main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, before this recent Civil War rumor, the main rumor was it would be set in the late 90's/early 00's so it could deal with a post-Soviet Russia setting, as well as things like Y2K. That would make her a teenager.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Maybe the reason they can turn around the Black Widow movie so quick cuz it's just her being bummed out in the Soul Stone world and chatting with random spectres. Just have to slap ScarJo on a green screen and paint in an orange sea later.

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  3. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    [​IMG]

Perhaps Rob Hardy being hired as cinematographer tells you something? not seen the last Mission Impossible film that he worked on but from the look of the trailers and stuff like Ex Machina and Annihilation I'd expect tasteful atmospheric realism.

Looks wise I spose you could argue part of the change is makeup, early on when the character was played as more of a femme fatal it was a lot heavier than we saw by the time of End Game.

Master_Lok and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    If you've never seen these guys and find VFX and CGI talk interesting, they have a pretty good channel for it:

VadersLaMent likes this.
  5. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Probably won't happen but I've said before I'd love it if Deadpools MCU adventures were basically contained entirely in the Deadpool 2 post-credit universe hopping when he stole Cable's time travel device. "Just cleaning up the timelines!" and then he can go back to his own Fox/Deadpool verse. (Where they don't bleep him)

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  7. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Roger Wardell's tweets come up in the InfinityWar/Endgame thread. The guy tweeted out quite a few pieces of specific information that were ultimately proven to be spot on. Here's his recent tweet about this in particular:

Also of note:

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  9. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Yes, please.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I don't think Inhumans will be part of Phase 4 as The Eternals will be one of the new featured franchises and with the X-Men and mutants returning to Marvel, the Inhumans (which were suppose to be substitutes for mutants) services are no longer needed at this point; not that the X-Men will debut within the next few years. The Inhumans may be introduced and spun out of a Fantastic Four film.

Yeah, I don't believe any rumors about Deadpool appearing in Spidey 3. Especially since their has been no official word about a Spidey 3 with Tom Holland. Although, I've been enjoying the memes of Tom Holland's Spidey teaming up with Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool.

Yeah, I been seeing buzz about Sony wanting Tom Hardy's Venom crossing over with Tom Holland's Spidey for awhile. It would make sense for Sony to want this as it would elevate Hardy's Venom and that universe. No real benefit for the MCU though in terms of Hardy's Venom which did not receive praise from the fanbase. Sony would have to give Feige and his team creative control of Venom to make worth while to have the character part of the MCU and crossover with Holland's Spidey. However, that would probably upset the fanbase too as many want Venom to be faithful to the comics where the symbiote bonded with Peter first and then Brock.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Venom could totally work in the MCU, even the movie ported over as is. There's a few lines about being shocked about space aliens existing but just wiggle the movie along the timeline before the Battle of New York or something. Besides, the big Uber-Venom plot is implied to be "Planet of the Symbiotes" and that doesn't seem something Eddie and Venom could handle alone, that's an Avengers problem.

Anyway, while I could buy Venom's origin without Spider-Man involved they could still do it, just the symbiote for some reason ends up with Peter for awhile thereby making Eddie more jealous and hateful of Parker. The only drawback there is Eddie is pretty much a nice guy, if somewhat dopey in Venom. Although there are some moments where he seems to be pretty morally grey in pursuit of a story (looking at his lady's emails for a scoop) and how he had a bad life before he went to San Fran. So the "bad reporter who takes shortcuts" is there. but mostly, if you wanted a really heavy Venom versus Spider-Man movie, it would probably be the symbiote that hates Peter more and Eddie rolls with it.

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  13. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Well Black Widow has formally entered production. Principle photography started in Norway yesterday.

14. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    There was rumor from a couple of weeks ago about BW being set between Civil War and Infinity War (pic from Norway, not during a shoot):

[​IMG]

That's definitely a wig. The length is a little longer than it was in CW, but the style is very similar to what it was in her Red Room flashback in AoU.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
  15. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Well they said they were fast-tracking this one ...

With Eternals scheduled to start it's filming in September, the next batch of MCU cookies will all be in the oven by year's end. Hopefully Marvel will be making up for skipping last year's SDCC with a big info dump at this year's.

solojones, BigAl6ft6, Ghost and 6 others like this.
  16. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    BossLogic wrapping up his Last Shawarma trilogy. There's a ton of little, easy to miss easter eggs in this last one:

Last edited: May 31, 2019
  17. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm very excited about this. I don't care if they wind up casting some unknowns. Having a chance for more Asian actors to get big roles is neat. They are so often left out and not talked about when we discuss POC in film.

18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah, they really are.

It's hard to believe it's been nearly 20 years now, but I think back to when Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon came out. Michelle Yeoh and Chow Yun-Fat were really the only two actors in it that had any sort of name recognition here in the states, in what was truly a full Asian cast. And so many of those performances were quite good. The film industry has grown so much in that part of the world since then. I hope a Marvel sized spotlight will reveal a rising star or two and maybe even give some opportunities to some veterans that end up making people wonder why they haven't seen more of them before now.

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Jedi Merkurian , MrZAP and Gamiel like this.
  19. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Speaking of which, weren't we discussing the Chinese government banning depictions of Chinese people as villains? How does that work in a film like Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon where everyone is Chinese?

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was is based on a Chinese novel and was co-produced with a China film company.

To have a strictly Hollywood production team producing a film that depicts a Chinese character as a villain doesn't have a good track history and could easily get banned by the Chinese government. I mean, it ain't the 1980's anymore and you can't have Chinese stereotypes in a Hollywood film, especially when China is the second largest market in the global box office. This just won't fly.

[​IMG]

I would suspect that Marvel Studios/Disney will work or at least consult with a China film company in producing Shang Chi, which I believe Disney is doing with their live action version of Mulan. Disney has announced several "unknown" actors that have been cast in their upcoming Mulan.

According to this ScreenRant article, casting has started:
    Therefore, I would expect casting announcements for Shang Chi no later than August at Disney's D23, and at the earliest in July at SDCC.

heels1785 likes this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I was really hoping for a zombie Black Widow film :(

22. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Even though The Ancient One from Doctor Strange isn't a villain, that may be why they made the character Celtic, and certainly changed Wong's character for the movies (to avoid the stereotype that his comic counterpart presented).

23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Well if they're objecting to stereotypes, that would be understandable. But if it's done for nationalist and political reasons, that's much more problematic.

24. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's done for political reasons to maximize profit. Basically, it's all about the money rather than sincere political motivations.

Doctor Strange's Erasure Of Tibet Is A Political Statement

Jedi Merkurian and Gamiel like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I still need to see those Iron Man 3 China cut scenes, buried away on the youtubes perhaps?