main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga You'll Like Me When I'm Dead - Post RoTS AU - V/P Dark Drama - Updated - March 15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jade_Max, Oct 1, 2008.

1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    So Asajj is working both sides...or is she?

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I'm glad to see Padme alive, well and working to destroy the Empire. I just hope he quest to find Luke and Leia doesn't put them in danger.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

2. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Mira_Jade - Well, when Daenarrah and I discussed this story, one of the reasons she offered it to me was the way I'd portrayed Padmé in "Lady Luck" when she's the hardened smuggler. The feel of this fic is similar to that one in a lot of way when it comes to her character.

She's been jaded, hardened and embittered and betrayed by everyone she trusted - one can't really blame her for retreating within herself and learning not to let her compassion and warmth allow others to harm her.

Asajj's role in this story is actually pivitol and key in so many ways, both obvious and subtle and we're pretty sure that when a lot of the twists have been revealed, a lot of readers are going to go back and re-read certain sequences to find the hints we leave lying about as to how things are developing.

You've brought an interesting OC into the mix too - Max. (Coincidence here?) I like him. He seems level headed, and I like the support he can give Padme.

Max wasn't named after the end of my nickname deliberately; the name was initially put out as a lark with the idea that we'd eventually change it - and then I never did because Daenarrah liked it and then it grew on me. *grin* We're hoping people will like Max. He's a minor character, but again, he's an important one; his support for Padmé is key in a lot of ways as we're hoping to show as time passes.

LOL! Well, you just keep on kicking out stories like these, and I'll force myself to 'stomach' many more! Just tell me when I start to border on stalker-ish.

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Riiiiight. Glad you enjoy them though - I love your reviews :D

penpadme - Thank you. Padmé's characterization was one of Daenarrah's original ideas when she put the idea of this story out to me. She wanted to see a really harded Padmé, one that had been jaded by circumstance - and I'm glad that's coming across. Max and Padmé... we're glad you like the 'arrangement' between them since it partly shows just how much she relies on Max.

Darth_Leia_6669 - Oh the implications are endless *grin* Padmé and Asajj as partners made sense from the get go of this fic - and opens so many options for story telling it's not even funny!

canadianjedimama - tangled webs have nothing on this story lol! As for Asajj... we'll stay mum on the subject for now ;)

barriss31 - Padmé and Ventress open so many possibilities to the story telling side of this and we promise that how they joined up is revealed eventually. The relationship between them at this point in the story is very close; they're partners but they're also friends - which of course begs the question, how does Vader figure into all of this, yes?

divapilot - Like an ugly bitter divorce, eh? I hadn't thought of it that way, but that's pretty much it, yeah. Of course, Padmé doesn't acknowledge Vader as her husband - to her way of thinking, Anakin died the moment Vader was born so she's technically a Widow ;)

Max is intriguing. Kind of like Han Solo, a little, I think.

*grin* kind of. Max, when I first envisualize him, was a mix of Ghent the slicer and Han Solo. He's pretty much a "what you see is what you get" kind of guy and up front.

I wonder if her need for revenge is more important than her need to protect her children, or if her children's situation feeds her need for revenge.

I think we'll have to let you be the judge of that as the story progresses and more details are revealed. But, as with any mother, the welfare of her children come first.

Jade_eyes - Padmé's different, but there are still some fundamental pieces to her character that can't be changed. She's always been a practical, logical person so any arrangement she made would have to follow the same kind of reason in her mind

Asajj's observation that Padme had the chance for revenge earlier (twice) but didn't follow through is interesting... it's almost as if the desire for revenge is a cover for another desire? Even now...

*laughs* don't forg

3. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    ~*~*~*~

Chapter 3

~*~*~*~

Vader's Flag Ship Exactor, Iridonia Orbit, Iridonian System - Month Twenty One, Day Ten PEF

"My Lord?"

Vader didn't look up from his evening meal at the Captain's inquiry, though he tilted the knife just slightly so that the illumination glinted off the serrated edge. "Yes, Captain?"

