main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your best Celebration experience?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by pwinklespi, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    That's awesome. I love times like those.

2. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    Me too!

3. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    Walking into a pub in the hotel I was at and about 11 of the stars were in there at 1 am. They invited me to sit down a drink a few with them. Jeromey Bulleck (Boba Fett) and Kenny Baker (r2d2) were supper cool. But couldn't help but flirt with Amy Allen. She was super hot. It was just me and 2 other people at the bar and Star Wars 11 stars for 3 hours. All having a good time.

4. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    That is the best story I have heard yet. I did something similar at teh Empire Fan Fast with Bulloch, Michael Sheard and Ken Connely. Good times! I wish Amy Allen was there. =P~

5. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

Jun 8, 2003
    In 2004. Danial Logan (youg Fett from AOTC) was at Wizard World Philadelphia and stayed in the same hotel. I didn't know who he was for he had grown up alot since he was in AOTC. But I hung out with him around the pool and went to eat lunch with him (still not knowing). The next day at the convention I saw him at a signing booth and I was like "no way". We hung out that night and I have a picture of us at Hard Rock Cafe. The kicker was that he remembered me at C3 at his booth.

6. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    [face_beatup]
    Cool story. Honestly, I can't stand that kid. He was obnoxious at CIII.

7. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

Jun 8, 2003
    Really. I thought him and Ray Parks played the crowd the best.

8. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    Ray Park is awesome. I'm sure Daniel is ok, but he got on my nerves at the Celebration at Celebration. He was flirting with every girl he saw and it was pathetic. He had a camera guy following him around and he was suppose to be asking everyone questions. The only person I saw him talking to were girls and he was asking stupid questions like "who is the best looking person ever in Star Wars?" This girl was giggling and said "oh, it was you." then Dan was like "Oh me, oh thank you." Blah Blah Blah. there wre little kids around that he could have talked to and interviewed. There was this little boy staring at him the whole time and Logan didn't pay him any attention at all. It just annoyed me. It would have made this kids year to have Boba Fett interview him. Try and pick up girls later on at the bar, you know?

9. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Logan was nice to me. I talked to him for a few minutes while getting my pic signed and he actually winked at me.

10. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I'm sure he's a nice kid. I saw little bow bow do something worse at the Miami Airport. A little girl walked up to him to have him sign an autogrpah. He signed her autograph and never even looked at her. Take 10 seconds and acknowledge someones existance will you. He was literally standing there doing nothing. Talking to his bodyguard. Like he needed one.

It's stuff like that that people remember for a long time. I just would have been nice if he paid attention to a few of the kids around him.

11. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

Jun 8, 2003
    Billy D Williams did that to me. Would not personalize my photo, would not allow a photo to be taken of him, didn't say a single word and didn't even look up the whole time at C3. I think he was drunk. Pissed me off though. For $30.00 you need to be more friendly.

12. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    There was a thread about this earlier. Apparently he was sick. Someone said he might have had surgery. I think someone else confirmed that he was taken out in a ambulance at one point. Yeah Billy wasn't in good shape. [face_sick]

13. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    His was the only autograph I got. I thought he looked under the weather but he still said hi and looked at me. (Well with sunglasses it was kind of hard to tell). While I was standing there, Peter Mayhew walked by and patted Billy Dee on the back. And Ray Park was all smiles. It was a great afternoon.

14. MANDALORIANSMSD

MANDALORIANSMSD Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2006
    Too many to remember. Seeing George and seeing THE SLAVE LEIA. You know which one I mean. The expeience of the whole thing will be with me forever.

15. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    wow yeah there are so many to remember, Being with the fans, Seeing people i have not seen in a long time, Meeting people for the first time from the intranet or just to meet people.

hmm i think i will go with

Standing In Line All Night WIth the Cold/ The Rain/ Bad weather from hell Just to see the Maker. George Lucas.

Wow what a night that was. i am telling you the cold was unbearable side ways rain and wind to boot.

But thats Okay see we packed a tent across country just to camp out and get a good night sleep before seeing George Lucas. Got the Tent up, invited strangers to comeinside from the rain and cold. (it was a 15 person tent lol wich means really like a 10 man tent) but it was good enough, After about a hour of having this tent up the people behind us started getting really upset for us having the tent and them with out. So they complained enough that Gencon came and after saying wow you all are really smart mind if we come in once in a while to warm up to take this down or you are back at the end of the line.

:_|

We never got a tent down so quick and thats when it got real fun someone who was complaining said yeah serves you right lol.
    put it this way i had a friend there who don't care how big you are how tough you are he speaks his mind and he sure did to this lot of people who were smirking us. lucky we had a friend who was doing volunteer work and brought us some coffee and took the tent back for us since he was not staying in line all night
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/new/lucas26.jpg]

Then we were told we were going to be moved to the building to be let in so we would not have to stay all night out side. in the bad weather, I even remember the news saying the next morning that there were tornado warnings in the area and the storm was from the huricans that were going on on the gulf. well we started to move (i think this was just a joke to see how determined we really were) Hours later and i do mean hours later after walking to the building we were held out in a long long long line in the Cold and Rain.

