main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your best FF memory?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by TheBoogieMan, Oct 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    There was a thread ages ago about this, but it got locked...

What was your best experience with your local FF? Care to share the memory here?

2. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    my best FF memory was our very first meet (click the link in my sig to get to our chapter, i recommend the pub as we have the friendliest bar-keep on the boards ;) ). here is a pic of the chapter at the meet, (and there is a more up to date pic of us as the banner on our board)

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/Lord-Wiz/Fan%20Force%20Meets/theususalsuspects.jpg]

left to right: myself (Lord-Wiz), Jairen (UK RSA), Chickenteekameeka, Tay-Mar, Lord-Black, Jangofett9, Veritasuk, Happy Ninja (Midlands CR), moogi_wan, and Rebeljediknight88.

we have added quite a few members since that night. it was at a cinema complex in Birmingham and we all turned up to watch ROTS (hey, what else would we watch? :D ), and before the movie, we all collected outside the front and had a fairly large lightsaber skirmish, in public! that caused a stir, especially with onr of the locals who was fairly drunk, and wanted to "have a go with a lightsaber" :rolleyes: . he had to be dragged off by his mate as can be seen here in the background LOL!

[image=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b395/Lord-Wiz/Fan%20Force%20Meets/LOL.jpg]

anyway, the time came to watch the movie, and we all walked in with our FX,Parks, and toy sabers lit up, again creating another stir! a great night was had by all.

there have been quite a few meets since then, but this was the first PROPER chapter meet, and as such is one of my best FF memories.

EDIT: speeling

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    The best experience...?

I don't know, there are so many. Most of the meetings are very nice and I love to remember our girls-only-meeting or the EFFM in Paris or our Jed-Con meeting or the OT SW DVD Meeting or... or... or... All the meetings were so much fun and special, that I can't decide which is my best experience.
    Beside of the meetings there are little things that I love to remember, little things which show you that you got friends in your FF. :)

And I know that I don't want to miss the next EFFM and our local GSFF Meetings. :D

I would love to tell you the best experience, but I really can't think about one that tops all the others at the moment. But... does that have to be bad? ;) :D

4. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    Think my best experience was when we did our ROTS campout at our local theatre.
    We all hung out, got to meet some really great people and were able to be ourselves with one another.

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Like everyone else, there's a bunch of great memories. Ranking right up there is when we did a Star Wars day at a local library and quickly went past the fire code's limit of number of people in the building.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    My favorite is probably Starfest 2004. Kicked butt at the costume contest with the whole FF (we won 1st AND second place) got to party it up with the Klingons, AND Micheal Shanks called me sweetie [face_love]

7. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    J.W. Titus Reunion Party

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    At the end of our RotS event, my FanForce gave me a Master Replica lightsaber. We had one to give away at the event, but the contest flopped so we never gave it away. I was wondering how we were going to deal with that. Then one member pulls the group all together and said a few words of thanks for such a great day, then presented me with the saber as thanks for doing so much with getting the event going. I almost cried, it was so sweet and kind. I still look at it and smile fondly, I love them so much.

9. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Bloody hell, that's incredible, Dajuan!

Your FF must really love you! :eek:

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It's mutual trust me. I can think of no greator group in the world.

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    That's so very cool. :cool:

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I have so many great memories both with my own FF chapter, with the other Europeans and from the FF people I met at Celebration. One of the best though is the crazy shopping tour me and the three other girls from FF Sweden did together in Indianapolis. I mean we are coming from a country where you can hardly find anything SW in the stores, and a normal 3 3/4 action figure costs around around $15, when we came to the US we were in heaven. We totally raided TRU, Walmart and Target and tried to figure out how much we could bring on the plane back to Sweden. Here's a pic of some of the things we bought.

Of course it wasn't just the shopping that was fun, it was the whole thing with realising that you couldn't get anywhere without a car, that pavements and street crossings for pedestrians where totally unknown and the strange looks that we got when we walked with our big bags filled with all kinds of SW-stuff.

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    WHOA that's a big haul!

14. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    For me it has to be C3. It was just so exciting, meeting not only fellow FF-UKer's for the first time, but also meeting members of the other Fan Forces from around the world. Manning the Fan Force table with Dajuan, meeting my friends from the Fandom Alliance of Philadelphia, parting till closing at The Ram. Too many great memories from a single event.

And now, with the upsurge in the UK, I'm getting all new memories as well.

15. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    There has been so many fun times from day one. I had a couple of large parties where I had over 70 attend and it was a real blast !!! I also had the opportunity
    to meet a bunch of FF folks when I was in England, Scotland, and Germany last year. In 2003 I was in Chicago and got to meet up with a huge group of FF folks.
    I think the biggest highlight for me was meeting my Fiancee thanks to FanForce.

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Mine would have to be back in May on the 21st, when we had the Star Wars Day at one of the local theaters. Such a great time. I shall post pictures later if any of you are interested. :) It was one of the best days of my life. Our hard work paid off.

17. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    Celebration Day -- May 16th, 2005.

All six films in a theatre in one day, the premiere of ROTS being the highlight as it was introduced in person by George Lucas himself, flanked by Rick McCallum, Ian McDiarmid and Hayden Christensen by his side!

It was great to be surrounded by several FF-UK members to a once-in-a-lifetime-event! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.