main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends You?ll Be In My Heart (A series of Qui/Obi vignettes) *Complete*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, just perfect and decribing them like the father and son I always see in them.

2. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Truth, wisdom and understanding can't even exist in the absence of feelings.

You put it so perfectly:

"You are not wrong. We are Jedi, Padawan, and that means we sometimes have to make sacrifices that other people could barely begin to comprehend. It is part of our duty... "

... ...

"But," he placed a hand over Obi-Wan's heart, "deep inside here, we are all of us the same and if the people we love are in danger then we would go through any barrier to protect them. No amount of Jedi training will ever change that fully. And it never should."

... ...

That was not darkness. That was light.

Loved every word.

3. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    Another incredible post. =D= Beautifully written...every single word! I loved this statement.

Qui-Gon?s smile became teasing. ?I?ve just realised that the notoriously unbending Obi-Wan Kenobi isn?t quite so different from his rebellious old Master as he?d like to believe sometimes.?

This is so true...after all, he did train Anakin.

By the way, thank you so much for your kind words,[face_blush] but believe me when I say that you have an wonderful talent and a magnificent way with words. You pull the reader right into the story and in my opinion, that is part of being a great writer. Thank you for sharing your gift with us.

4. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    Excellent.=D=
    Qui-Gon is right the council have closed off their hearts to
    avoid responsibility. They do not want to feel compassion for their fellow man.

Well done such a moving chapter, and wonderful to read.
    I love it when Qui-Gon shows his love for Obi-Wan.[face_love]

5. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Qui-Gina-Jinn: [face_blush] Thank you so much! You?ve set my fears to rest.

Bastet: Thank you! [:D]

DarthBerryStraw: Thank you!

Jedi-Gon: Really, you are a truely gifted writer. [face_blush] You?re too kind! Next update coming right up!

JediKaren: Glad you liked it. [:D]

silverfighter: Awww, thank you! I agree completely with you and believe more Masters should recognise that need in their apprentices more often :)

dimyavie: Thanks a lot! More mush on the way. :D

Alexis_Wingstar: Thank you @};- And yes they should.

Jinngerbread: You don?t like songfics! :eek: I?m afraid I?m a guilty fan. (believe it or not :D) Well I?m really glad I could convert you to the songfic cause, at least for this one fic. Welcome to my PM list.

early bird-obi-wan: Me too, I?m glad you like this so much.

ranta: ?Truth, wisdom and understanding can't even exist in the absence of feelings.? So true. Thank you my friend. @};-

Jedidas3: [:D] [:D] [:D] That?s about all I can say right now.

Gkilkenny: Thank you. @};- @};-

Thank you so much to all and here?s the next chapter?

The biting wind tore past the mouth of the cave, searching for and stripping the warm life from any creature foolish enough to be caught in its swirling path.

?Why can we never be sent anywhere nice, Master?? Obi-Wan murmured from somewhere within the folds of their shared blankets.

Qui-Gon sighed. ?I have no idea, Padawan.?

It did indeed seem like he and Obi-Wan were getting to see less and less of the good side of life in this galaxy, but sending them to Rantive 4 to negotiate peace between the warring native tribes in the middle of winter was an all time low.

?I have a theory,? Obi-Wan stated. ?This is punishment. My cold feet are pay back for all those times you?ve upset the Council.? The Padawan freed his covered head so that he could look at the older man. ?Maybe if you?d stop annoying them so much, Master, and actually did as they asked for a change, we might be sent somewhere with at least a fully functioning sanitary system.?

Qui-Gon chuckled. ?And here I thought you enjoyed traipsing around in the wilderness with me. Besides, the Council should now be well used to my more er? rebellious tendencies. If I did suddenly start doing as they asked Master Windu is liable to become one with the Force and I couldn?t have that on my conscience.?

That drew a laugh and Obi-Wan allowed him to win the point. After all, frozen toes and hungriness aside, today was a special day.

