main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You know you're addicted to Fan Fiction when...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Mr. P, Oct 31, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You know you're addicted to fanfic when...

Your husband and daughter resort to yelling out your character name when your sitting mesmerized in front the computer... and it works to get your attention. [face_blush]

2. CeNedra

CeNedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2001
  3. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    when, while looking through your back posts for a fic, you stumble across this and just have to up it.

4. empress of justice

empress of justice Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2000
    ...you are convinced that you are, in fact, your username/handle. (Yes, I am the Empress!)

...You make it your life's goal to get friends and family members writing fanfics. (and I'm succeding!)

...You plot the demise of a certain author of NAWWAL who's gone for 6 weeks w/o a post.

EOJ

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    When you and your heathen (non-SW) roommate have a movie night, you insist on watching Return of the Jedi if she gets to watch Matrix and keep a notebook with you for continued inspiration. Then when she calls you a freak for even LIKING a movie "without any hot guys in it", you have a list of reasons to disprove the nutcase she is...

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    You've actually contributed to this thread. UP!

7. Anika Skywalker

Anika Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 15, 2000
    ...while on vacation at your grandparent's house, you find that their modem only connects from 30 seconds to 3 minutes at a time (five if you're lucky, record: 9:34). While most people wouldn't bother, you go ahead and reconnect over and over again for the sole purpose of reading fanfics. (This one is true as of now. :D)

[color=008300]¤Å§[/color]

8. Mara10145

Mara10145 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2000
    "...When you spend your free time planning your story in your head."
    So guilty. I plan my story in my head when I'm supposed to be trying to sleep.

...you write down the title and topic number of your favorite stories so you don't have to look for them.

9. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    ...when you minimize IE behind a computer game so your parents don't get scared that you've been reading back-story fics all day, then realize that they must think you've been playing 18 straight hours of computer Solitaire. (Guilty)

... when you start compiling a list of all the humorous posts on this thread of which you are guilty, then abandon the idea because it would be too large for one post. (Guilty)

...when you get scared by something and put your mind at ease by concentrating on the latest prologue you're writing. (Guilty yet again)

...when you join a round robin, and, not until two days later, realize that one of the other posters is one of your closest friends in real life. (Can you believe I'm actually guilty of this?)

...when you got more Snowboard Private Messages one week than e-mails. (Once again, guilty)

...when you log on to one of your favorite fics in the middle of the afternoon and, before you finish reading, it's suddenly half past midnight. (Guilty many times)

...when you realize you're talking to yourself, and find that you're trying to figure out how to pronounce the latest fanfic character names. (Guilty, too)

...when you're away from the comp so long you find yourself making up posts for other people's stories just to get your fanfic fix. (Actually guilty of this, but only once)

...when you have to schedule things in more than one time zone (for me, that's quite often), you ramble off the times from Eastern to Alaskan time zones, but refer to the Pacific Time Zone as "JC Time." (Guilty once more)

10. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    ...when you take your laptop with you on a weekend trip hoping that you will be able to log on.

...checking fanfic while getting directions on that same trip

...writing the next installment of your fic mentally while driving home from work.

Of course, I'm not guilty of any of these...no way...ummm...I hope I remember to pack my spare phone cable tonight :)

11. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    When you go to a friend's concert and instead of listening to the second half of it, you two hole up in the performers' lounge of Boston's Hatch Shell and plot more fanfiction. (Guilty)

When you've read OBAC or SD more than three times.

When you skip your lunch hour between classes to write posts like this.

12. Luke_and_Mara_4ever

Luke_and_Mara_4ever Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    When you go online, your start page is TFN fanfic, fanfiction.net, fanfix or another FF site. (guilty!)

Your one and only webstie is devoted to fanfiction (guilty)

You wrote a fic about DV that made him out to be so good, you don't consider him a bad guy anymore (guilty!)*

You walk around school all day imagining writing a fanfic about sw characters in the situations you're in. (guilty!)**

Your mom tells you to turn off the computer at one, then finds you still online at 2:45. Ooops.

* I wrote a fic that's on FF.N (find it here) and not only do I not think about Vader the same way, my mom beta-read it and SHE can't think about Vader as a bad guy anymore either!

