main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    ...from elsewhere:

All the way through there is a common thread between him and Natasha, of her suggesting girls for him to ask out and him turning them down. The whole Bucky is the only one I need bit, he actually says it "Even when I had nothing I had Bucky" Right before Bucky shows up the first time, this is the song playing - http://youtu.be/vJFf29jUnrs which has the lyrics - Kiss me once, then kiss me twice Then kiss me once again It's been a long, long time Haven't felt like this, my dear.

I think its hilarious, the undertones were always there in the comics as well.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Related:

[​IMG]

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

That's kinda the point of Phase III.

"Now what's everyone looking at?"

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yodaminch and The2ndQuest like this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    So is the canon of the "Agent Carter" one-shot to be stricken from the universe ala Star Wars Legends EU? Because the One-Shot Peggy goes to running SHIELD by the end of the short and I doubt the TV show will breeze over all of that. Does that make it the "Agent Carter" one shot non-essential to an MCU viewing? Even though we haven't seen a frame of the AC TV show, I would assume that it would base the show around the story arc of the "Carter" One Shot but not try to fit it into canon. Or maybe they'll reuse it and splice it into the season? Does that mean that Bradley Whitford will be back as her Jerk Boss? Whitford is awesome so totally do that!

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Last we've been told, AC Season 1 will be set prior to the AC One-Shot and the formation of SHIELD. It will eventually lead up to those events. When it was first announced they actually suggested the show might take place between most of the One-Shot and the final scene, but that's obviously changed now.

Also, in regards to today's news about BVS moving away from Cap 3, I believe if you look at Kevin Feige's house from space tonight, this is what you'll see:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No one cares, Al. No one cares.

8. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Hah, neat! And for the big season finale moment they can just reuse the one-shot ending! I hope that does mean they get Whitford, Trophy Wife was an ABC show that is also now cancelled so all I know is that my gut says Maybe.

To go way out there, I'd love if they had Zola (how the heck did he go from Allied prisoner to HYDRA conspiracy brain inside a computer?) in there and Winter Soldier as maybe crushing a few heads. Getting Toby Jones to be AC's big bad would be amazing and he is also similarly awesome. As for Winter Solider, you don't even need Sebatian Stan for it, just his stunt double. Dunno how the timelines all shake out for what these people are doing at that particular moment post WWII but I think it could be doable. (Carter, mourning Steve and in a dead end job. Zola, prisoner who starts working for the US. Bucky, frozen and recovered and...?)

In my head, Terry Crews is already cast as Luke Cage, dammit! Much like Whitford, he is also awesome in everything.

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    More Hayley Atwell talking about Agent Carter which not much info (aside from 8 eps = one single story structure and not much of a chance to start playing with the forumla) but, goddamnit, we can look at Hayley Atwell!

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Terry Tate Office Linebacker should play Luke Cage.

dp4m, BigAl6ft6 and Rogue1-and-a-half like this.
  11. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    and apparently, marvel is looking to do something with squirrel girl.

while i know it will probably amount to a guest spot on agents of shield or in the upcoming luke cage netflix series....after the quirkiness of guardians of the galaxy....i can't help but imagine a really wonderful, offbeat squirrel girl movie being released before dc does a snyderverse wonder woman movie.

i know kevin feige is trying to get ms. marvel/captain marvel in theaters sometime in the near future...and let's face it, carol danvers getting a movie before wonder woman would be kind of cool....

but if squirrel girl were to get a standalone before wonder woman (especially if marvel hires the right production and marketing team to ensure that squirrel girl is met with the same amount of critical and commercial love that the guardians are enjoying)..... that would be the most....bloody EPIC mic drop moment in the history of EVER.
    [​IMG]
    and like i said...i know it's not likely to happen....but imagining the possibility makes me feel a bit giddy. :D

12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Marvel Phase 3 revealed!

Ant-Man: Thanos beats the bejesus outta Ant Man
    Captain America 3: Thanos beats the bejesus outta the Falcon; Cap proceeds to broods heavily.
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2: Thanos beats the bejesus outta the Guardians and gets his infinity gems back
    Thor 3: Thanos beats the bejesus Odin / Loki and steals Natalie Portman from Thor to be his new girlfriend
    Avengers 3: Thanos beats the Bejesus outta the Avengers and gets his other infinity gems back
    Squirrel Girl: Thanos has his Infinity Gauntlet, proceeds to have bejesus beaten out of him by Squirrel Girl

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Are you Al Bundy?

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    If by "Are you Al Bundy" you mean "I just put Diggy on ignore so that I never have to see him again ever" then yes.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Brilliant. Now i can post whatever i wish about Big Fail.

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Not that I'd change my position regardless, but sometimes it's good to know you're not the only one. Thank you, dp4m.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Vin hinting at an Inhuman role.

The DH article speculates he'd be Black Bolt, but that's not a certainty. Though him playing a character that cannot speak would certainly balance out his speaking role in GOTG.

Jedi Merkurian , BigAl6ft6 and Mr44 like this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012

When Black Bolt finally speaks to blow stuff up he'll say "I am Groot!"

Darkslayer and dp4m like this.
  19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  21. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Oh hell yes

22. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Given the fact that Arnim Zola was handled to perfection in WS, if even half of that was put into MODOK, it would be great.

Although I completely disagree with one of the replies in the article. Although probably easier to use, like it or not, Crossbones would just come off as a bad Marvel version of Nolan's Bane.

23. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
  24. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Can see why he got cast as Loki. Such desperation.

25. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I think his face is too sensitive for Thor.

Also, when he's doing the hammer pose, he reminds me of Sammy Hagar.