The wind selfishly continued to howl outside their makeshift home, uncaring of the occasion. But Obi-Wan barely heard it now, feeling that despite the miserable conditions and lack of celebration he should at least make some sort of an acknowledgement. He only wished they could have been at home.

?Ten years now, Master,? he said.

?I know? Qui-Gon murmured, not needing an explanation. Ten years to the day since he had taken Obi-Wan as his Padawan. The tenth anniversary of that fateful day on Bandomeer when his life had started anew. Gazing down at Obi-Wan the Master did not know where the time had fled to but suddenly here he sat beside a young man no longer a boy.

Qui-Gon felt a strange sadness fill his heart. ?Such a long time,? he said, ?and yet seemingly no time at all.?

Obi-Wan was quick to pick up on the sudden change in his mood and frowned. ?What is it??

?Nothing, my Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon replied distantly. ?Just an old fool?s regret.?

?Don?t say that, Master,? Obi-Wan tightened the arm that rested around Qui-Gon?s waist. ?You?re not old.?

Qui-Gon laughed, not so distracted as to miss the teasing behind the serious tone. ?So I?m a fool, then??

Obi-Wan smiled mischievously at him, blue-green eyes dancing in the dim light. ?Maybe sometimes, but I still hold out the hope that one day you will behave in the manner expected of a Master in your position. And then maybe one day we will be given a more civilized

6. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    Callused fingers carded through his hair then. Warmth flowed from them. The ache in his bruising hip eased and his frozen toes tingled comfortingly. Obi-Wan sighed. The warmth spread to his heart, almost aching in the knowledge of how much Qui-Gon cared for him. And with that gift came a simple promise. A promise that this would always be so. Even when he was a grown Knight with a Padawan of his own. This would always be so. They would never lose each other.

The thought served to banish the sadness from both their hearts. Suddenly snow and ice didn?t matter anymore, this moment couldn?t have been more perfect to either of them had they been warm at home celebrating quietly with a glass of wine and a fine meal.

Wholly content Obi-Wan let the pull of sleep steal him away at last, knowing without doubt that he was safe and loved in Qui-Gon?s arms.

?Happy anniversary, Master.?

[face_love][face_love][face_love]

So very sweet. You've written yet another wonderful viggie.

7. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oh. wow, that was so sweet and mushy.

Sad, too, for us who know that they only have a few more years before Qui-Gon crosses the Great Divide....

@};-

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    AAAAWWWWWWWWW!! [face_love] I loved this one!!!

I loved the banter between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at the beginning.

?Nothing, my Obi-Wan,? Qui-Gon replied distantly. ?Just an old fool?s regret.?

?Don?t say that, Master,? Obi-Wan tightened the arm that rested around Qui-Gon?s waist. ?You?re not old.?

Qui-Gon laughed, not so distracted as to miss the teasing behind the serious tone. ?So I?m a fool, then??

Obi-Wan smiled mischievously at him, blue-green eyes dancing in the dim light. ?Maybe sometimes, but I still hold out the hope that one day you will behave in the manner expected of a Master in your position. And then maybe one day we will be given a more civilized assignment.?
    [face_laugh]

?No,? Obi-Wan?s head shook slightly against his chest. ?I think I?d enjoy that, Master. I like stories.?

I like stories.

Qui-Gon went very still.

Those words? Simple, innocent but suddenly he found himself being thrown back through time, down through many years, back before Xanatos? betrayal to an afternoon spent with a little boy curled under a pile of crushing rubble. I like stories. Today my fav?ite day.

Sudden clarity struck Qui-Gon like lightning to the brain and before he could discredit it the name was out of his mouth. ?Ben??

