main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Young Jedi Adventures - Animated series coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 28, 2022.

1. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    [​IMG]
    https://www.starwars.com/news/swca-2022-young-jedi-adventures

A new class of aspiring Jedi younglings are set to enter The High Republic next year.

As announced on the Star Wars LIVE! Stage at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim today, Young Jedi Adventures is coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior in the spring of 2023.

The first full-length animated Star Wars series created for preschoolers, early grade schoolers, and their families, these original stories will follow Younglings as they are swept off into adventures, and start their journeys on the path to becoming Jedi Knights, learning valuable skills for our galaxy and the galaxy far, far away. The Jedi-in-training will tackle topics of compassion, self-discipline, teamwork, patience, and friendship.

The new series will be part of the era known as the High Republic, set centuries before the events of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace and currently being explored in the New York Times bestselling series of books and comics for all ages, Star Wars: The High Republic.

Check out the discussion with executive producer James Waugh, executive producer and showrunner Michael Olson, supervising director Elliot Bour, and consulting producer Lamont Magee in today’s Star Wars Celebration Anaheim live stream.

2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    This can't replace the potential Young Jedi Knights tv series we never got... unless... did they transplant the YJK cast and setting to the High Republic, add diversity to the cast and this is the canon version of YJK after all?

3. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I'll at least check this show out to see what it is like. It will be interesting though if they show any characters from the books and what exact time period they choose to use. They could easily just have this take place in 300BBY or 200BBY and avoid anything to do with the books or the upcoming Acolyte show. If they wanted to use something like Starlight Beacon though there is a very set space of time they would have to use which would be filled with a very specific group of characters.

4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I think it will be very ambiguous about the exact chronology. Yoda will probably show up, and I doubt there will be Nihil references.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Seeing as it's Disney Jr. you're looking at a target age range even younger than the JJK books, never mind YJK. We're talking preschoolers, set expectations accordingly. Mickey Mouse Clubhouse/Sofia the First/etc.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    True.

Not sure how I feel about that.

On the one hand, the Nihil are good villains and I love to see them on screen.

On the other hand, they have already been dominating the High Republic stuff a fair bit - even OT era storylines take breaks from fighting the Empire all the time and they have better reason to be omnipresent than the Nihil - and it would be fun to see other kinds of adventures.

Oh, that is younger than I was thinking.

Hmm...how would it compare to the Droids and Ewoks shows? Those are definitely for kids, but not totally without merit for older viewers.

7. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Probably more like PJ Masks or Spidey and His Amazing Friends

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    A fun little tv show with Yoda and Younglings.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

New details.

Dawud786 and AusStig like this.
  10. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    ...is that a Lahsbee!?

11. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The number of allegedly grown ass adults complaining about this and making "Anakin is going to kill them in the season finale" jokes speaks volumes about so much of this fandom....

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Of course it can't replace something that never existed.

Uh, what? Actually never mind, I don't need links or other proof, I can believe it.

Dream-Thinker and Dawud786 like this.
  13. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, always good for kids to have stuff for them.

...and as a scale of comparison - every time someone describes Clone Wars, Rebels, or Resistance as for kids I feel an urge to tie them to a chair and force them to marathon Droids and Ewoks.

Going back to some of my earlier comments, I notice that the description mentions going up against pirates...I wonder if it will be the Nihil or a different pirate band. The Nihil would fit the High Republic setting, but they are a bit intense for kids stuff...course, I guess Droids had gangsters, warlords, and the Empire....

14. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    They could do a gaggled of really incompetent Nihil that even the other Nihil think are lame.

Barriss_Coffee and MercenaryAce like this.
  15. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I could definitely see that...

Dawud786 likes this.
  16. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    They'll probably be kids too. Judging by other similar shows for this age group.

Barriss_Coffee and MercenaryAce like this.
  17. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    ...A Nihil kids show actually sounds pretty rad. Sort of like She-Ra (but younger), where you've got the evil kids but they're actually not so bad when you get to know them and they've got a lot of issues cuz the adults are crazy.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm assuming the show will be somewhat similar to PJ Masks, maybe Jake and the Neverland Pirates or something like that. If it's Nihil, they won't be all that bad. Almost like harmlessly "bad," and silly.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I doubt its going to be the Nihil. In fact I'm pretty sure this series is pre Phase 1. Either set in phase 2 or somewhere else in the 150 year gap that exists between it and Phase 1. That way this show could avoid the darkness of the conflict against the Nihil/Drengir and also not creating any spoilers of what is going to happen post Phase 1, since I'm certain it will be released before Phase 3 comes out.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  20. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I am a little sad this is for kids. A bunch of jedi going around the galaxy having adventures sounds very fun.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  21. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Although it would most certainly ruin his reputation among wider audience, I would like to look at Marchion in the role of a child show villain.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    He'd be somewhere between Captain Hook in Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Cobra Commander.

23. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Thank you, now I am imagining how great it would be to have battle on Valo being animated like this.

Crashing through the sky
    Comes the fearful cry…

NIHIL!
    (NIHIL!)
    NIHIL!
    (NIHIL!)

Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    MercenaryAce and Dawud786 like this.
  24. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    The Nihil are Cobra if they were all Dreadnoks!

25. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    There are some pretty young Nihil in the main stories, so I could see that.

That would be a pretty interesting direction to go with them.

That also makes a lot of sense and I could see that happening.

Well, if it does well, maybe LF will decide it is precedent for something similar for an older audience.

XD It would be wild to see.

That would be pretty sweet.

(As an aside, on another site there was recently a big rewatch of the old GI Joe shows, and Cobra Commander is more competent than his reputation would suggest. At least, he is a lot more competent than Serpentor.)

Huh, thinking of that, it would have been fun if the Nihil had been a broad alliance of groups with different tactics and gear like Cobra (Dreadnoks, Crimson Guard, Mars Industries etc)

....actually, come to think of it, light of the jedi did portray the three tempests as fairly distinct (Kassav's as wild raiders, Lorna Dee's as sneaky and professional, and Pan's as fancy and sophisticated) but sadly that didn't last beyond the first book.