main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm actually glad that wasn't used. Simply "The Avenger Initiative" was enough of a "holy ****" while still being more of a slow-burn than teasing Spider-Man, The Hulk, and X-Men all at once...

2. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    They hide this from us? :mad:

It's great. O:) ''Whatever the hell we want''

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  3. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Well it will be in the Infinity Saga boxed set.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Lord of the Rings’ Aragorn actor Viggo Mortensen is being eyed to play Doctor Doom for Marvel

5. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_love]
    Now this must happen...(Because we are not getting Eastern Promises Pt II, then I must have Viggo as Victor Von Doom dammit).

Viggo would be such an intense, powerful and majestic Doom. Plus, I think he would have all kinds of fun with the role. Yes, he was fabbo as Aragorn, but as he proved with his 10 minutes of awesomeness as Satan, the man can be amazingly wicked too.

Just the thought of his Doom versus Cumberbun’s Strange is making my fannish synapses explode into the multiverse.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm only seeing it in all of the places people tell me not to believe out of hand so far... :p (but this would be pretty good casting)

7. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    The original source on this one is Mikey Sutton. Some of the more dubious sites have just picked up on it are repeating it. The guy has a largely reliable track record but he does try to parlay some things he's gotten wrong into I-told-ya-so's. Like claiming he broke the Disney purchase of Fox months before the stories began running later that same year (when in fact he claimed Marvel and Fox would collaborate on some X-Men movies a la Spider-Man, which is certainly not what went down). Of late he seems to be throwing a lot of stuff against the wall and seeing what sticks. Maybe he's looking to cash in his credibility and take up a professional scooper gig.

8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Still, it wouldn't surprise me if there was at least some truth to the rumor. If Marvel Studios is going to do yet another F4 reboot - this one in the MCU - after the way the last one crashed and burned at the box office, hiring a 'name' actor to play Doom would at least be a positive step in that direction.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Wonder if this will mean that Reed Richard will be played by an actor around the same age as Viggo Mortensen?

10. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Or at least a decade or two older than his last movie appearance (no offense to Miles Teller)

PCCViking likes this.
  11. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Trying to think who would make a good Reed Richard.

Juliet316 likes this.
  12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    That is going to be the trick isn't it?

PCCViking likes this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Christoph Waltz maybe? He is only two year older than Viggo Mortensen and his language skills is perfect to represent Reed's multi-talented scientist archetype and he can absolutely talk like an academic.

PCCViking likes this.
  14. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Timothy Olyphant
    But he doesn't have many noms/awards accolades that Feige like.
    Ryan Gosling ( few weeks ago people were linking him to the Silver Surfer) could be a choice.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    And he needs more "good guy" roles to balance his villainous roles. :p

Juliet316 and Gamiel like this.
  16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    RDJ is going to back in Black Widow?

17. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    That was mentioned in a Hollywood Reporter (or maybe Variety, I forget) piece a day or so ago.

As for casting Doom I think one key question is, once he goes under the mask, does he stay there? If so Vadering the role can be considered. Casting a great voice actor probably opens up the list of potentials. Age would be less of a limiting consideration at any rate. Provided they don't intend to see thru HUD like they did with RDJ when Tony was in the suit.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Viggo would be excellent as Doom.

Jon Hamm for Reed.
    Yvonne Strahovski for Sue.
    Brendan Fraser for Ben.
    Scott Eastwood for Johnny.

19. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    If it's between Civil War and Infinity War, my guess is it would be at best, a flashback to Widow's last scene in Civil War with Tony right after she double crossed Black Panther to help Steve and Bucky escape.

PCCViking likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    If they are redoing FF's origin story, again, do I hope they use the Heroes Reborn's FF origin as inspiration, it would fit with the tech we have now and those privet space programs that exists, + it would give a good reason to why all four of them are on-board the spaceship.

And it would give Susan something to do that's the other people can't.

21. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    I hope they do what they did with Spider-Man: have them already with their powers. We don't need a third origin story.

22. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    Even before recent story in the trades, I had seen some speculation that Tony's line to Nat ("they're coming for you") would get an additional wrinkle thrown into it thru her movie with "they" meaning more than just Ross.

PCCViking likes this.
  23. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    What would be interesting to see is if General Ross survived the Snap, what he did to Captain America and co. during the 5 years between IW and Endgame. Even with the chaos resulting from the Snap, I would think Ross would have brought some consequences against Rogers, Rhodey and Natasha.

24. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I'm gonna guess that prosecuting anyone under the Sokovia Accords is going to have gone out the window with Infinity War. Though Ross may certainly hold past offenses as strikes against those individuals in his estimations going forward.

Juliet316 and PCCViking like this.
  25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, I saw those Skrull rumors pop up on Twitter. Do.Not.Want. Would make everything more convoluted than it needs to be.

Maybe Ross and the Accords are issues that are dealt with in Falcon and the Winter Soldier.