There was a rustling sound, as if the officer were shifting his position slightly and then the clearing of his throat. "I have news, my Lord."

Ice blue eyes snapped up to pin the trembling man with an impatient look. "I dislike, riddles, Captain. What news?"

"Th- the troops have landed, sir. Ventress is with them."

"Excellent."

"They've met resi- resistance, sir."

Vader arched his eyebrows, waiting, the gesture all the more menacing for its simplicity and the Captain began to visibly shake. The utensils were placed carefully beside his plate as Vader plucked the napkin from his lap to wipe his mouth. The Captain continued when it became obvious the Dark Lord wasn't going to answer. "They've requested assistance."

The sound of the Captain's neck snapping was audible, a slight gurgle following it as the body hit the deck with a dull thud. Vader rose to his feet, dropping his napkin on his half-finished meal before striding towards the corpse.

"Assistance one such as you is incapable of obtaining, Captain." Vader's words were silky smooth as he strode from the room and pulled a comlink off his belt. "Admiral."

The line crackled for a moment. "Yes, my Lord?"

"Ready my ship. It seems I must handle this errand personally."

"Immediately, my Lord."

~*~*~

Vader's fighter dropped into the lower atmosphere of the planet with a screaming whine. It was a left over, a relic from the Jedi Temple; but it was his. Artoo tooted happily from the wing, sending an inquiry as to their destination. Vader smiled, flipping the ship into a downward spiral and towards the coordinates Asajj had sent to his destroyer. "We're just paying a visit to some old friends, Artoo. Ready missile tubes."

Artoo tooted an alarm that Vader ignored as he flipped on the targeting computer. The message he'd received from Asajj indicated the troops were pinned down by an emplacement battery their intelligence hadn't seen. His lips thinned. Asajj was proving to be worthless at her current ability levels. He needed to concentrate on her, focus on her fighting skills - which was proving hard to do as she slipped in and out of his sight constantly.

Steady beats began to increase in pace as Artoo counted down the time to missile lock.

Vader used his time to contemplate what to do with his reckless charge. Asajj reminded him a lot of himself in some ways. The passionate focus, the way she excelled in her lightsaber training - when she was there - and her disregard for orders. He was getting a taste of what his old mentors had been through and didn't like it. On the other hand - his lips kicked into a grin as the tone steadied out into a monotone sound, indicating target lock - he wasn't as restrained as his own instructors were. He had resources and tactics at his disposal a Jedi would never have considered. And Asajj's elusive nature, her mysterious ways drew him in a personal fashion he hadn't expected.

She'd been working for him for a little over a month, and in that time she'd spent a good deal of time away. Perhaps it was time to restrict her to his ship. True, she was growing in power, but not discipline. Not in the ways necessary to make her a truly powerful ally. Secretly Vader half-planned to one day use her to assist him in overthrowing his Master, but with her skill advancement sporadic at best, it was possible she could need a new motivation.

Death, in some cases, simply wasn't enough.

Artoo let out a squeal as Vader depressed the button, releasing the missiles from their housings and sending them blasting into the target. It exploded in a fireball as he pitched his fighter around in a tricky maneuver and landed it alm

4. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    For kicks - since these are short chapters - I'm giving you guys two of them this week.

Enjoy!

~*~*~*~

Chapter 4

~*~*~*~

Vader's Flag Ship Exactor, Iridonia Orbit, Iridonian System - Month Twenty One, Day Ten PEF

Vader's fighter landed with barely a bump and Artoo whistled at him sharply as the little droid began to emerge from the socket. Several places on the fighter's hull showed superficial scoring from the battle and one of the power relays had shorted out on the flight back. Vader unbuckled his safety harness as the droid's beeped his insistence and the canopy popped open.

"Just do what you can, Artoo."

A query came back, almost morose sounding.

"No, I don?t. I trust you to do it right."

Artoo made a rude sounding noise.

