main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You might be a chav if

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by beezel26, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    As an American I am always wanting to learn about the UK. Heck I work for one your companies so its in my best interest to understand your culture.

Jeff Foxworthy had a comedic act called You might be a redneck. He listed ways of being a redneck for example.

You might be a redneck if you go to a family reunion to look for a date.

So tell me, you might be a chav if

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    You might be a chav if you miss your English GCSE exam to attend your child's birthday party.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Speaking of chavs, I encountered a typical example in WH Smiths this morning. Two women, 20s, one with 2 screaming brats. One in a pushchair and one running loose. She was yelling on her mobile at somebody about her benefits while yelling at one of the kids about not buying toys. Both had on the typical chavvy navel-revealing tops.

4. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    You might be a chav if you voted for the Conservatives so that the cider tax increase would be cancelled

5. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    You might be a Chav if you think your sovereign ring makes you look classy

6. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    You might be a Chav if you went to see Street Dance at the cinema, in 3D!

7. Louis_Skywalker

Louis_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 12, 2008
    You might be a chav if you think Roul Moat is a legend.

Yes it's true, the guy murdered 2 people and shot 2 others including a police officer but there's already a facebook site with 18,000 members. The news is also showing people gathering at the place he shot himself and laying flowers. I can't believe the people in this country!

8. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    His family by any chance? You know, the people who have been airing their concern about the man's mental state and talked about how fragile he was on nearly every single news outlet in the UK?

Anyway, back on topic.

You are a chav if you think Hastings or Blackpool is exotic.

9. A-Null

A-Null Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2009
    You might be a chav if ... you wear gold from Elizabeth Duke, Argos

...if you buy flowers from a petrol station and think it is romantic!

10. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    I think the majority of the workforce of several major cider makers down this end of the country might not thank you for that.

The crucifixion of breweries and pubs in the UK right now is a huge topic of conversation and worry down in Cornwall... and then the Cider tax came along.

I mean, you wouldn't want these people becoming dole scum now would you?

*Le sigh*

11. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    We have 4 pubs in the High Street here, so the town would hardly be lost if a couple of them closed. Besides, one pub's loss is another pub's gain.

I'm all for strongly taxing booze, it's already so cheap that people can buy so much that they get plastered all the time. Havy drinking isn't exactly good for you, so it should be discouraged as much as possible.

Frankly I'm not sure Chavs know who to vote for, or infact who the PM is. If they knew the history of the government they probably wouldn't vote Conservative.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm against making responsible drinkers pay heavy taxes just because a minority can't behave where alcohol is involved. I'd rather see the offenders be fined or jailed if the offense is bad enough. Somebody buying a bottle or two of wine or spirits for consumption at home isn't in the same league as someone who goes to the pub, gets legless, and causes problems as a result.

13. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001

YOu might be a chav if your Christmas dinner comes from Iceland

14. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    You might be a chav if you go around trying to throw snowballs at people for a laugh and end up missing.

15. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Hey, just because they have a poor aim it doesn't make them a chav. :p

You might be a chav if you laugh at stories of 6 year old asylum seekers losing their legs in an attempt to get in a lorry to sneak into the country.[face_worried]

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    So today I learned that chavs are actually good for something:

Holonet News

(Someone linked to the issue in Lit and when I saw this I couldn't resist.)

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    I wouldn't want to eat chav. It wouldn't be properly washed :p

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'd think the steam-distilling that the recipe mentions would handle that. You'd have to make sure all the bling and studs were removed though as you'd crack a filling on that. :p

19. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    you might (or definitely) be a chav if you are living in a council house and own a 52" LCD TV, a 360, ps3 and Wii and can afford to run a Jaguar X type!

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Chavs never have good cars, they have no taste.

21. elbertino

elbertino Jedi Master star 3

Jun 2, 2006
    you might be a chav if elbertino :mad:[face_flag][face_devil][face_cowboy][face_cowboy][face_monkey]

22. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    elbertino!!! [:D] [face_love] :*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.