main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Young Jedi Knights Index (YJK pairings/characters) - new stories 06/12/05 + note!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by YJK_Index, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YJK_Index

YJK_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    Welcome to the Young Jedi Knights Index :)

Thus far, two people are working on this index: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=725019]Rose_Skywalker[/link] and [link=http://boards.theforce

.net/user.asp?usr=717614]Trickster_Jaina_Fel[/link]. If you wish to contact us separately, do so by our individual usernames; if it is for the general index, please PM

the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=839437]YJK_Index[/link]. Constructive criticism for making this index better will be gratefully taken, but flamers will

have a brief PM asking that they refrain from doing so in the future. Should flaming continue from this individual, they will be ignored or reported a mod. Thank you :)

In this index you will find:
    * Links to fan fiction pieces that are based upon YJK pairings (ie: Jacen/Tenel Ka; Zekk/Jaina; Lusa/Raynar) and the YJK characters that do not include the Solo/Skywalker

clan.
    * Reviews of the above mentioned fan fiction
    * Links to fan clubs for the YJK characters
    * YJK-related websites
    * Challenges centred about the YJK characters

We, Trickster_Jaina_Fel and Rose_Skywalker promise to
    * Be professional
    * Do our best to have up-to-date links
    * Be fair in our decisions

As a reader and/or poster you can:
    * PM those that keep up this index with links to your YJK fan fiction and fan art
    * Participate in the challenges
    * Notify those that keep up this index when you see a YJK fan fiction that has not been added to the Index (if the author has no disagreements with their story appearing in

this index)
    * PM those that keep up this index with reviews for YJK fan fiction pieces (if you so wish, reviews can be posted anonymously)
    * Post short trailers for your YJK fan fiction
    * Post comments about index

YJK Pairings and Characters:
    (fan fictions including a character with a * at the end of their name will be accepted no matter the time frame, as long as that character is in a significantly sized role. Any

and all YJK pairings are accepted irregardless of when they take place)

-Tenel Ka*
    -Jacen Solo
    -Jaina Solo
    -Lowbacca*
    -Zekk*
    -Lusa*
    -Raynar Thul*
    -Anja Gallendro*
    -Tenel Ka/Jacen
    -Zekk/Jaina
    -Lusa/Raynar
    -Lowbacca/Rabba

Rules for Submission:
    * Fan fictions must include at least one YJK pairing or YJK character that is not from the Solo/Skywalker clan (see above)
    * Fan fiction must be on the [link=http://boards.theforce.net]JC Forums[/link]
    * Please send submissions in the following format:
    Title: (with URL?*please* do not link your stories!)
    Author: (unlinked, with profile URL)
    Summary:
    Keywords: (please include the timeframe, genre, pairings, main characters, etc)
    Author?s Notes: (if needed)

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Trickster_Jaina_Fel, Rose_Skywalker, or YJK_Index. :)

----

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=989157]_3MD_PsychoSniper[/link]:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=13725803] Crossover. Part One[/link]
    Timeframe: the YJK Novels-the solo twins 16th Bday
    Characters: Solo Twins, Tenel Ka, Lowabaca, Zekk, Wes Janson, Kettch
    Genre: Comedy, YJK AU, and more I cant mention without giving the plot away.
    Keywords: Tk/J J/Z AU YJK
    Summary: The solo twins 16 Bday. Wes Janson agrees to distract Luke so they can get drunk. The next day, the Chiss send Col.Jag Fel to get assistance from the NR.

They are being invaded by a new threat and need help.
    There is also a minor trek crossover, but it is very small (only a single shuttle, crewman). On the way to Chiss space they get detoured at haped and deal with pirates

threatening the royal family.I will update the summary as the story progresses.
    Notes: instead of reading notes, read the story

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.

2. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    YAY!!!!

It's happened!!

Goddess?

Will you be putting a link to RotJ here or is that NJO AU?

I think it would go here.

*satisfied smile*

An index for Zekk, Tenel Ka, Jacen, and Jaina............ [face_love]

I'm happy!!!

:D

3. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    RotJ will be going in here. fics that have YJK pairings or the YJK "minor" characters (outside of the Solo/skywalker clan) in a leading role will be accepted, no matter the time frame :)

~TJF

4. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    Nice job on getting this up, guys. :) I've submitted my entry, and will be checking back regularly so that this stays up, hehe. ;)

5. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    thanks Soulwalker :)

~TJF

6. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    Great job guys and awesome idea!

Just a question... I have a new story coming up that's going to be YJK era, with students that go to the Academy, but they weren't in any of the YJK books. Would that still go on here?

Also, if the first story featuring these YJK era characters is in the YJK era, but the next two stories were not, would they still go here because the characters were students at the same time as Jacen and Jaina? I figure, there's a NJO era index anyway, it might as well have the characters.

7. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    hm...ideally this index is for the actual YJK characters. however, i'll PM jace and see what he thinks :)

~TJF

EDIT: we're just going to stick with the original YJK gang _Tenel_Ka_.

8. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Alright, this threads needs to get active. :p Here's the trailer for my fic:

It has been six months since the defeat of the Yuuzhan Vong.

(Scene flashes to show glimpses of battlegrounds littered with the bodies of Yuuzhan Vong warriors, the living among them screaming their denial)

The Galactic Alliance now reigns over the galaxy. From the ashes of war, rises a new peace.

(Great celebrations are seen taking place across many worlds)

But for some, the struggle has just begun...

(An orchestra begins chanting in the background as the scene shifts to show Jacen in a crowd, being addressed by Tenel Ka)

Tenel Ka: Honored guests, I come to you today with joyous news. My grandmother Ta?a Chume, former Queen Mother of the Consortium, has taken upon herself the responsibility of finding a suitable consort for me.

(Scene centers on Jacen, whose face contorts into a visage of agony. He turns and flees the ceremony, as Tenel Ka looks up sharply in his direction)

A woman with the burden of sixty three worlds...

(Scene shifts to show Tenel Ka in her room late into the night, standing by her window. She looks up to behold the stars, aching for their freedom)

And a man whose passion burns brightly...

(Scene shifts to show Jacen standing on a balcony, staring up at the sky. Suddenly, he slams his hands down onto the metal railings, causing them to mold into an indentation of his fists. Glass shatters behind him, as his eyes blaze with a cold fire)

Jacen: Tenel Ka...I am coming for you.

Will responsibility stand in the way of love?

(Scene shifts to show Jacen and Tenel Ka facing each other in a deserted docking bay)

Jacen: Then give me two weeks. If I cannot persuade you in that time, then I will release you to your duty. Grant me two weeks!

Tenel Ka: Jacen?I have responsibilities that I must fulfill on a daily basis. If I were absent from Hapan court for two weeks, the governmental integrity could be at stake. My extended family is ruthless, and would jump at the chance to cause chaos.

(Orchestra's chanting becomes louder as he allows anger to creep into his voice)

Jacen: Then let chaos rule, Tenel Ka! Show them that if you are as important to them as you tell me you are, that you should be granted the right to pick the man you truly love as your husband, and not be assigned a consort that will be no more than a slave who will give you children!

(Orchestra quiets as she says softly)

Tenel Ka: And what, friend Jacen, if that man happens to be somebody else?

Or will love conquer all?

(Silence reigns, as the scene shows Jacen cradling Tenel Ka in his arms. He walks into a ship, and seals the ramp way)

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10971166]Stolen Chance[/link]

9. YJK_Index

YJK_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    YJK Character Fan Threads:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=11199371&replies=119]People Who Like Zekk _____ Coalition[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6424957&page=1]The Official TENEL KA Fan Club[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=4379448&replies=5173]The Jacen Solo Fan Club[/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5910587&replies=4862]The Jaina Solo Fan Club, version 2.0[/link]

10. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Up, despite the fact that I've read less than 4 of these fics!
    ...and what about JM's 'Play it By Ear', Goddessness... it's a YJK fic...

11. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Hello. I figured that the fans of YJK would be interested in [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9253040&page=1]this project[/link]. We're working on a cartoon of the YJK.

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    KS: i'll have to e-mail JM and ask her if she wants it listed here ;)

~TJF

13. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    TJF, do you and jace want me to help you out with anything? I wouldn't mind helping spread the word about the YJK Index to others. :)

14. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    thanks Soulwalker that'd be great :D any attention that can be gotten (oh yuck, that was a horrible verb to use *cringes* :p ) would be cool. like it says in the index intro, any suggestions, etc, are welcome :D

~TJF

15. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Alright, hehe, I'll be paying visits to fics that meet YJK Index criteria soon. :p

16. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    just

bump^

'ing this :)

~TJF

17. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    Alright, I've begun my excusion of the Classic Fanfiction forum, wish me luck! :p

Oh yeah, *Bumps this* ;)

18. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Okay, gather around Earthlings... and the few non-earthlings out there...

IT'S TIME TO START THE VOTING FOR THE STORY OF THE MONTH!

Today starts the nomination process. PM your nominee to the YJK_Index. In one week we will announce the top three nominee's. Then you all will vote from those three. Two weeks after that, we announce the winner, and conduct an interview with the author.

Deadline for nominations is a week from today, May 12.

~jacesolo1138~

19. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

just upping. And begging everyone to go read my story! :D

20. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    If y'all want to include "Pain" and "Insanity" in this index, you may, since they are Jacen/Tenel Ka. Just let me know what you need.

~~Jilly

21. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    we need a summary, title and your name (both linked, please), keywords, and an Author's Note, if necessary...the full format is up at the top ;)

~TJF

22. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    My nomination's in! :D

23. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    thanks Greg :D

~TJF

24. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Master star 4