?I?ve been busy.? His tone was short, signaling an end to that particular query. It was a tone Artoo recognized and would heed. ?Whatever you can do to fix the power relays and boost shielding capacity will help; I'll have the techs send down the patches needed for the nose and I'll help you affix them tomorrow."

The astromech droid beeped an acknowledgement as Vader lifted him, almost absentmindedly, to the deck. Artoo immediately began making scolding noises at the technicians who were hanging back from the Dark Lord's fighter.

Vader pulled himself from the cockpit and dropped to the deck, his ice blue eyes sweeping the assembled. "The droid will tend to the damage. Anyone who fails to obey him, fails to obey me."

Artoo bleeped sharply at a tech that he deemed to be too close and the human leapt back immediately, going pale as Artoo's arc welding arm popped out and began to crackle with energy. Vader nodded sharply, certain his orders would be followed, and swept from the deck. Behind him, he could hear Artoo chittering at the technicians and mechanics, issuing orders as well as any drill sergeant.

A faint smile crossed his lips; Artoo sounded like his old mistress when she wanted things her way. His smile vanished as his boot heels struck the deck plating.

Padmé.

He'd been shocked when he'd learned of her survival and the rumors that she'd been keeping company with Alliance sympathizers. No. That wasn't right. He'd always known Padmé had believed foolishly in democracy. He'd always known she'd been willing to give her life for a cause in which she believed. He just hadn't thought she'd still believe in it after its promises had died and the freedoms proven to be false. A part of him was surprised at her naiveté; she was smarter than that. Smart enough that she knew better than to cling to a dying cause and let it drag her down.

But then, maybe she'd changed.

Asajj had been little help in tracking her down, something he would rectify shortly. The Force adept was supposed to be tracking her, but had said little on the subject. No matter, once he was through with her, Asajj would know better than to tarry on her duties.

Sooner or later Padmé would come home... and when she did, he intended to see that she never left him again.

~*~*~*~*~

The training deck was empty when Vader stepped through the door fifty minutes later. He'd taken the time to finish his dinner and change into something that was more suitable for sparring - as that was exactly what he would be doing. Sparring with his apprentice until she satisfied him.

Even if it killed her.

He stretched in the time remaining before Asajj would put in her appearance. Taking a deep breath, he tempered his anger and allowed it to simmer and pushed it down into his reserves. It allowed him to control his anger, to tap into it for when he needed it. And he suspected this encounter with his... apprentice would test his resolve.

It was too tempting by half to kill her.

Ready and in control, he waited in the very center of the training room, his hands hanging loosely at his sides. His metallic hand flexed with the unconscious drive for action and he clenched it instead, allowing the thumb to slide over the finger tips.

Patience.

He

5. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Your Vader is cold, nasty and evil. [face_devil] All without being crazy. I like it. :D

Great update.

CJM

6. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Vader is especially evil this time around. I'm dying to see what he does next!

7. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    canadianjedimama ? Thank you [face_devil] that?s how he?s supposed to come across. Rational ? he knows what he?s doing and chooses to do it anyway ;)

barriss31 ? Thanks :D Vader?s next moves aren?t atypical ? we only hope you?ll continue to enjoy it.

8. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    I'm defintely loving this characterization of Vader you've done here Jade_Max! So cold and evil yet in control and collected. [face_skull]

I'm sure Asajj was wishing that Vader had killed her when he's done with her training. [face_worried]

Great post!

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Your Vader is amazing =D= Asajj is really in a bind now. Her freedom of movement was her greatest asset in working both sides against the other [face_thinking] You did the sparring scenes very well. :cool:

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    OOohhhhh that was down right chilling!

*shudders*

Vader is probably the only one who can keep Asajj under control...at least for now.

Asajj's elusive nature, her mysterious ways drew him in a personal fashion he hadn't expected.

Ewww! That's even creepier!

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

11. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You really know how to spoil us with the double updates. [face_love]

I really enjoyed the beginning of chapter three. Some of the advantages of doing a suitless Vader are the facial expressions - little tidbits like the 'icy blue eyes' and smirking are things that sometimes strike as deep as the mechanical breathing does. A nice tidbit too was keeping Anakin's old fighter. :)

The passionate focus, the way she excelled in her lightsaber training - when she was there - and her disregard for orders. He was getting a taste of what his old mentors had been through and didn't like it.

