main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Going modern will let them show off S.W.O.R.D. as well. We know WandaVision is going to start the roll out of that (which may be another reason why they brought in the writer that they did). Some of the Shang-Chi rumors suggest it will have at least some small nods to it also.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah the fact that Fury is hangin' out in space with Skrulls seems like something that would be natural in a modern day Captain Marvel Two follow up as opposed to doing another flashback movie.

Interesting side note in the article that the original directors may get a Disney+ show, maybe they want to do something with Monica's mom that would be a flashback show set after Captain Marvel but before Iron Man since the grand MCU narrative seems to be sweeping past that time period. Total guess, though. Unless they're doing a Monica show about her. Bring on Proton!

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Interesting, but knowing that Clint is actually okay with his house arrest (Being retired with his family and doing everything he can not to blow it), I find his Ronin arc makes more sense.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Glad to hear progress on Captain Marvel 2. I would prefer the title just be that and no subtitle like the Iron Man films so I can easily know the order of the film without thinking about it LOL. Also, I'm looking forward to a new director for Captain Marvel. Since Goose is probably dead for Captain Marvel 2, not sure the life span of a Flerken, perhaps we can get Chewie. I really was hoping that Carol had a cat/Flerken of her own, and I want Chewie to be it. Chewie is Carol's "Baby Yoda."

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    Master_Lok likes this.
  5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    There for another Flerken indeed.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It would have been amazing if during Endgame that Carol saw a "missing" photo of Goose instead of Nick Fury and was devastated. It would also make sense if Carol was looking at a missing photo of either Maria or Monica Rambeau, but I understand the Russo Brothers was too busy working on Infinity War and Endgame to know Carol's earthly connections.

BigAl6ft6 and Master_Lok like this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Misc Marvel rumors & news.

First up, Bleeding Cool says two more TV series are in the works for Disney+, one is based on the “Secret Invasion” comic storyline and the other deals with an “A-List character from the MCU”.

Next, The Illuminerdi says a casting call has reportedly gone out for a Hispanic teenage girl role which will serve as a sidekick of sorts to Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sorcerer Supreme in “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness”. This has led to speculation that Miss America Chavez will debut in the property.

“Star Trek” alum Rosalind Chao is rumored to have joined Destin Daniel Cretton’s film “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings”. She is rumored to be playing the mother of Awkwafina’s mysterious character.

Beau DeMayo (“The Witcher”) has signed on to join the creative team of the Disney+ upcoming MCU series “Moon Knight”. He’ll work under Jeremy Slater (“The Umbrella Academy”) who is leading the writing team.

Noah Mills (“The Enemy Within,” “2 Broke Girls”) has joined the cast of the “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” series in an unknown role at this time.
    Finally, Kumail Nanjiani tells EW that the upcoming “Eternals” is: “really, really an epic. And it’s really such a science-fiction story. It’s a superhero story, but in some ways, it’s the most sci-fi of all the Marvel movies… and the story spans thousands of years. So it’s really not like any of the other Marvel movies… it doesn’t look like any of the other Marvel movies.”
    EDIT- More news: Howard the Duck and Dazzler aninated shows are dead, as is likely The Offenders cross-over. MODOK and Hit-Monkey are still moving forward.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  8. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    "Well it looks like I'm flyin' solo on this mission. Whaddya think kid? Hmm ... you wanna go with me ... be my Chewbacca? Be my Chewie? Yeah? Chewie it is then."

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    tsk, so much for two of the animated shows and a crossover. I also read somewhere that Marvel TV is being renammed Marvel Television Studios which we may see the banner on Agents of SHIELD's final season, the two animated and Hellstorm (maybe, if Hellstorm happens. I'm putting 30% chance it happening though.). I hope when Marvel Studios proper starts banging out TV content on a regular basis, they bring back some of the TV show casting, like Matt Murdock or the Runaways or Cloak and Dagger, I thought they nailed it.

10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Glad to be completely out of the loop with the Moon Knight writing team. I am sure it will be good.

Ditto, Shang-Chi.

So will the Eternals borrow from Hickman's S.H.I.E.L.D. (Span of thousands of years, Celestials etc.)?

11. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I don't know if it will borrow from that run but Feige has said it'll span over thousands of years. The sets include ancient Babylon and Mayan temples. And there have been Celestials in some of the concept art so I'm thinking we'll see them to.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    From Collider:

Paul Bettany Says ‘WandaVision’ Is “So Bonkers” & “Really Risky”
    BY ALLIE GEMMILL JANUARY 27, 2020

While at the 2020 Sundance Film Festival, Paul Bettany was able to open up a bit about his upcoming Disney+ series WandaVision during a group interview with Collider for his new film Uncle Frank. Although the MCU star couldn’t give away too many specific details about the series, he did drop some enigmatic hints about the nature of the series, including Marvel head Kevin Feige‘s vision for the show and the writing, as well as what it was like on set.

