main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I had extra vacation days to use and I burned them on the first weekend of Nov '20 when it was supposed to come out. dangit. Knew I should have used it on the Bond weekend. Main reason I dropped 35 bucks on Mulan was I hope it would have worked to get Black Widow on there, ah well.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Take it to fun and games.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Having this extra year off will probably end up being beneficial for the overall MCU franchise. Just having a low-key year with BW & Eternals was probably still too much right after EG/FFH. Letting the TV shows carry the baton for that period lets demand for the films build up more- and, now, they're hitting in the range where one could hopefully expect some degree of reduction in the pandemic.

Even more appropriate that they've basically slotted BW and Eternals back to the release slots they originally had, just one year later- which will work to Eternals' favor. And Chang-Chi now has a spotlight July release vs the more experimental Feb/Mar release.

Oh, that's cool that they're finally starting to make those available somewhere else.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Yodaminch and Princess_Tina like this.
  4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    the question is will people go back to the theater like they did before. movies that weren't blockbusters were already having a tough time for many years now.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm honestly 50/50 on the random rumours I keep seeing that Falcon and Winter Solider will somehow spoil Black Widow, hell, that's a flexible concept as there's been a lot of comics I've read where random XYZ character or plot point happens in a different comic and you just roll with it or go back and pick up that comic.

Unless Nat is like totally alive at the end of Black Widow and the real title of the show is Falcon and Winter Solider and Black Widow. That would be sort of a spoiler.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The spoiler is that Bucky is the new Black Widow.

Kinda unexpected, but his ass looks great in the catsuit.

7. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    They wanted that original Feb. release to coincide with the Chinese New Year. But maybe Mulan has taught Disney not to pin too much of their plans on the Chinese market with their Asian-themed fare.

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    And he can still wear a bikini as far as we know...

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Falcon and the Winter Soldier will likely premiere after Black Widow anyway. It’s already been officially delayed until 2021.

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    It might but I'm not sure if I would go so far as to say likely. Don't take for granted that Black Widow will make that May '21 date. I wouldn't be shocked to see it pushed again.

11. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Unless they have a bunch of Loki done, then Falcon and Winter solider seems pretty definite after Wandavision

12. Bilbo Fett

Apr 19, 2017
    F&WS is certainly further along in production than Loki. It was supposed to be released already and Loki was never supposed to be out before 2021 anyway. It getting released before Black WIdow may depend on how connected it is narratively to BW (and can it be decoupled from it, still being in production) and what the Disney+ subscription numbers are looking like in the first quarter of next year. That will be approaching the 1 year mark of the service's release in some international markets and Disney may be desperate for new content to convince people to re-up their subscriptions.

13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    America AND Russia’s @$$.:p

Figured Falcon and Winter Soldier would be delayed. Okay, no D+ for me then until more series I want see are in the can.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
  14. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I think the problem, in the end, is that the Black Widow's movie plot/conclusion leads directly to the events of Falcon and Winter Soldier series. That's probably why they have to wait BW release to air the TV show.

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I wonder if all this COVID stuff means that we'll see the What If...? series release date pushed up in order to fill the proverbial gap in content, given that it's animated.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think the overseas location filming is the main issue with the travel restrictions and such. They already had to delay and relocate/reschedule once or twice before the pandemic hit.

darthcaedus1138 and Juliet316 like this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  18. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Cool to see Sam Jackson is sticking around.

19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

(edit: actually hilarious how dramatic that delivery is in context. he must be really ticked at Goose after all those years)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
  20. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Now, what are the chances that some Agents of SHIELD characters could cameo?

Seems like if he's in space at all, connecting with Daisy might be possible. I'm sure Clark Gregg would be willing to pop in if asked- and Fury last knew him as alive anyway...

Would be cool if they got Neal McDonough back for Dum Dum Dugan. And of course Maria Hill.

21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well that's very cool, though every Infinity War character seems to be setting up a new group of heroes nowadays.

22. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I’d be surprised if anyone who wasn’t a movie character from AoS showed up.

23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It'd be great, because AoS left Clark Gregg in a pretty good position to reprise his role was Coulson without extensive de-aging CGI. Honestly, "I'm a robot now" is basically all it needs.

Someone on the SW TV boards said there was a rumour about Samuel L Jackson Mace Windu Disney Plus show in development with a younger flashback Mace Windu but honestly I think they just got their rumour wires messed up. But since Captain Marvel established 90s era SLJ is Nick Fury it'd be weird if they recast for flashbacks.

Alpha-Red and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope they introduce Abigail Brand. This could also be a good place to start introducing some future X-Men like Hank McCoy.

BigAl6ft6 and Yodaminch like this.
  25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Also noticed a writer who says he wrote a pilot for a Mockingbird series- and it wasn't Most Wanted.

(tagged tweet below due to tweet-quoted LANGUAGE (WARNING), but it contains a brief excerpt from said script)