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and a smile spread across his face. ?Mast?a??
    [face_love] Aww, just perfect! Finally Qui-Gon knows Obi was that little boy! [face_dancing]

The words resounded in Obi-Wan?s head. A frown creased between his brows. Because instead of feeling joy at those longed for words he felt only a sharp stab of regret. He felt that he finally understood the strange sadness lurking within his Master. Soon to be a Knight? Soon to leave Qui-Gon?s side as his Padawan. It hadn?t struck him before. How would he live his life without the comfort and happiness of being at Qui-Gon?s side? Even their most inane conversations and the silences in between were a pleasure. Qui-Gon had been more friend to him than Master over these last years of his apprenticeship, but now there was something deeper. Now they were like old friends. Family. :( I loved how Obi-Wan's thoughts about Qui-Gon, that he's more like family than a master. But also can't help but think about what's going to happen in three years! :_|

Callused fingers carded through his hair then. Warmth flowed from them. The ache in his bruising hip eased and his frozen toes tingled comfortingly. Obi-Wan sighed. The warmth spread to his heart, almost aching in the knowledge of how much Qui-Gon cared for him. And with that gift came a simple promise. A promise that this would always be so. Even when he was a grown Knight with a Padawan of his own. This would always be so. They would never lose each other.

The thought served to banish the sadness from both their hearts. Suddenly snow and ice didn?t matter anymore, this moment couldn?t have been more perfect to either of them had they been warm at home celebrating quietly with a glass of wine and a fine meal.

Wholly content Obi-Wan let the pull of sleep steal him away at last, knowing without doubt that he was safe and loved in Qui-Gon?s arms.

?Happy anniversary, Master.?
    [face_love]

Well, I've just about quoted the whole story, but that just shows how much I absolutely loved this vignete. [face_love] And of course it more than lived up to my expectations! :D Beautiful, Glenstorm, just beautiful!! [face_love] @};-

9. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Your post met all expectations. I loved it! The mush just made it better. :) It's awesome that Qui-Gon finally knows that Obi-Wan was the little boy. Thanks for writing! :D

10. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Ah, the joys of internet connections while on vacation - what a LOVELY ending to an already great day of hiking and sightseeing in Canyonlands.

The Padawan shot his Master a startled look, but Qui-Gon?s eyes were already closed.

Soon to be a Knight

The words resounded in Obi-Wan?s head. A frown creased between his brows. Because instead of feeling joy at those longed for words he felt only a sharp stab of regret. He felt that he finally understood the strange sadness lurking within his Master. Soon to be a Knight? Soon to leave Qui-Gon?s side as his Padawan. It hadn?t struck him before. How would he live his life without the comfort and happiness of being at Qui-Gon?s side? Even their most inane conversations and the silences in between were a pleasure. Qui-Gon had been more friend to him than Master over these last years of his apprenticeship, but now there was something deeper. Now they were like old friends. Family.

And very soon he would have to leave.

Such a long time and yet seemingly no time at all?

?What is it, Ben?? His own words echoed back to him braking through his reverie.

Obi-Wan smiled slightly at the use of the name. ?Nothing, Master, just a young fool?s regret.?

?Ah.?

They figured it out!

On the 10th Anniversary!

Ah, the bittersweet reality of growing up for both parent and child... only they would lose each other, in a sense, when Qui-Gon died, at least as far as Obi-Wan knew. But as their time drew to an end, their friendship deepened and carried them forward, I like to think.

Wonderful update (the last two, actually, it's hard to find consistent internet time while away).

11. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    That was very, very good. I made a good choice coming here for my fanfiction, I believe.

I love how that little bit from the other story was slipped in here and how Qui-Gon realizes that he cannot embellish the story.
    All of these stories made me smile. Fantastic. Fantastic.

:D

12. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

=D= Oh it did, it did. =D= Their anniversary surpassed all my expectations.:cool:
    To find out that Ben was his Padawan and Obi-Wans own suspicions coming true.[face_love]

What a beautiful conclusion to their miserable evening. So cold and wet, and yet they had each other. Well done=D= =D=

13. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    I absolutely love the relationship between Master and apprentice. You've done a wonderful job with this! The banter between them was so endearing. Great job with this story.=D= Thank you again for sharing your marvelous talent with us. Of course, you've left me wanting more!!![face_praying]

14. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    [:D][:D][:D]

*dies of happiness*

This was amazing!