During Collider’s chat with Bettany and the Uncle Frank team, Collider’s own Steven Weintraub asked whether the WandaVision star could talk about the series and possibly reveal any new details. Bettany began his reply with, “I can, of course, talk obliquely about it,” before continuing,

[​IMG]
    Image via Marvel

“I so admire Kevin Feige and the courage that he has. The decision that he’s made with this show is so bonkers, quite frankly, and really risky and really new and unlike anything [Marvel Studios has] ever done. It has been — I’m going to speak for [Elizabeth Olsen]; I guess she wouldn’t mind — is it’s been one of the highlights of my career, making this show. I don’t know how it’s gonna come out but it’s been so much fun to make. The writing is just extraordinary. I mean, Jac Schaeffer is the head writer on [WandaVision] and she’s just been brilliant. It’s the happiest set I’ve ever been on.”

We also asked Bettany what it was like working on a Marvel series with such a prominent 1950s sitcom feel to it — something we haven’t seen before in the MCU. To this, Bettany joked, “I realize that I’ve wasted my entire life and all I want to do is be in sitcoms,” before continuing, “Fans are not gonna have to wait very long to get a much bigger insight into what the show is gonna look and feel like. I can’t say much more about that, but something will be happening very soon.”

[​IMG]
    Image via Marvel

When asked if this new look at WandaVision would happen, say, during a huge event like Super Bowl LIV which is set to air on Sunday, February 2, Bettany demurred: “I couldn’t possibly say.”

WandaVision is one of two Marvel original shows set to arrive in 2020 in addition to The Falcon and the Winter Solider. Bettany will play Vision and Elizabeth Olsen will return as Wanda Maximoff, a.k.a. Scarlett Witch. WandaVision also features returning MCU supporting actors Randall Park (Ant-Man and the Wasp) and Kat Dennings (Thor), as Agent Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis, respectively. The series will also introduce Monica Rambeau, played by Teyonah Parris, and a yet-to-be-named character played by Kathryn Hahn.

You can watch Bettany tell us all he can about WandaVision during our Sundance 2020 chat below. WandaVision is set to debut on Disney+ in 2020. For more, check out our round-up of every movie and TV show coming to Disney+ and check out the 40 TV shows we can’t wait for in 2020.

Also, they are saying Falcon & Winter Soldier will air in August.

14. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Considering what the Scarlet Witch does in the comics, and some of the characters that will be appearing, and everyone saying how weird and crazy it is, I think I can guess what the show will be about.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    So will it be "No More Mutants" Or "No More Humans"?

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Anyone read Tom King's Vision?

I suspect it will be similar to that with Wanda in the role of the wife. It sounds like it's inspired from a lot of different things. Still, really hope the rumors about
    Billy and Tommy

are true.

The2ndQuest and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    yah I just realized that now when mentioned but I had said Tom King's Vision would make a great series but yah this could totally be the Vision comic (which is awesome, 12 issues go read now) and they just sort of slotted in Wanda. On the surface it does have the Nuclear Family setup too. So maybe it's less about some big MCU reality bending thing ala House of M than it's the Vision comic sort of loosely adapted (Which is what MCU adaptations usually are anyway)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  18. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    I wouldn't expect going to the House just yet.

Some of the rumors are that it mimics an assortment of 50's/60's television shows, changing from episode to episode as to which one it's emulating. They even did some filming in front of a studio audience for some of them apparently. I think that's why Bettany had so much fun with it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I wonder if we will see an appearance of Glamor and Illusion?

20. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    MCU's Dolly Parton Challenge.

[​IMG]

Obviously, Tony's wins in the spoiler below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Darkslayer, Sarge, Alpha-Red and 7 others like this.
  21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I liked Quill's shirtless scene from Guardians Vol. 1 more personally.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Aside from Tony's, Natasha's is my favorite.

Sarge and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The frumpy looking side-eye in the Nat "Facebook" photo is great.

Seriously, though, if Black Widow makes a billion dollars (which it may) I don't think we won't get a Black Widow sequel, maybe she just had an exceptionally busy time between Civil War and Infinity War. Although I get the feeling we'll get sort of a sequel/prequel with Yelena as Black Widow with Nat flashbacks. 3rd Black Widow movie is finally what we all want to see, just Nat chilling in that Soul Stone space void.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    There's also that five - year period between Infinity War and Endgame to explore as well.

Darkslayer, PCCViking and Gamiel like this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    true but it seems like she spent five years doing laundry, sleeping on the couch, making PB&J sandwhiches and letting her hair grow out. I'd love to see some Blip-era MCU stories from elsewhere but the Avengers, like, actively doing anything superheroic (aside from insane Hawkeye/Ronin flashbacks) I feel goes against the point of that gap.

Jedi Merkurian and Gamiel like this.