Jerome Blake came out and gave us Hot Coco That was cool as hell then he got a little upset and took some agressions out on some fans me being one at the Steak And Shake i will leave it at that on sunday he said he was sorry. [face_beatup]

I do believe that there was one person up infront of us who had to be taken to the hospital for Hyperthermia.
    this is what we looked like in the line about 2 hours in. after being moved.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/7acaffa3.jpg]

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/93ec5baa.jpg]

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/659266e1.jpg]

Wow suns getting ready to come up guess we can move you all in to the RCA dome and let you warm up. (Oh yeah let me put a pesonal Thank you to all the 501st and Rebel Legion Members who volunteered to step up and take over where Gencon screwed up so bad, lots of love for you all.. makes me proud to be apart of a great organization.)

Yeah we get to move.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/6a2e364f.jpg]
    We are inside we were told we were first show and giving a braclet to wear, got to shut our eyes for about a hour before we were told to stand up and move out.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/a0b10986.jpg]

WE were off to see The Maker himself.
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/ad24d570.jpg]
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/new/lucas31.jpg]
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/new/lucas29.jpg]
    Look at my lips are still regaining color and blood back into them I'm telling you it was really cold that night.

[image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/new/lucas28.jpg]

Wow we are really going to see him
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/psxjedi76/c3/Picture073.jpg]
    [image=http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/

16. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I looked through here quickly and didn't see any mention as to what Steve Sansweet said at Comic Con about the lines at C4, but he said there will be more sellection, more inventory, and the best part... The store will be open 24 hours a day!!! Also if you are a Hyperspace member you will get to attend a fifth day (Wednesday) for members only. I looks like your hope has been justified!

17. pwinklespi

Mar 30, 2004
    I know CIV will have lines that are just as bad if not worse, but I think I will get to see what want by going for all 5 days. At the very least it won't bother me as much because I know that I will get to see a lot more than I did at CII.[/quote]

I don't know why, but I am optimistic about the lines for CIV. I really am. Call me crazy. ****awaits the screams of 100 people calling him crazy**********[/quote]

I looked through here quickly and didn't see any mention as to what Steve Sansweet said at Comic Con about the lines at C4, but he said there will be more sellection, more inventory, and the best part... The store will be open 24 hours a day!!! Also if you are a Hyperspace member you will get to attend a fifth day (Wednesday) for members only. I looks like your hope has been justified![/quote]

Yeah, I feel good about it. Think about it. 24 hours and an extra day for fan club members. I can otally see going to the store at 2 am and there being a reasonable line the first night. You only need to go to the store once to get what you need.

18. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

Jun 8, 2003
    Lets hope they don't run us all through 1 door like C3. They need to open about 20 doors this time.

19. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, C3 was an all-around great experience, but it is hard to top my now wife, then girlfriend saying 'yes' to a proposal. :D

20. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Just being there,was the best,I missed C2,I was at C1,But this was the best,I cant wait
    till C4.

21. Capt-SithPaark

Capt-SithPaark Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 24, 2004
    Can't narrow it down 2 one single experience (pardon the length of the overview) Celebrations in 1 minute, 30 seconds

Ahhh the adventure, the lines, the sites, the water, the ppl, the memories .... It's all comin' back 2 me

C1 in Colorado - Wings over the Rockies Air & Space Museum-Air Force Base (or should I say Dagobah) 'xcept 4 Sunday it was pretty wet (ask some of the vendors in the tents outside)
    - Was awesome being able 2 look 360 degrees around and b surrounded by Mountains
    - Anthony Daniels was out in the pouring rain, up and down the lines talkin' away 2 ppl (tanx 4 that)
    - Ray Park's martial arts demonstration (cool!!!)
    - Meeting (a then, 10 yr.old) Jake Lloyd testin' out 'TPM' video games inside

C2 in Indy (we'll say it was like Bespin compared to Dagobah)
    - Being part of the longest inside line I've seen at a SW Con - (for) Carrie Fisher's Auto. (insane) was part of a group which did shifts standin' & and savin' r spot. 9:45am till 5:25pm (ish) when we met her on the Saturday, she easily must have met/signed for one third of the ppl at the Con
    - Watching all of the 501st members exit the Con center in single-file formation on their way over 2 the staircase of the RCA Dome (or the 'Palpatine school for the Gifted') 4 their photo opportunity, AD was part of that, and a marriage proposal

C3 - Standing in line all night, the Cold/the Rain/Bad weather from hell just 2 c the Maker of it all - Ol' Flannelled one (such geeks we all r)
    - Meeting up w/ my fellow fanzine 'SW' Aficionado mates from London, Eng.
    - Matt Wood's Voicing Greivous Prgm. (Crush them All!!!)

Can't wait to c what's in store 4 C4 in LA! (I'm picturing Coruscant as compared 2 Bespin & Dagobah)

22. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Having only attended C3 last year (and not a day goes by that I don't kick myself for not doing whatever it took to attend C1 and C2), I would say the best expereicne for me was C3 in its entirety. C3 was a total blast from start to finish for my wife and I. We took over 400+ pics and tons of short videos. I cannot rank one aspect of the experience ahead of any other; it was SW euphoria to the fullest.

And I am expecting even greater times at C4!

See you all at the Fig and C4!!!

23. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    My best Celebration experience?

[image=http://www.chicagoforce.org/images/2005C3/499.jpg]

Yeah, that's me. 'Nuff said.

24. miarama

miarama Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2006
    The look you have in your face says it all [face_laugh]
    I remember you from CIII because you know my husband's friend and you were talking while we were waiting in line for SW in 30 min. Great job with the costume and acting the part!

25. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Why thanks a bunch. I was a hit with news reporters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.