main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "You think you're the only superhero in the world?" - The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Discussion in 'Community' started by The2ndQuest , Apr 26, 2010.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Special shoutout to the insanely cool Reapers in Guillermo del Toro's Blade 2. :cool:

[​IMG]

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    My gosh you hit the nail on the head and described my issues with the twist almost perfectly. I still enjoyed the movie (Ben Kingsley was still the highlight in spite of everything) but it goes downhill so fast after the reveal. I thought the first half was the best stuff we got in ANY of the Iron Man films. And there was good stuff after too. But the Killian thing really drained my excitement.

My gosh I hope they can convince RDJ to come back and battle the real Mandarin in a Black Widow-style prequel. It’s like Batman never fighting OR meeting Joker in a whole cinematic universe. That’s why it’s my least favorite MCU film.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Iron Man 3 is one of very few MCU movies that actually really works for me first and foremost as a good movie in its own right, rather than only functioning as a piece of the ongoing MCU tapestry, along with the first Iron Man, the Guardians of the Galaxy movies and Black Panther.

It's probably top 5 MCU for me overall as well, ranking along with the two Guardians of the Galaxy films, Ragnarok, and Loki. The order of this top 5 would probably fluctuate a fair amount any given day, though I know Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is firmly in first for me.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Like a lot of Shane Black's stuff, Iron Man 3 does work as a legit Christmas movie too

5. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Really bummed that The Predator was so awful. After Iron Man 3 and The Nice Guys (and his apparent script doctoring on the original Predator) I thought he would be such a good fit there, but alas...

6. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, the "Mandarin" switch in IRON MAN 3 was a major mistake - the character was working 100% at the start, unique and menacing, and then... whoops....

For me, the other big problem with IM3 is that Tony essentially invents a way that he could have stayed safe, off the front lines, while being almost 100% effective using "remote controlled" IM. He clearly could have mass produced an IM army, sat back in a super-protected bunker (or had trained operators do so, like drone operators) and done an immense amount of good. Which would ALSO have addressed Pepper's concerns (which I found cliche, to be honest - another run at the "I can't deal with my BF being a super hero trope). The movie kinda/sorta suggests the remote controlled IM aren't 100% as effective as when Tony is in the suit, but even there, the movie is far from consistent (they seem to be VERY effective, generally, even so).

The MCU flirted with this idea with the Iron Legion, but those were (of course) robots.

Sarge likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I actually think it’s a bold decision to make it a Christmas movie. I really liked that touch. Tony’s Christmas gift to Pepper was hilarious.

BigAl6ft6 and Juliet316 like this.
  8. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    not enough Christmas . a little bit here and there. I need total commitment on Christmas decorations and music

9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It's about as much Christmas-y as Batman Returns and Die Hard which gets a pass for me under the Christmas-movie header.

Gamiel, Juliet316 and PimpBacca like this.
  10. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    Darkslayer and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  11. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I get the feeling Gamora may not be in the Holiday Special all that much, if they have a big reunion that seems like something they'd save for Vol. 3. Or I'm completely wrong and the big Christmas Miracle of the holiday special is reuniting with Gamora. Although I suspect the former.

Juliet316 and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  13. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    BTW, Endgame's Gamora is a variant ? Shouldn't the TVA go after her ?

14. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    GoTG Holiday special, of course you need to see before v. 3 - no way they aren’t going to milk that.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    The Endgame time travel sort of got handwaved away as "supposed to happen" by the time keepers, at least the Time Heist did, so unless they follow up on that I'd say any time travel stuff that happened as a result of the Time Heist get a pass.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  16. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    They say “supposed to happen” early in Loki. By the end it looked more like a benevolent Kang was pruning variant timelines that result in warlord Kangs waging reality splintering wars. As long as new timelines don’t cascaded the time line into chaos - the TVA isn’t concerned.

The time line needs to stay in that neat and organized loop. I think the loop is made up of infinite timelines with more constantly being created. As long as the new timelines stay in the loop they are fine.

So far it looks like Gamora is an approved variant. Even Thanos was approved.

nilzo antonio and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Now I kinda want to see Thanos in all his Mad Titan glory becoming a variant of concern getting zapped and sent though TVA processing.

18. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    [face_laugh]=D= Brolin would play that to the nines. All you need is that mid century elevator music playing while he’s waiting to be processed.

“Mad Titan variant 22... go to window 3 please.”

19. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Can you imagine? It’s be like Thanos getting his drivers license renewed. I’d don’t see him getting as far as the guy who refused to take a ticket.

Wait a minute. Did the ‘take a ticket’ guy get sent to where all the Lokis are? Could he still be alive?

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Totally worthy.

[​IMG]

22. nilzo antonio

Dec 31, 2015
  23. nilzo antonio

Dec 31, 2015
    [​IMG]

Just to point out the diference: as rumoured before her powers will come from some artifact she will wear in her wrist. No elastic powers.

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I wonder if they’re changing the elastic abilities to save those for Mr. Fantastic?

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

That was my thought as well.