That was too priceless![face_laugh]

And Asajj's elusive nature, her mysterious ways drew him in a personal fashion he hadn't expected.

That line made me do a double take, and yep. I read it right the first time. A part of me cringed, yet the bigger part(the crack!shipper part ;)) went "hm, intriguing." If not in this story, then another. [face_thinking]

"Traitor implies having changed an allegiance." Vader replied conversationally. "My allegiance has ever been to the Chancellor - his role has simply changed; my loyalties have not."

Your Vader is very dark. I know that that must sound like a 'yeah, duh' statement, but he really has an edge to him. The way he cooly rationalizes his motives, and the way he deals with Asajj (lightsaber barely missing her chest, enjoying her pain and submission) really show a darkness that was often implied in the OT but perhaps not really shown in action as it could have been.

I like it. [face_devil]

Artoo bleeped sharply at a tech that he deemed to be too close and the human leapt back immediately, going pale as Artoo's arc welding arm popped out and began to crackle with energy. Vader nodded sharply, certain his orders would be followed, and swept from the deck. Behind him, he could hear Artoo chittering at the technicians and mechanics, issuing orders as well as any drill sergeant.

LOL! That whole little segment was just too cute, in a very dark way, that is. :p The funny thing is that I can really see Artoo doing that. [face_laugh]

Asajj had been little help in tracking her down, something he would rectify shortly. The Force adept was supposed to be tracking her, but had said little on the subject. No matter, once he was through with her, Asajj would know better than to tarry on her duties.

Hmm, so Vader doesn't know about Asajj's time with Padme. Interesting, interesting, interesting . . . [face_thinking]

Slowly, as the hour turned into two, she began to understand what he was saying. Her pride in tatters, her lip split and bleeding, one eyes swelling shut, she finally understood. Her body ached from the multiple blows and she was forced not only to draw on the Force but to sustain it to keep her injuries minimized. And she finally understood what he was trying to show her.

That whole scene was just . . . wow.:eek: Very powerful, but in a cold, detatched way. Your Vader is wonderfully evil.

I'm enjoying this immensely, and am most intrigued to see where it is taken. :)

~MJ@};-

12. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    WOW! Vader is intense this go around. He is evil and controlled all at the same time. He isn't as impetuous as in the original and I have to say, as much as I love Anakin and a redemption fic, I love a really good dark Vader/Anakin fic. This one is fantastic. I wonder what Padme will do when Asajj doesn't show back up and if that will force Padme to show herself to Vader sooner. I wonder what Vader will do when Padme comes face to face with him. I am excited and can't wait for more!

13. barriss31

barriss31 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2005
    Okay, just how do Ventress' elusive ways attract Vader in a personal fashion?? I had forgotten that one but I see dark possibilities here!:eek:

14. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    replies will go here... later :) Thanks for reading guys!

~*~*~*~

[b][u]Chapter 5[/u][/b]

~*~*~*~

[b] Vader's Flag Ship [i]Exactor[/i], Outer Edge Iridonian System - Month Twenty One, Day Eleven PEF[/b]

Twelve hours later, Asajj was back on the practice mat, her lightsabers absent this time at Vader?s instruction. She was dressed in her un-mended clothing, having had no chance to do so, still shaking and slightly wet from the shower she?d needed to clear the bacta from her body.

Vader was waiting for her, leaning casually against the opposite door - the one that led towards his apartment suite - and knew he looked as rested as she didn?t feel. He took her in with one contemptuous sweep of his eyes, the ice-blue irises speaking volumes as to how he believed she would fare. She moved with a slightly hitch, favoring the side where the rib had broken, and her eyes were shadowed.

There was a tilt to her lips that drew his gaze and encouraged it to linger.

