main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Choice for the Third Spinoff Film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 27, 2017.

?

What will be the third spinoff film?

1. Boba Fett

14.1%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

50.0%
  3. Ahsoka Tano

5.6%
  4. Darth Vader

5.6%
  5. Lando Calrissian

1.5%
  6. Yoda

3.0%
  7. Sheev Palpatine

1.5%
  8. Jar Jar Binks

1.0%
  9. Leia Organa

1.5%
  10. New Characters

16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    Thrawn

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  2. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    You know, a Sherlockian Thrawn TV series would make a lot of sense. Vanto is, in all but name, Watson.

Twain likes this.
  3. Twain

Twain Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2014
    For sure.

I can definitely see how Thrawn could be more effective on TV than in film. By necessity, Thrawn almost needs a Watson-type character so he can explain his brilliant maneuvers and thought processes.

But I really think Thrawn could carry a movie if done right. And he'd be a blockbuster new addition to the film franchise.

The trick would be placing Thrawn in an event that carried a great deal of importance for the GFFA.

4. I want a Old Republic Trilogy and new TV shows from this era
    Star Wars is much more than Darth Vader, Han Solo or C3PO is much more and is a huge universe and I believe that many relevant stories could have happened without a Skywalker being the protagonist

And as the new trilogy disappoints me I expect bigger things from the spin off movies I think it's time to create new stories and new characters

Vizzy91 and ZY-Fighter like this.
  5. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Revenge of the Sio

Darth Downunder likes this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "It Can Only Mean One Thing: A Bibble Story."

Followed up a year later with "Catastrophic Death Toll: A Bibble Story", of course.

7. Jo Lucas

Jo Lucas Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2015
    Kenobi spinoff, please.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  8. Gonk Droid

Gonk Droid Jedi Knight star 1

May 7, 2017
    Not Kenobi, Fett or Vader please! I would love to see a richer and more diverse SW universe. For purely selfish reasons I don't want to know anymore about Kenobi et al, I feel I know enough about them already.

Let's have a look a new characters RO style, or even introduce us to the Old Republic.

I'm crazy nuts about the CT and PT but for me it's time to move on and diversify the SW Galaxy.

9. QuiGonHrafn

QuiGonHrafn Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 25, 2002
    I would like something new but I doubt that will happen as it is maybe viewed as a too big a risk. Obi Wan is the most likely along with Boba Fett. I would be interested in the former but not the latter as I have never understood the popularity of character who lost against a blind Han Solo. But it would be popular for sure.

My ideal film would be something from the Old Republic or Sith Wars or even simply some of Timothy Zahn's novels (or other expanded universe novels) but I know that the last item is not going to happen. Hopefully we will find out soon.

10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I voted for darth vader because I would love to see a film of himself hunting down the remaining jedi. Although a Darth Plaquis movie would be cool.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Looks like we have a winner. Spoiler alert: I was right. :p

12. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Are we sure it's for the 2020 Anthology though, and not after that?

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It's not for sure but since they are in talks with a director already I think it's a pretty good bet. And if the Hollywood trades are all reporting it (which they are) you can bet an official announcement is not too far off.

cerealbox likes this.
  14. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    They'll have to pull something really worthwhile during his exile, if that is what they are planning. An exile usually means, staying out of unwanted attention (imperial & hutt) and all that.

As it largely went between Kenobi and Fett for the next standalone (most articles/fans seemed to assume it was), if it really is Kenobi, the very least they could do when it is a done deal, is give Fett his own series in the Marvel comics. Way back Kennedy said he was a big priority on their to-do list, but up till now that's been fairly disappointing. They get that close to announcing a Fett movie, apparently drop the whole thing and switch to Kenobi. If you combine that with the cancelled 1313 game... You'd think they would get something rolling at some point involving his character.

15. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    Kenobi won't work because this is supposed to be a time when Kenobi is simply meditating on Tatooine. Adding new adventures to that period would just ruin it. I think a bounty hunter movie with a couple Boba Fett scenes that finally give him his due, ala Darth Vader in Rogue One, would be perfect.

16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    20 years of watching Ellen and doing Sudokus.

DarthRosie and ZY-Fighter like this.
  17. ZY-Fighter

ZY-Fighter Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 1, 2017
    I would love to see Ben in his shack get up and dance a Kenoboogie to the HoloNet equivalent of Ellen just as the real-world audience does.

But maybe as a skit on Ellen or a late night show rather than in the movie ;)

18. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    There is so much to see in a Obi-wan film, we can bring back Liam Neeson, perhaps even a message from Yoda. You can do a cross over at the end, with a Han Solo and Chewie cameo in the Mos Eisley cantina. Greedo, Fett, and Jabba the Hutt can all make cameos in this, also a very young Luke Skywalker as well. I do hope they do this, there's so much they can do for his own film. I don't want to see just old characters making cameos, I want new interesting characters to show up.

I want to see Qui-gon's force ghost voice to reveal information, that helps Qui-gon appear before Obi-wan at least one time, before the film ends. I know he can't, but for the film, I hope he does.

I want Ewan McGregor to return.

19. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I see it like this, we can get all the new stuff when ever we want, but there's certain actors that are going to be joining the force with Carrie Fisher soon in the near future, so we need to let them play those characters until their time is up. James Earl Jones, Frank Oz, Liam Neeson, Mark Hamill, they all need to keep making movies for Star Wars. Once they are gone, that's it. We can't get them back, so let's keep them making more Star Wars films.

Old Ben or Kenobi - Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor
    Bounty Hunters - James Earl Jones, Tem Morrison
    Episode IX - Mark Hamill, Frank Oz, Billy Dee Williams??

After that, you can make what ever you like.

Graphic likes this.
  20. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Thats why im saying after the Kenobi Spin-Off is done, they have to do an Movie with Vader as the Prime Villain again. A few years after EPIII hunting down Jedi. They have shown that they can bring Vader back again with Rebels and R1 quite perfectly. So why not...

21. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Do we really need to see a whole movie of Darth Plaquis going around ruining everyone's dental hygiene? Plus, the galaxy's residents have enough problems as it is without worrying about their teeth.

11-4D likes this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    The Phantom Dentist
    Plaque Of The Clones
    Revenge Of The Teeth
    The Empire Strikes Plaque

Qui-Gon Gingivitis

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  23. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    Whereas the sequel trilogy is meant to hook a new generation of fans, these standalone films are meant to keep the older fans happy, I think. I'm a textbook case for this as I hated Episode 7 and loved Rogue One, but in my estimation this can only last so long. Solo has me hyped simply because of the sheer talent behind it, Boba Fett needs his due, but after that I don't think I'll be really excited about anything else. Kenobi's story is told, Yoda needs his mystique, using Darth Vader again is beating a dead horse (Plus Jones sounded like he was about to keel over in Rogue One) Old Republic is supposed to be a 1,000 year period of peace, not really good subject matter for war movies. I'm trying to think about an event that they could explore with new characters ala Rogue One, but nothing's coming to mind. I predict losing interest in this franchise by the 2020's.

24. ObieLuNobi

ObieLuNobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2017
    I hope for Vader or Kenobi. I have no desire for a Boba Fett film even though I would watch it and probably end up enjoying it he just doesn’t interest me that much for a movie dedicated to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    I'm not fascinated by Fett himself, but I do love the Star Wars underworld, so I'd be happy to watch a Fett film that dug more deeply into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.