main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    I'm seeing a lot of reports online that Tatiana Maslany WON'T play SheHulk/Jessica Walters

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Which all seem to be from one article in which she herself says she is not cast. As ITKs go, that’s quite solid.

3. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Wonder what happened. The show runners, Mark Ruffalo and lots of the other people congratulated her publicly because of the role. Most of the traders had it as done deal.
    Curious.

4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It’s probably a case of her just playing things close to the vest since it hasn’t been officially confirmed yet and she can’t talk about it. I’m sure she still has the role.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Anyway here's her quote from a Canadian Press interview. Not a 100% denial but sounds less confirmed than usual "I can't talk about it!" wink wink nudge nudge non-denial (Maybe contract bidness?)

The Regina, Sask.-born actress insists there's no substance to swirling rumours that she's signed to star as Jennifer Walters in the upcoming Disney Plus project, despite reports in a number of industry trades last month.

"It's funny to even acknowledge it because it isn't actually anything," Maslany explained in a phone interview.

"Yeah, like I've been auditioning for stuff. I've auditioned for these kinds of things for years now, but it's usually not like a press thing, you know what I mean?"

"It's always cool, but it's so bizarre. I would love to but..." she added, trailing off.

The star of "Orphan Black" and "Perry Mason" said while she's auditioned for many roles like "She-Hulk," it's not the first time she's been linked to a blockbuster franchise without actually being cast.

Reports once surfaced that she was starring as Sarah Connor in 2015 action film "Terminator Genisys," even though the part went to Emilia Clarke from "Game of Thrones."

"Literally, 'Terminator,' I don't think I even auditioned for it," she said.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    She’s way too young to play Clea. Isn’t Clea a love interest of Doctor Strange?

Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Maybe she's a younger version from an alternate universe?

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    She was but maybe MCU Clea will be Doc's apprentice instead of partner. I mean they did something very different with Hank, Janet and Hope compared to their 616 and MC2 counterparts.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. TheChosenAlpha

TheChosenAlpha Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 15, 2020
    I saw some people speculating on reddit that it could be America Chavez. (She can open holes in reality, and it would be another recruit for the young avengers that the MCU seems to be leading upto).

11. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That’s a very good guess.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Miles Morales' sister?

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    She's bit old for that, unless they make his sis older, or maybe his whole family older... maybe we will see a fully grown up Miles that is a veteran hero?

14. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yes it it. America Chavez has been speculated/rumored to be coming to the MCU for some time now. A few of those rumors have involved MoM.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Master_Lok and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Jedi Merkurian and Master_Lok like this.
  16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  17. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I got the name wrong. It's Zelma. Still, if not America, she's definitely a possible option. It's been a long time since Clea seems to have been used so they may want to move away from her.

18. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, but bringing back a character like that feels like exactly the kind of thing Marvel Studios would do. I mean, how much was Everett Ross being used since the Christopher Priest run on Black Panther, and we got him in both Civil War and Black Panther, with a return planned for BP 2.

Yodaminch, Gamiel and Juliet316 like this.
  19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Zelma Stanton?

[​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I admit to having no idea who she is beside what have been mentioned here.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  21. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Zelma was introduced in Jason Aaron’s Doctor Strange run. She became his librarian.

Gamiel likes this.
  22. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What the Sith is New-Gen? Is it something I have seen but not remeber the name of *looks it up* nope, never heard of it.

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wow, lots of news in the last few pages. The new Spider-Man film sounds nuts in a good way. The last two, especially FFH were pretty great, so I'm very excited. Just, hopefully we get this in the next 5 years or so.

25. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017