She was determined. Focused. He could feel the difference in the way she approached the mat. It wouldn?t be enough, not this soon, but it would be more of a challenge. If one thought of throwing around a child challenging.

They began without preamble, Vader uncoiling from his stance by the door and stepping onto the mat. His hands fell loosely to his sides, settling in for the work out he was determined to give her. It was a work out in which he already knew the outcome, but one that would be necessary.

Each time more would be learned. Each time more would be retained; each time, Asajj's skills would grow.

He broke bones without a care, showing her through pain what others taught through scholarship. He taught her torture where others would have taught mercy. He taught her to hate - and how to harness that hate.

After her third dip in the bacta tank, Asajj returned to the mat wearier then before, but the defiance in her eyes, the pure hatred and determination, burned as brightly as ever. Her time in the tank had been spent well - she'd analyzed Vader's tactics, retreating into a semi-meditative state to decrease her healing time, and come up with a pattern.

Nothing as quaint as parry, parry, thrust, thrust, but a measure of how and where he took his pleasures from hurting her. He would start slow, allowing her the chance to recover from her dip in the bacta tank. Once he was certain she was recovered as much as she would be, he began in earnest.

Today would be different.

Asajj hit the mat feeling better healed than she had previously despite the wariness that caused her limbs to ache. The weary feeling would disperse upon her fist call to the Force, giving her the energy and speed necessary to gain some small measure of triumph this day.

Vader was waiting for her, his stance the same as the previous times, an immovable statue of darkness and pain that would continue to show her how to harness her potentials. What he didn't yet know was that today would be the day the skills he sought to hone would be brought to bear on him.

They met in the middle of the mat and Asajj dropped into a fighting stance. One ankle was sore - he'd broken it last time - but the bones had mended enough to be of use. One arm still showcased the bruising force of his grip just as the side of her neck did the power in his kick. Her back ached, her chest hurt, but it all washed away as she drew on the Force for power, stamina and strength. Her stance didn't shift, didn't change, but the flicker of knowledge in Vader's eyes as he watched her was grudging approval.

She was a fast learner.

"Feeling better today, are we Ventress?"

"No thanks to you."

Vader's handsome features relaxed for a split second before his lips twisted in a feral smile. "No? Two days ago you were unable to last more than five minutes on your feet. Last session you were on them for ten."

"Until you broke one."

"Every battle has its casualties." His gaze raked her from head to toe, a speculative gleam in their depths. That they lingered on her

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And nobody has replied yet?!?!? :eek:

I must rectify this obvious inequity. ;)

And . . . wow. Your Vader has hit a new level of sleeze in this chapter. Sheesh.

I love it. [face_devil]

Each time more would be learned. Each time more would be retained; each time, Asajj's skills would grow.

He broke bones without a care, showing her through pain what others taught through scholarship. He taught her torture where others would have taught mercy. He taught her to hate - and how to harness that hate.

Eck. [face_worried]

I feel bad for Asajj here, I really do - and that is something I'd never thought I'd say. The sparring sessions were wonderfully written - especially the last few lines before the . . . er, em, encounter. I had almost wished she had connected, and then thought 'oh crap, do you really want to pin him?' The subtle references throughout the begining accumalated nicely . . . in a rather twisted way, but still nicely. ;)

?Ktah!?

A curse I'd expect to come from Jag Fel rather than Darth Vader. *giggles*

Asajj said nothing. If she spoke it would reveal what she knew and set her up for further punishment. Vader would know she was keeping Padmé?s whereabouts a secret; he would know about her hand in the attack; he would know of her ties to his wife and kill her without a second thought. She chose instead to volunteer nothing - it was the safer course of action. And a part of her, a small part, couldn?t yet bear to surrender Padmé Skywalker to this monster - Asajj respected her and what she was doing too much.

I really like what you have done with Asajj's character here. You have given her a real depth - having her show loyalty and even sympathy for Padme's plight and purpose. I like it. :)

"I will endeavor to learn swiftly."

