main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Shuma has appeared in multiple Marvel fighting games- that gives him an edge over thousands of other obscure characters. Hell, that was the only place anyone really knew Rocket from before GOTG1.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    =D=

Oh to annihilate my enemies or myself by flinging barbed duplicates of my eyes at them! :D

The2ndQuest likes this.
  3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    I'm hoping they go more of the Infinity War route. I like kung-fu, but I prefer Dr. Strange actually hurling spells instead of doing a bunch of chop-sockey. maybe elements of both?

4. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I just hope Strange actually starts reciting incantations with his spells moving forward. "By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth!" I'd also like to start seeing a bit more variety in the look of his spells, rather than just the orange runes (or green, when aided by the Time Stone).

Doctor Strange is probably the comic character I've read the most of. I'm absolutely enamored by the character, and enjoyed the way Scott Derrickson brought him to life in his first iteration, but I want to see things start to get even (pardon the pun) stranger with him moving forward. I'll be so bummed out if the titular "Multiverse of Madness" element of the film skews more towards a Spider-Verse/Flashpoint type string of alternate realities instead of more crazy, horrific dimensions beyond average human perception. The Dark Dimension was great, but that's just tip of the iceberg now. Bring on more abstract Ditko vistas, please. And some cooky Raimi shenanigans along with it.

[​IMG]

And Shuma-Gorath, please.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I definitely want to see and hear Strange cast more spells (His prowess on Titan was sooooooo cool.) I’d love to see what Sam does with that. Am also curious in how Sam will use sound to enhance the visuals. :)

6. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    [​IMG]

Me as well

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I agree and would lump both into the general "previous depictions to stay consistent with" category.

Master_Lok and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  8. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013

This is hilarious!

I would also like to add, I do hope that the real script is also littered with words like "Kaleidoscopic" and "Eldritch." I want them to really push the limits of just how weird this thing can be.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    Juliet316 , BigAl6ft6, Sarge and 3 others like this.
  9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm sure it's an April Fool's joke.

10. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Well yeah, it's just a fun April Fools Evil Dead gag given the Raimi connection.

I'm just saying that I hope the real script is similar in language, in that it is willing to go far into the psychedelic, "Kaleidoscopic" elements of what makes Doctor Strange so cool in the comics.

Fill the movie to the brim with sensory-overloading visuals like these, full force Ditko (with wacky Evil Dead-style camerawork, too!), please:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Bruce Campbell is such a troll sometimes that I can't tell if that's an April Fool's joke or if that's the real one and he posted that knowing everybody would think it was an April Fool's prank.

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Oh that would be fun. I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce’s character says the Klatuu incantation wrong (and the irony of the Klatuu incantation is that it’s a command from The Day The Earth Stood Still... Scott Derrickson directed that remake. So Bruce saying that would be a cute wink at Army of Darkness, TDTESS and Scott.) And Bruce was trolling decades ago :p (His trolling of me at a con is still one of the best and the funniest celebrity memory I have.)

I do expect Strange to wind up in weird places throughout the multiverse. [face_party]I would [face_laugh] if Bruce was Eternity though (It’s perfect, but I’d expect something wacky from his perf.)

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  14. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    I'm wondering if we'll see any connection to the Ten Rings from Iron Man or if they'll be a follow up to the short "Hail to the King," where the fake Mandarin is captured by a Ten Rings member and told about the real Mandarin.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think they have to address both. There was even a Ten Rings connection as recent as Ant-Man so that gives them more breadcrumbs to pick-up.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ^ that and with watching Godzilla vs. King Kong last night, which features Rebecca Hall, who played the jilted one-night-stand/brilliant scientist Maya Hansen in Iron Man 3, I am reminded that she was initially cast to be Killian/Mandarin as it was written in the early drafts of Shane Black's script as noted in this Collider.com September 4, 2016 article:

Rebecca Hall Confirms Her 'Iron Man 3’ Role Was Originally Much More Substantial:

* It was reported in a 2017 Vanity Fair article that Ike Perlmutter scaled back the manufacturing of Black Widow toys,
    ** In a March 2020 Collider article, 'Iron Man 3': Rebecca Hall Reveals New Details on the Original Version of Her Character,

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "We're not saying it was Ike, but it was definitely Ike..."

18. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    That would have been good. A double twist. Feels like that’s what missing in the movie for me.

Mandarin would be a complete fakeout and Killian would have been partly a front / puppet for Maya. But they’d also be partners, with the other bringing something to the team up the other didn’t have. It would build on Iron Man 2 having duel villains that work as foils to the two side of Tony Stark’s personality. The larger than life right showman in Justin Hammer and the tech genius in Whiplash.

Maya and Killian could have been foils to the Pepper Potts and Tony relationship. And the ending would have had an extra element in the conclusion.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, there is one person at Disney that definitely could say it was Ike, which is the CEO, Bob Iger.

In 2019, Bob Iger's autobiography The Ride of A Lifetime, Iger flat out says, "I called [Marvel chairman] Ike [Perlmutter] and told him to tell his team to stop putting up roadblocks and ordered that we put both 'Black Panther' and 'Captain Marvel' into production," as noted in this 2019 Business Insider article.

Side note, Bleeding Cool also broke the story six years ago from the Sony Wikileaks files, that Perlmutter sent e-mails to Sony's Michael Lynton pointing out the poor performance of superhero movies with women leads.
    Ike clearly has no idea why those movies failed.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    So we have Perlmutter to thank for why DC/WB beat Marvel/Disney to the punch in putting up a Billion dollar blockbuster helmed by a female Superhero (Wonder Woman), when if it weren't for him, we could have had Black Widow and Captain Marvel years before we actually got them.

Thanks, Ike. /sarcasm.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, no, I'm sure he did. He was just more than happy to use them to support his argument anyways.

22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    As I'm sure most studio heads did before Wonder Woman blasted all those arguments out of the water.

Sarge and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ I can wait 6-7 more months to see.

Jedi Ben likes this.