main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

You want fries with that? Desperate measures for CIII...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    As I've been pointing out so often, much to the anoyance of others, this RSA is broke.

So I will be entering the Food Service Industry to provide quality edibles for the community. With a smile... All while remembering this is so I can have a rockin' good time at CIII.

What desperate things are you all doing to help suppliment your CIII trip?

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    For a good time, PM for my cell #.

I'll bug the peoples at work again and see what they say. Last time all they said was "Thanks. We'll look at it." [face_plain]

3. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    <blinks>

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well thanks :) You don't have to get all fussy with them though.

At least I wouldn't feel bad about quitting at McDonalds when the tailoring job opens up in June.

5. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    McDonald's...the place of my employment all through college.

ACTUALLY right after high school. i was working there and was like I do NOT want to work at McDs for the rest of my life!! so i just did for the next 4 years or so. ;)

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well I figure work there until CIII and get some money to blow there ;)

7. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Can't really get cranky about the resume anyway. I've given them probably about a dozen of them over the last 4 years...ranging from computer majors to someone with 2 masters degrees, and nobody's ever been called back. *shrug*

8. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm selling my body on the street corner every friday night. If anyone's interested, check out the corner of Circle & Monterey between 7pm and 3am on Fridays in the springs! I could use the cash!

9. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    are you wearing the sparkly red panties?

They should get you better business.

;)

10. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    ::giggles::

11. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I ALMOST posted something about colfax, but decided against it...thanks for taking it to the next level JD. ;)

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Howzabout black Imperial caps? I know they're really hard to come by, but I also know that there's a LOT of people looking for them.

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    JGoC - wouldn't Burger King be better? 'Cause they're the ones who will get all the RotS toys later this Spring, so you could earn cash for CIII AND be in a position to get SW toys!

I've started working again, but it's just a contract job and I'm waiting to hear about how long it will last. Could be done next week, could last longer. But each day is money towards CIII.

14. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    T: that is an awesome idea! im looking for secondary employment. but im really not wanting to do fast food. i just need to find something.

15. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm working obscene amounts of overtime.

I'm also becoming a foster parent...who says a Michigan Basement can't be a bedroom? :p

And I just started dumpster diving for aluminum cans.

16. Sarnia

Jun 1, 2004
    Watch Dukes of Hazzard, earn money

http://money.cnn.com/2005/02/25/pf/autos/dukes_job/index.htm?cnn=yes

17. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmmm... If only I could stand that show.

As for the BK thing, I'm not in a very nice part of town (buisness wise) and the BK near me is kinda scary. BUT the McDonalds on Peteson AFB is really spiffy!

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ooh and air force guys...:)

19. Darkmood

Darkmood Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2004
    I too am looking for new employment! I will let you all know how it goes!

20. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Sarnia...Yep. And the only way I'd ever WATCH the DoH is if they PAID me. LOL.

There's a million blogs out there for Star Wars, Star Trek, and BSG...but I'm guessing that means there's not a single one for the DoH.

Heh heh...DOH.

M...FosterparentdumpsterdivingMichiganbasementWHAT???

21. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

I'm on the same hell-track as Mistress....obscene amounts of overtime and call. My last paycheck was 75% over a normal check!!!!! The money's great, but it's giving new meaning to the phrase "Burning the candle at both ends."

FLOLFLOLFLOL!!!!!

22. arrowheadpodracer

arrowheadpodracer Jedi Master star 5

Apr 9, 2002
    Since I started a new job in November, its been tough to make good money right away, so I've worked a few Saturdays. I'm working again tomorrow.
    But mainly - Back in October, I started shuffling things around, changing due dates, paying early, paying late, etc.. All so that my last paycheck before I leave will be MINE. :D

I get paid bi-weekly, so I plan for 2 paychecks a month. On that schedule (as some of you may know), you end up with 2 "extra" checks a year.
    (12 months, 2 checks per months = 24 checks. But there are 52 weeks in a year. That means 26 checks.
    2 extra.)

A whole check for C3. Oh man, thats gonna be SWEEEEEEET.
    I cant remember the last time I could actually spend my money however I wanted. Its gonna be great when I get there, but getting this all worked out has been pretty crappy. My budget is TIGHT. I rarely go out, and if I do, I find myself looking at a $3 shot thinking, "Thats a loaf of bread and a jar of jelly!".

It really sucks being broke, but its only for another couple months. I'll come back from C3 with a clear budget, a new roomate, and an incredible sense of satisfaction.

Good times ahead. :)

23. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001

I'm right there with ya, AHPR......each check is a standing firefight with my credit card balances....FLOL! Except when I look at junkfood or other feel-good items, I see aircraft gauges, brake lines, springs, bearings, AN bolts, nylon locknuts, aluminum plates, wiring, lexan, OMG.....AAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

But, yes.....grand times ahead!

24. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    I can't technically pull overtime, but I think Zoom hit on the money. I can certainly make a bunch of those caps. I've already got the supplies. So pure profit!!!

25. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Mistress, just make sure you stay in your dumpsters and I'll stay in mine, like we agreed. 8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.