Could pass for obedience, but I'll take it as snarky. [face_laugh]

Despite her progress, Vader was not yet ready to set her loose on the galaxy. She was reckless and undisciplined, a mixture of fire and ice - not unlike himself - that needed to be carefully tempered into a tool he could use. His lips twisted. At Asajj?s present rate she?d have the discipline to start her search in a matter of weeks. And those weeks would be enjoyable ones - for him.

Very interesting developments here - and not just between the characters. [face_thinking]

I'm enjoying this very much. =D=

~MJ @};-

16. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Wow! Very cool idea you've got here, very original.:)

"Continue to fail me, Asajj, and I will have no choice but to find other... permanent uses for you."

Yuck.[face_sick] Creepy!Vader is really giving me the heebie jeebies. But I guess that would be the point, so excellent job!=D=

Keep it up![face_peace]

17. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    Oh, I hate him... :mad:

But then I love it too. 8-}

=D= Another stunning and chilling update. Somebody kick his arse soon... [face_praying]

18. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    I thought I'd drop in a comment since I have a moment to spare. When Jade and I began working on this we wanted to make Vader as despicable as possible and give reason for people to hate him. [face_devil] I think we accomplished that. ;) We also wanted to show just how far he's fallen since turning and how much the Dark Side (and power) has affected him. And since he's suitless he has full use of his abilities. We feel that makes him much more dangerous and downright eviler and nastier. Unfortunately, Asajj is getting the brunt of all this. It's been so much fun, though, working on this with Jade. And we're just getting into all the twists and turns that we have for this fic.

I want to say too it's nice to see the acceptance of Padmé?s characterization. She's different from what we see in the PT, but Jade and I have discussed how we think she would be after everything she believed in and worked for was destroyed, and by her husband's hand. Then throw in her children have been hidden, because of him too. We didn't think she'd be the same person as before had she survived. We pictured her being bitter and jaded - and there have been a few comments agreeing too - hence the Padmé you all see. There's more to her story, with little things that will be revealed here and there as the fic goes on. So I hope everybody continues to read and enjoy.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb update... the relationship between Asajj and Vader's getting more intricate and multilayered all the time :D

=D=

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW

I think Vader may be creating a bigger monster than he can possibly imagine.

And I hope that Jedi savior will on his/her guard...

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I finaly cought up!...I love the combo you have created Max: Padmé cold & bitter, suitless Vader cold calculating & sure of himself=pure[face_devil] & Ventress in the middle...just facinatng!...well written too!=D= =D=

I like how Ventress repects Padmé enough not to betray her...but I wonder how long that will last now that she's practically at Vader's mercy. Is Ventress going to working for both of them despite her current situation?[face_thinking]

I also like the fact that dispite it all Vader's friendship with R2 didn't seem to change much & that Pad kept 3PO dispite the Painful memories he may bring her.

"And this time would be different from the last two times?" Asajj's look was pointed and haughty; she plainly didn't believe her ally. "You had the perfect bead on Vader the last time and didn't pull the trigger. Why should this time be any different?"

Now this is interesting...soft spot much?

The chittering scold was unmistakable as Vader's fighter punched through the atmosphere and back out into space. Artoo was the only creature - save one other - who could get away with that kind of reprimand and live to tell about it. and so is this: could the other be his wife or is his current master? it is his wife...could she still have some power over Vader dispite the obvious sense of possessiveness he has towards her?

and then there's Padmé's relationship with Max , Vader's "punishment" for Ventress(wich is really [face_sick] not mention how CREPPY), the fact that Vader will find out soon or later that Padmé is behind the Rebellion & MOST impotantantly the twins...Can't wait to see how this factors influence their relationship if Vader finds her wich I'm sure he will eventually.

I'm really worried about the well being of the Twins at this point if Padmé does find them(she will for sure). it won't be warm enviroment to grow up in...[face_worried]

Keep up the good the good work Jade_Max!!!=D= =D= =D= ...I'm hooked![face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

PS: Sorry for the late review...

