

You read "Hanging By a Moment," I think by LadyKenobi, and whenever you hear the song, think of the story.

Listen to La Tango De Roxanne from the Moulin Rouge soundtrack and think of how it reminds you of Anakin and Amidala.

You look around your writing class at the quotes on the wall, and copy the one's down that will fit in your next fan fiction.

You use StarWars terms.... poo doo, force, sith, etc.

You start talking like Yoda.

I am guilty of all of those, I am so addicted to fan fiction, especially reloading the page like every couple of minutes.

ThatJediGirl

9. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ishtar, you LDS? Me and Frostfyre are too. She's got that very problem. She goes into the MTC in June and has a fic unfinished.

10. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Whoa...ThatJediGirl, nice to see people are still reading :D

Hmm...you know you're addicted when:

You can't remember if what you read really happened, or if it was fanfic. This happened to me more with x-files fic, but you know :D

aa :D

11. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Hmmm...

Waste all of your forty hours for free internet phone connection thingy on reading fanfic and then go out of your way to get cable because you can't wait another one more week for another free month. :D

12. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  13. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    you are reading fanfiction instead of getting packed to go on a week long trip *guilty*

beg your parents while on the trip to use the laptop, that they brought, to check on updates *guilty*

not getting off line for 3 hours stright *me*

have one 3" binder one 2" binder and one 5" binder full of your favorite star wars FF and you have to keep them out of view cuz your parents are wondering what happened to all the pinter paper *guilty*

14. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    You know you are addicted to Fan Fiction when you watch ESB and you don't see Lady Vader herself, Queen Amidala present.

15. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    this happened to me so...

your computer gets a virus and your father has to rebuld it, but while he does that you go to your friend's house who thinks you are crazy and get on her computer and read from there

16. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    sorry I'm enjoying this...

your friends try to put you in charter cuz you spend to much time on JC

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I am LDS. I'll be going into the MTC in January, bare months before Episode 2 comes out and I don't know how I'll survive. Where's she going?

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    You know you're addicted when your Biblical Hebrew professor compiles a list of "Everything I need to know about hebrew grammar I learned from Yoda" and you explain the joke to all your betas.

19. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    You know you're addicted when:

You wait for your husband to go to sleep, then get out of bed to read so he won't gripe at you for ignoring him.

He calls himself a "computer widower."

20. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    ... When you spend more time on your roommate's computer than she does because she has a DSL connection.

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Oh, gosh, that's funny.

22. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    >You know you're addicted when your Biblical Hebrew professor compiles a list of "Everything I need to know about hebrew grammar I learned from Yoda" and you explain the joke to all your betas.

lol!!! I wish my Biblical Hebrew professor would do that...I wish I had a Biblical Hebew professor... ;)

You know you're addicted to Fan Fiction when...
    1) you wear a hebrew SW shirt and have to explain the jokes.

23. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    When you have a dream that Darth Maul is chasing after you in your own house, and as you run up the stairs, you start screaming for Barin Truthfinder (from HaiGan's You Can Run But You Can't Hide) to come and save you.

This is true!

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    What does the Hebrew SW shirt say? BTW, I'm trying to find a picture of Darth Vader's suit because it allegedly has hebrew on it somewhere. Do you know anything about it?

25. IellaWessiriNRI

IellaWessiriNRI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2001
    lol... i know this has been said before, but just to reiterate,

...you're no longer sure if what you remember was from an EU book or a fanfic...

also, none of my friends ask me the customary "watcha doing" anymore, because the answer is always the same: "I'm at the JC, reading fanfic" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.