**Hmm...Luke Skywalker playing trumpet in marching band and screwing up the solo....Leia having a heart attack upon seeing a 64 on the top of a paper, thinking she flunked, then realizing it means 64 out of 67.....

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    On the 64/67 thing, definitely had that happen before; my first math exam at a new school, I got a 39 at the top of my paper and literally was on the verge of tears before I realized it was out of 40.

14. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yeah, that's happened to me. I got a sixty-nine. It was on an exam, so I just about started bawling when I realized my teacher messed up and added too much extra credit. Looking at it again, I got a sixty-nine out of sixty-three.

15. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    ...when you begin posting on the JC Community and the Episodes II&III Forum because you haven't posted on anything except fan fiction in the last eighteen months. (Guilty)

...when you become convinced that posters look like the characters depicted in their icons because, "Well, I had a dream that I met her at camp, and she looked just like Natalie Portman..." (Guilty)

...when you work on your latest post so much that it opens automatically when your Mom tries to work. (Guilty, and apparently too bad at grammar for my Mom the English teacher)

...when you find yourself seriously considering the reproductive habits of plot bunnies. (Guilty again)

...when you see a new TV show or movie you like and think "This would be a great crossover!" (Guilty, but only once or twice)

16. Maija Darklighter

Maija Darklighter Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2000
    I'm gulty for most of it including what I wrote bleow fof "Y.K.Y'RE.A.T.Fan Fic"

*You begin to image your fave. Character sitting by you and chatting with you.

*You talk to your mirrior about new stories.

*You start to belive that your username is your real name.

LoL I have more but i will post them later.

I lead a very odd life, dont you think so?
    :D

17. Amilianna

Amilianna Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    YKYATFFW...

...you buy Catz 4, see that it comes with bunniez, adopt a male and a female, name them Plot A and Plot B, then try like crazy, dousing the poor things in love potion, trying to get them to breed before you open the help file and realize they're already spayed/neutered.

...you have a text pager and set it up to notify you when your stories get posts. Then, everytime it beeps, you get your "fan fic" smile on your face and fellow swfan friends ask which story it was.

...you are severly disappointed when the page is actually from a person who you know, and not the JC.

...you see a bulletin board at school and have a sudden urge to rush up to it and see if there were any good posts.

...you also have a strong urge to tack up your own stories on aformentioned board.

...in your spare time you work on ff sites and invent new ways to torture Palpy, then post them to the K.E.P.P. thread. :D (for those who don't know K.E.P.P. stands for "Kill the Evil Palpy Project", and we even have our own thread, and I'm going to make a space for us on my new ff site! yippie! :D )

ahem... [face_blush] Oh, ya, and two more...

...you have memorized the markup and face codes for the boards, and are suprised when they don't work elsewhere (ie in your emails)

...you have memorized the alt+#### codes for the e at the end of Padmé et all's names.

**Edit**

...you sign up to be a beta reader just so that you get first crack at the new fan fic pool.

...you actually come back and edit your post seconds after posting it because you've thought of some new ones.

18. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    OMG, I feel so guilty for almost everything! And that's just cuz I don't go to work, only to school ;)

YKYAATFF...

... when you try and get SMS messages when there are posts on your fave fanfics (GUILTY, but my parents just don't like the constant buzzing and beeping)

... when you don't eat anything till it's 5 pm, cuz you're reading a fanfic (Hey, I lost 4 pounds for a week that way! GUILTY!)

i know ppl have said that, but it's just too temping to say it again ;)

19. Amilianna

Apr 10, 2001
    YKYATFFW...
    you actually come on and up this thread, hoping more people will post on it. :D

20. Amilianna

Apr 10, 2001
    YKYATFFW...
    You know your UID by heart.

21. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    YKYATFF...

...when you find yourself quoting other people's JC signatures. (Guilty)

22. Ty-gon Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    You know you're addicted to fan fiction when you read through the thread again and discover that you're guilty of ONE HUNDRED TWENTY of the YKYATFFW suggestions. (Guilty just now)

23. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    YKYATFFW......

You almost call your brother Qui Gon.

You talk like Yoda.

Use the word force, ex:"Holy Force, that hurt!"

...... I did all of those......

24. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
  25. ThatJediGirl