22. Huaka

Huaka Jedi Youngling

Oct 16, 2007
    I'm usually a lurker, but I just couldn't help but read this. It's awesome and I can't tell you how much I love love evil Darth Vader. I hate sappy, mushy ones and this story was perfect! I totally like how they're not all chaste and not reserving themselves towards their married partners. Haha.

23. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    I agree...[face_worried]

24. Jade_Max

Jun 28, 2002
    ~*~*~*~

Chapter 6

~*~*~*~

Padmé's Office, Secret Base - Month Twenty One, Day Sixteen PEF

Lines of code twisted and turned as Max edited and reedited the profile he was slicing. His fingers danced across the keypad without looking as the patterns shifted before his eyes. Almost there...

"Sir?"

He frowned, entering another string of code as he ignored the inquiry of the protocol droid. It was easy to get lost in his task, to be absorbed by the lines of data - to revel in their puzzle and solution in silence. It didn't last - it never did.

"Sir!"

Max didn't look up from the keypad. He was bare moments away from gaining complete access to the system Padmé wanted cracked. "What is it, Threepio?"

"I hate to bother you sir, but it is Mistress Padmé."

Max's fingers stilled on the keypad, bare strokes away from entry into the system. "What about her?"

"She appears to be in distress. I cannot wake her"

With a quick spin of his chair, he was on his feet and headed towards the doorway. "Where is she?"

"In her office, sir. I do believe she collapsed from..."

Threepios voice trailed off as Max brushed by him impatiently, headed for Padmé's office. It was on the other end of the hallway - a hallway he hadn't seen in over a day since he'd begun slicing the system he'd been assigned. Threepio's shuffling footsteps were drowned out by his ground eating strides, the droid being left behind as he practically ran the length.

Palming open the door, he was stopped dead by the sound of a pitiful wail. "Padmé."

Padmé had passed out across her desk, her head pillowed by her arms in a pose that should have looked restful. It was anything but if the thrashing and agonized sounds that emerged from her lips were any indication. Max silently cursed. The dreams again. Always the dreams.

"Padmé!"

She woke with a start, not comprehending the firm surface under her backside, not really seeing the blurry image in front of her. It took a moment for her eyes to focus and when they did, it was Max's familiar and concerned countenance that greeted her. He was standing just inside the open doorwar to her office with Threepio coming up quickly behind him. She looked bewildered, not understanding her surroundings - or rather, the lack of a certain fixture to her surroundings.

"You were dreaming again."

Padmé's defenses, not yet in place, crumbled to nothing as desolation swept through her at Max's gentle confirmation. Her expression sagged and she covered her face with her hands as choked sobs broke through. She shook, the agony of the dream replaying as reality, the knowledge that her children had been stolen, that she hadn't even had the chance to hold them - that she couldn't hold them even now - shredding her heart.

Two long strides brought Max to Padmé's side. Strong arms encircled her, lifting her from the chair before he took her place and cradled her close. She burrowed against him, cling to him, as the heart rending sobs took their toll. He didn't say anything, didn't offer false comfort, simply let her draw what she could from his presence and his touch. His hands rubbed her back, one foot on the floor gently pushing the chair so it rocked slightly. It was several long minutes before the tide of emotion ebbed and the was able to draw a breath without it breaking.

She sniffled.

Max produced a handkerchief from one pocket that was as crushed and stained as the rest of his clothing, but she took it gladly, wiping her eyes and nose before taking a deep, shaky breath and letting it out. She didn't move from his embrace, drawing on his strength and using it to bolster her mental defenses. They sat in silence as Padmé mentally regrouped, Max's hands running a steady, soothing track around her back. The warmth and comfort she drew from it helped bolster her determination as the resolve to track her children down came to the forefront again.

She finally lifted her head from its resting place against the base of Max's neck and cupped his face with one hand as their eyes met. "Thank you, Max."

?You

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    She was determined to get to the flashing Jedi's name first, to rob Vader of his prize and take a little of her own revenge.

You go girl!

Perhaps she'll even find an ally or two to help...assuming she accept any.

I loved her conversation with Max and I think she is very wise not to tell him everything.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=