Yes! They finally know that it was each other! Wonderfully, wonderfully done. [face_love]

Qui-Gon withdrew quickly. ?You?re right, I?m sorry.? Twenty-two year old Padawan?s would hardly want to be told stories by their old Masters.

?No,? Obi-Wan?s head shook slightly against his chest. ?I think I?d enjoy that, Master. I like stories.?

I like stories.

Qui-Gon went very still.

Those words? Simple, innocent but suddenly he found himself being thrown back through time, down through many years, back before Xanatos? betrayal to an afternoon spent with a little boy curled under a pile of crushing rubble. I like stories. Today my fav?ite day.

Sudden clarity struck Qui-Gon like lightning to the brain and before he could discredit it the name was out of his mouth. ?Ben??

Obi-Wan opened his eyes and a smile spread across his face. ?Mast?a??

A wondering laugh bubbled from Qui-Gon?s throat. ?That was you all those years ago?? And quite suddenly it didn?t seem so surprising. In fact it answered a lot of questions: the reason behind the strength of their bond, the answer to why there had already been a tentative connection between them when they had first met. ?Have you known all this time??

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?I suspected, but never knew for sure until just now. All I really remember is a comforting presence and a steady voice telling me stories until we were rescued.?

Qui-Gon smiled, still reeling from the revelation. Who?d have thought that the little boy to whom he owed his life would turn out to be his very own Padawan.

You have made my day, and I am now smiling ear to ear. Very well done, realistic, but dramatic at the same time. :D

The tale was carefully woven, the plot twisting in unexpected and complicated directions, mindful that his Padawan was now grown with a quick and intellectual mind. Unfortunately that also meant he couldn?t get away with as much embellishment like he had the last time.

The bitter night deepened until finally, voice hoarse from the unaccustomed use, Qui-Gon finished his latest masterpiece. He really ought to write some of this down, the amused thought came distantly.
    [face_laugh] Of course, Qui-Gon would embellish upon stories. :rolleyes: Good thing Obi-Wan is quick-minded! :p

?What is it, Ben?? His own words echoed back to him braking through his reverie.

Obi-Wan smiled slightly at the use of the name. ?Nothing, Master, just a young fool?s regret.?

?Ah.?

[face_love][face_love][face_love] Very, very nice. I loved it to the very end! Such a beatiful picture. I love how Obi-Wan used his master's 'fool's regret' line. A very well-rounded touch.

Again, this is an amazing story! I think I told you that I was planning to write a songfic to this also; mine pales in comparison to yours! Kudos to you, and well done.

Update soon! [:D][face_batting]

15. Jinngerbread

Jinngerbread Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2007

Such a long time and yet seemingly no time at all?

Awwwwwww [face_love][face_love] I love how wonderfully well you write their relationship. Just so heartwarming and affectionate, realizing how important they are to each other. I'm a big puddle of mushy goo. Keep up the great work, we can always use more mush in the world :D

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Catching up. For some reason, I missed the last vignette.

I adored it! It was brilliant and so full of emotion and the characters were just so very right. Loved it!!!

This was the heart.

Obi-Wan lowered his eyes and managed a somewhat sad smile. ?I suppose not,? he said and Qui-Gon was dismayed to see that his jest had backfired. Obi-Wan?s head bowed lower even as his arms came up to fold protectively across his chest. ?I?m sorry, Master,? he said. ?I?ve tried, I really have tried to be all that the Council and the Jedi need me to be. Ever since Melida/Daan... But I just can?t help it!? The auburn head shook helplessly. ?I know,? his voice dropped so low that Qui-Gon had to strain to hear him, ?I know as a Jedi I should be prepared to let go of those that I? that I? care about?? his eyes flickered briefly to Qui-Gon?s before nailing themselves to the floor again. ?But I just couldn?t do it, Master. It felt like I was tearing myself to pieces and I couldn?t let go of the pain. I should be able to, but I couldn?t. Is that so wrong of me?? The miserable eyes lifted, searching his.

