main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [​IMG]

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This was like the best post-credit scene ever. I laughed my ass off at it. :p

3. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The reviews don’t say that at all, and is yout spoiler based on anything at all?

and, if you want to binge the entire thing, wait a few weeks to watch it and do so.

But apart from that, excellent post. It was o my the words that made it ****.

4. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Apparently they're 30ish minutes each including credits. Which would closely match up to the 22 -23 minute structure of old network television and it's allowances for commercials

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    hahah, sweet I'm hoping for ad breaks. Hell, I'm hoping for actual ads for in-universe MCU stuff!

Definitely I can see some people tomorrow going all like "what the hell old black and white sitcom with Wanda and Vision did I just watch?" (apparently they shot with an actual in-studio audience!) and maybe like 10% MCU larger universe outside bleeding in. I think Bettany said as much that it'll slow burn to that point. Vaguely feel like the final episode will be longer and explode-y-er.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  6. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah Feige has said the later episodes in the series are longer. Closer to 40 minutes each.

[face_whistling]

7. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Huh. Guess it was a Fake News kinda day yesterday.

Juliet316 likes this.
  8. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Lately it seems Marvel is asking people to flat out lie about their contracts.
    Remember Tatiana Maslany denying being She Hulk.
    Also Oscar Isaac and Hallie Stenfeld denied any involvment with MCU saying they had schedule problems.

Juliet316, wobbits and heels1785 like this.
  9. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    It'd still be fake news one way or another then. :confused:

Juliet316 and nilzo antonio like this.
  10. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Steinfeld may not have been lying as she was (probably is) still tied to the Apple+ series she's been doing.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Will he be Jack Russell? Since Moon Knights first apperance was as an enemy to Werewolf by Night!

Master_Lok likes this.
  13. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Oooooh!

Nice. I hope they rethink Bushman. I hope he doesn’t play that Ra acolyte character from the last run.

I am open to changes with Moon Knight’s origin.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Marvel Studios logo got a rejig for Wandavision, check out some Endgame-centric clips throughout the letters/columns (I saw the crew jumping through time and Capt catching Thor's hammer). I do love the Marvel Studios intro but man that's gonna be a long wait since it's the full length at the start of each episode. Was hoping they'd go back to a flipbook slightly quicker one for the TeeVee shows. Ah well, still looks great!

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Stark-snap is in there too.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I assumed it was, seems like a big moment to include, saw the intro twice but couldn't find it.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    And I think they also swapped out iron Man for War Machine in the initial illustration character flourish before the logo letters emerge.

Funny that the Phase Four studios logo might now actually be the only theoretical thing preventing Black Widow and Captain Marvel 2 from sliding into a proper chronological order (though the images are small and quick enough that they might not spoil anything).

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Feige says they're leaning into real-world parallels of The Blip.

He says he was wary of constant references to The Blip that had no meaning, like all the references to The Battle of New York after Avengers, and was going to just move on forward and not lean on that. However, the direct parallels between The Blip and the lockdowns and delays caused by the Covid-19 pandemic has changed that:

"When reality plunged into a global pandemic early last year, Feige said, "We started to go, 'Holy mackerel. The Blip, this universal experience that affected every human on Earth, now has a direct parallel between what people who live in the MCU have encountered and what all of us in the real world have encountered.'"

"It is quite interesting, as you will see in a number of our upcoming projects, the parallels where it will very much seem like people are talking about the Covid pandemic. Within the context of the MCU, they're talking about The Blip, but it really revitalized that notion in a way that made it substantive,"
    Feige said. "My nervousness was just it being, 'Oh, an event that we reference constantly between things.' I wanted it to have more meaning behind it. And if that meant leaving it behind and coming up with new things, and that was it — of course we always come up new things, as well from the comics — but the real-world connotations are shockingly, and somewhat depressingly, relevant now between our worlds.""

19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I like the casting of Hawke. More so that Hawke is a seasoned actor and once kind of took a slight snub at them a few years ago. So, hopefully this means Moon Knight has a wonderful artistic script to it.

I've been watching YouTube reviews and speculation of the first couple of episodes of Wandavision and it's going to be interesting if the series setups Spider-Man 3: Home for Holidays and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and how much it impacts the MCU as a whole, if anything. It would be the first time I could think of that a non-theatrical piece of media effected its cinematic counterparts.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    They've been stressing that for a while. Key difference being that all the Disney+ shows are produced straight by Marvel Studios, unlike all the other shows. AOS, Daredevil, etc, were treated as side projects, WandaVision, Loki et al are being treated as equal to all the movies.

Rew and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  21. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Well, if I recall correctly, Agents of SHIELD was suppose to be directly connected to the MCU as it was marketed as such. I remember that an episode of AoS showed that Coulson had salvaged an older helicarrier, which was the deus ex machina in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

But, I have not been stressed about it. I'm thrilled about the Disney+ series being made by Marvel Studios and directly tie into the larger MCU. It really is bring the comic books in to real life, so to speak. Moreover, with the Disney+ Marvel series under the watchful eye of Kevin Feige, there will be high standard of quality and care put into the series.

And it would appear that WB/DCEU will be following Marvel's lead in this regard. Additionally, the Disney+ Star Wars live action series appear to be adapting some of the MCU's blue print with setting up spin off shows and then find their way back together for an Avengers like team up. Hopefully, it's not like Netflix's Marvel series, The Defenders.

22. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I think with Wanda is showing up in Multiverse of Madness, it's plausible that this is the initial "hey! Multiverse!" setup, aside from the line in Doc Strange and Endgame which never quite said "multiverse" but totally pointed towards it. I think the best way to view Marvel Studios shows is like before the big crossover event, they set up pieces of lore and storylines in monthly books until the event book. Agents of SHIELD sort of fulfilled that function especially the early seasons but those were more working off setups from the movies, this will be more like movies working off setups from the TV series.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  23. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So about returning actor in Thor: Love and Thunder

Matt Damon!

And apparently he's there for "months". Which implies it's a bigger role than Ragnarok. So will his player Asgardian be tagging along for no apparent reason? AV Club theorizes he was actually Matt Damon playing Matt Damon the actor in Ragnarok, which could be interesting on a meta level if in Love and Thunder he's playing Matt Damon actor, not an Asgardian but actually himself, in the MCU who gets caught up in space god adventures. Maybe he took the bit in Loki's play because Loki thought only Matt Damon could play himself.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    AOS almost certainly was aiming for that "AOS is the ongoing monthly issues, films are the crossover miniseries" dynamic" (while the other non-ABC Marvel TV projects were like one-off MAX miniseries or maxiseries). I think now they're more like two regular ongoings that directly crossover over with one another (ie: "See the conclusion to this month's Deadpool in Thunderbolts #27!").

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Huh so the MCU now is a constant crossover event, y'know the ones that continue across monthly books (X-Men books were very guilty of this, or Maximum Carnage which was single multi-part story across a whole series) as opposed monthlies and event crossover books. (I have so many issues of random comics which is like Part 3 of a 8 part series! that I never got the other other ones cuz they were in books I didn't read) Much like the crossover inside the monthly books, you could be picking up series you wouldn't usually get.

Still even if people only pick up certain series and movies, Marvel Studios stuff usually has an "introductory" scene of someone who hasn't popped up in that series before. the Russo Brothers movies were pretty good at filling the audience in as to what this person does if only by a scene demonstrating their powerset.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Rew and Juliet316 like this.