main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Young Jedi Adventures - Animated series coming to Disney+ and Disney Junior

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, May 28, 2022.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  3. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I can’t say I’m so interested in this one, but it does make me think of the Youngling arcs on TCW and how those were supposed to be a backdoor pilot until someone realized that Order 66 would not encourage a Jedi youngling show.

Xammer and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Deary me.

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  6. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    I like the little fuzzy guy. Always up for new aliens...unless it's an old one that I don't recognize of course.

Just because something isn't made for us doesn't mean that it is unwelcome. In fact, I think this is great way for younger kids to enjoy Star Wars without getting into some of the more...*ahem*...darker stuff in the franchise.

Anyone complaining about this show which does not affect them or really Star Wars needs to grow up. Seriously. Stop being a snowflake. -_-

Visions Season 2 is March 4th as well, right? That'd be funny if so.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2023
  7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    The humor might be on par with the Lego stuff. Totally kid-friendly. With the occational harsh franchise-chastising joke that goes way above their heads.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Indeed they are coming out the same day. Quite a lot of non-traditional star wars animation this star wars day, I am looking forward to it.

Let's hope it doesn't have Droids' love of overly long slapstick sequences.

9. Konrad Pietrzak

Konrad Pietrzak Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2020

Honestly? I would not suprise that most screaming about Star Wars is for adults, also watch Star Wars as kids.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean I'll collect it, may even watch it, but if the entire HR arc gets remembered for this I may be sad.

[face_laugh]

11. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Wasn't that more due to Clone Wars getting cancelled and not Order 66?

12. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, for better or worse I think the Acolyte will probably be more remembered as the High Republic show.*

Though there is something to be said for this show possibly being a new generation of fans' first introduction to the universe.

* Now that I think about it, it is interesting that the two high republic shows coming out are a kids show and a dark mystery, with nothing in-between like most star wars media out there.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    High Republic for small childen and adults.

14. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    Is The Acolyte being pushed as a High Republic story? It seems like it'll be more its own thing, whereas this show is leaning into THR's aesthetic with the fancy dress robes.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Its pushed as the end of the High Republic era. And Acolyte will have same astetic as high republic books. The yellow Robes and statfighters.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  16. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Cover-reveal for the upcoming (October 10, 2023):

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – JEDI BRAVE IN EVERY WAY

publisher info:
    by Charles Soule & Rosemary Soule
    illustrated by Valerie Valdivia
    hardcover (48 pages)
    Disney-Lucasfillm Press
    ISBN 978-1-368-08028-6
    $ 17.99

solicitation copy:
    Learn how to be Jedi brave with Yoda and Burryaga!

Beloved Jedi Master Yoda teaches Jedi Younglings and Padawans of every species, including fan-favorite Wookiee Burryaga, to overcome their fears in this timeless tale for children.

Set in the era of the High Republic, this beautifully-illustrated book teaches empowering lessons through the lens of familiar, lovable characters.

[​IMG]

I love this artwork and these new books, it's the first time we see Yoda in HR era robes

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  17. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Not counting audiobooks, this will be the first Star Wars project in quite a while that doesn't have either Frank Oz or Tom Kane performing as Yoda. Piotr Michael is taking on the role here. I'd never heard of him previously, but an IMDB search reveals a substantial voice-over career so I suspect the venerable Master is in good hands.

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  19. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I think it's adorable. Funny enough, it's the closest thing to what I want to see from the High Republic era. Just regular life around a Jedi outpost.

AusStig, MercenaryAce and Ventrix like this.
  20. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Agreed.

I love the planet's design as well, very neat. Reminds me a bit of the planet from the High Republic manga as well.

...though I am curious now how old the kids are supposed to be. My first thought was really young, especially with the mention that the training droid was for "older kids," but even by star wars standards it is a bit odd for a kid that young to have their own starship. I really shouldn't think about it, but I can't stop myself.

Dawud786 likes this.
  21. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah this definitely looks like it will be fun watch. So I take it this is supposed to take place prior to the beginning of Phase 1?

MercenaryAce likes this.
  22. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Kinda funny that High Republic era's presentation to a broader audience will start with, on the one hand, this series and on the other - with evil Jedi in Survivor.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  23. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    I doubt they will nail down an exact time for when this takes place within the High Republic era so I am just going to say it takes place around 300BBY. That's a good spot to place it as it is at a spot where the majority of the characters from phase 2 will have gotten old and died or retired from being active Jedi. And by the point of Phase 1 the majority of the kids we meet in this show will have done the same.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  24. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I saw the shorts and i will pass unfortunately. I want more of Star Wars visions and Marvel what if stories to be quite honest. We have done the kiddie thing with blips, galaxy of adventures, forces of destiny, and there is another one going on now. If it's not that then it's just super canon stories. While there is nothing wrong with this, I think there has to be variety like an Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes Type series in 2d, along with others. Star Wars should be able to expand and not everything in the animation front should be the two extremes. In this arena, DC has done a good job with their animation movies and animation tv series. Marvel also did pretty good with their animation stuff over the last 13 years with there different series. Ultimate Spiderman, Avengers Earth Mightiest Heros, Avengers Assemble, Guardians of the Galaxy, Hulk Agents of Smash, Spiderman. They were all different covered a lot of characters, added bright colors, different planets and situations.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  25. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I'm sure the higher-ups at Disney Junior are devastated.