My heart was hurting so much for him. Great, great job. =D=

4/30 post - this was also wonderful. I loved how you captured Obi's sense of humor and Qui-Gon's amusement at it. I loved how they found each other after all those years. So sad, too in the knowledge that it wouldn't last.

Not to be... :_|

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved it, simply loved it. Great writing. Just how I paint them. Qui and Obi always together.:*

18. silversock

silversock Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2008
    I love how these all tie in with one another!

And with that gift came a simple promise. A promise that this would always be so. Even when he was a grown Knight with a Padawan of his own. This would always be so. They would never lose each other.

Oooohhh dear. Oooohhh dear oh dear oh dear. Why am I getting the feeling that if there's more (there will be more, right? [face_praying]) that you'll follow what happens in TPM and... Ohhhh dear.

Update soon, I really want to see what comes next! :D

19. Lileia

Lileia Jedi Youngling

Jan 17, 2008
    Since I was lucky to read all of them at once, I didn't huff for long after reading number 3 and 4. I got my answers in the fifth story. The recognition - that's what I wanted and that's what I saw. :)

I loved them all @};- [face_love]

Every story has its key-sentence or key-idea that made my face split in a huge grin. I simply must speak my mind out!
    Ah.. I also have a couple of questions and doubts[face_thinking]

1)
    The love that had been the very centre of this boy's world was gone.
    Oh, how very true for Obi-Wan! From early days and till the end of his life. And one more endearing tought:

The baby made no noise, just continued to watch him curiously and Qui-Gon was surprised to feel a slight 'nudge' somewhere in the back of his mind as those eyes connected with his.
    Well, that's the notorious qui-gonish stubborness! To miss the warnings from Force like that. :D

However, one disagreement about this one. I don't think a creche master could just pass a crying baby and not do anything about it.

2. "Right." Qui-Gon looked the boy over, and quite unexpectedly a name jumped out at him. "Ben?"

It must have come from somewhere within the child himself, for Qui-Gon had never heard the name before.

The boy looked surprised but hardly displeased. A flicker of istant
    recognition passed over his face.

"Is that your name?"

The look vanished. "Noooo. My name Ob- Obi-" The child struggled with the syllables then gave up around the grit in his mouth and missing teeth. "Ben, Mast'a. I kinda like dat. Some reason."

[:D] Thanks for that! It's so so lovely! And it makes perfect sense when later Obi-Wan takes that name as his own. :)

A sleepy voice cut though his musings. "Know who you are."

Startled, Qui-Gon asked. "Who am I, Ben?"

A slight knowing smile touched the small lips. "You my Mast'a."

Qui-Gon felt his breath catch. The tall Jedi stared but Ben said no more.

My Master.

Loved it! Every single word!!!!!!!!!!

The third one did me in :D. I reread it several times at once and I think it's the best one! It's so tender, bright and beautiful! I loved everything from embarrased Obi-Wan mistaking left and right:) to caring Master who wants to make that day to be a special one for his new apprentice.
    Still -again:D- one disgreement. It would be far too cruel for Jedi to severe initiates' braids when sending them to AgriCorps. That would traumatize the kids all right!

4. Qui-Gon felt his heart twist and his resolve to remain the properly stoic Jedi Master in this instance cracked. He had never seen such a naked look on his Padawan?s face. Obi-Wan?

His eyes were suddenly wrenched wide open to the pain Obi-Wan was feeling.

What had he been doing? His Padawan was hurting and he had let his own selfish fear blind him to just how much.

In an instant he cast aside his role as a Master and the tenets of the Jedi. Council be damned. Obi-Wan needed him right now. Needed truth, wisdom and understanding. Not to have his feelings callously pushed aside by stern platitudes.

The calm Jedi mask melted from his face and in that moment he was just Qui-Gon, a man who loved his apprentice more than life itself. Like any father. Something he realised he should have done from the start.

That melted my heart completely! :)

5. The teasing is great. And the scene of recognising Ben in his padawan is so touching. But I can't help grumbling that wise Qui-Gon could've understood it earlier. :)

?I always knew that you were meant to be my Master,? Obi-Wan whispered.

?That you did, my Obi-Wan. Even as a three year old, you were wiser than I.?

[face_love]

Sorry for such a huge post. O:)

20. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    DarthBerryStraw: Awww Thank you!

ranta: Cheers. And yes Qui-Gon?s fate was going through my mind a lot during this chapter :_|

Bastet: [face_blush] I?m really glad you loved this so much. Thank you.

dimyavie: No problem! I?m glad that lived up to expectations because I know so many of you were waiting for that moment of discovery between them. Thank you [face_dancing]

Valairy_Scot: Hey, I hope you?re having a good holiday! I?m so glad I was able to round your day of hiking off so nicely :) I love walking and I really hope you?re enjoying it!

monkeykelci: :D Thank you! And a very warm welcome to you, you?ve definitely made the right choice in coming to these boards. There?s such a lot of wonderful talent here, as I?m sure you?re already busy finding out :D

Gkilkenny: [:D] [:D] Thank you so much!

jedidas3: ?Thank you again for sharing your marvelous talent with us. Of course, you've left me wanting more!!!? [face_blush] More is here!

Jedi-Gon: [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] Thank you so so much! And [face_shame_on_you] of course your story isn?t going to pale in comparison to this! I was more worried about it being the other way round :D and I?m very much looking forward to it.

Jinngerbread: Yup, you said it, the world needs more mush! And I?m not going to argue with that. Though I think this next part is more angsty than mushy :( Thanks a whole lot for reading [:D]

dianethx: Thank you and I know :_| :_|

early bird-obi-wan: :D Thank you!

silversock: ?Why am I getting the feeling that if there's more that you'll follow what happens in TPM? Whatever gave you that idea [face_whistling] Thank you so much for reading. I?m glad you?re liking it so much, my friend.

Lileia: Hey! Glad to have you back on board for this. Don?t worry about such a long response, as with everyone?s, it was much loved and appreciated, everything you said.

As for the disagreements, ah-ha! (rubs hands together) I love a debate! I?ll try to address both very briefly here if nobody minds.

Point 1: I don?t know? like it was mentioned in the viggie, I think the creche masters would see that sort of thing all the time and would be less moved by it than those who didn?t. As long as the baby was well cared for I believe they would leave them to adjust on their own. Jedi training begins early, and that means teaching them to let go and accept. As for Qui-Gon, well, we know his connection to the Living Force doesn?t always allow him to conform. He?s too empathic towards other living beings.

Point 2: Yes, I agree with you. I too think it would be cruel to sever a child?s braid when they were sent to the Agri Corps, but my thinking was that if they were never going to be Knighted then there would be no further point in keeping the braid, would there? [face_thinking] Plus did I need some way for Qui-Gon to give Obi-Wan the braid back, and this just seemed the best way to do it :D

Thanks again for reading and letting me know your thoughts. Keep 'em coming!

Anyway I?ve carried on too long. I know you all want to get to the next part and here it is:

--Always, he had promised to remain by his Master?s side always.

But now, somehow, he wasn?t, and in one fateful second his heart was ripped from his chest.

Qui-Gon staggered, a lethal spear of bloody fire thrusting through his body, agonisingly slow in a moment that stretched forever.

Then he was gone...
    --

?Nooooo!? Obi-Wan jumped from his fitful sleep, his damp, twisted sheets tangling round his body as he fought to be free of them. ?No! Master!? he cried, barely knowing what he was doing.

His distress carried across their quarters to hit Qui-Gon like a fist in the gut. In no time he had crossed the living space and burst into his Padawan?s room.

He stopped short at the door. Obi-Wan was

21. DarthBerryStraw

DarthBerryStraw Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2007
    The uncontrollable shuddering ceased and Obi-Wan drew back a short way. ?I?m sorry, Master,? he murmured, turning his face as he dried his eyes self-consciously on his sleeve.

?Don?t apologise. You had a nightmare.? It was hardly a question.

Obi-Wan shook his head weakly, face deathly pale in the darkened room. ?It was more than that, Master,? he whispered. ??so much more??

:_| Poor Obi-Wan! Having nightmares about loved ones dying is always horrifying, but I imagine it would take on a whole new level when you're a Jedi. There's always the possibility of the dream being a vision. :(

Still smiling gently Qui-Gon released his grip and replaced Obi-Wan against his side. ?But for now, my young Padawan, all of that is in the future and the present is what is important. We cannot waste the time we have by worrying over what lies ahead.?

?No, Master,? came the solemn reply.

Qui-Gon sent his approval through their bond, wrapping it in his love and pride. ?Sleep, my Obi-Wan,? he said. ?I have a feeling that our paths will run together for a good time yet.?

[face_love] Qui-Gon is really Obi-Wan's strength in this viggie.

Lovely, once again!

22. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    :_| :_|

Poor Obi-Wan, what a horrible nightmare! :( And all the more so because we know it comes true! :_|

But at least Qui-Gon was there to comfort him this time. [face_love]

Obi-Wan nodded against his shoulder but his grip remained tight on Qui-Gon?s tunic. ?Promise you?ll never leave me, Master,? he said in a broken whisper so uncharacteristic of his strong Padawan. ?Promise you won?t ever leave me behind.?

Qui-Gon stiffened. Grasping Obi-Wan by the shoulders he pushed his Padawan to arm?s length so he could meet those despairing eyes.

?I can never promise that, Obi-Wan,? he said firmly.

Obi-Wan looked shocked then hurt and began to turn his face away but Qui-Gon caught his chin and held his gaze firm. ?Eventually I will die, Padawan, whether by the darkness in your vision or by some other unforeseen destiny, it will happen someday. It is the way of things. The way of the Force. We each of us have a path to follow and a purpose to fulfil in our lives. Our paths will part someday and when that day comes you have to let me go. It is the hardest lesson I will ever have to teach, but you must. No matter how rocky your way becomes.?
    :_|

Sighing, he looked down into his Padawan?s sleeping face.

The road ahead was barred by darkness. Obi-Wan would have to find his strength.

Silently Qui-Gon brushed the braid back and murmured. ?The Force will be with you, Obi-Wan. Always. If nothing else remember that. Then nothing will overcome you.?
    [face_love]

Wonderful viggie, Glenstorm! [face_love] I was so glad to see you updated this, you made my day! :D But now of course I can't wait for the next one! :D Though...I have a feeling it might be even sadder than this one... [face_worried] :(

23. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    But despite what he had told his Padawan, deep down he found he couldn?t quite shake the foreboding that had crept into his heart this night. What Obi-Wan had foretold was somehow more than just an ordinary, fickle phantom cast upon the winding path that they followed. There was a grain of truth there that even Qui-Gon couldn?t deny.

Sighing, he looked down into his Padawan?s sleeping face.

The road ahead was barred by darkness. Obi-Wan would have to find his strength.

Silently Qui-Gon brushed the braid back and murmured. ?The Force will be with you, Obi-Wan. Always. If nothing else remember that. Then nothing will overcome you.?

Impossibly Obi-Wan stirred and in the deepest recesses of his sleeping mind came the reply:

//Yes, Master.//

Qui-Gon smiled wanly as he rested his chin in the red-gold hair. Watchful eyes stared at the stars. Yes he had faith.

:_| :_| :_| :_|

That was so great...
    It made me sad, but it also made me think and agree with Qui-Gon.
    It made me question myself and the faith I have in the future and what is coming..
    It made me think.

Thank you for the wonderful viggie, and to answer your question, yes. I have found that out and absolutly LOVE this site!
    Wonderful job, Glenstorm, and an amazing thing to come home to after a long day!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely update. Yes Qui-Gon will always be in Obi-Wan's heart.

25. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Happy sigh...too much too wonderful to quote and darn laptop drives me crazy sometimes. Home tomorrow and back to the real computer...just a wonderful series of viggies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.