main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Choice for the Third Spinoff Film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 27, 2017.

?

What will be the third spinoff film?

1. Boba Fett

14.1%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

50.0%
  3. Ahsoka Tano

5.6%
  4. Darth Vader

5.6%
  5. Lando Calrissian

1.5%
  6. Yoda

3.0%
  7. Sheev Palpatine

1.5%
  8. Jar Jar Binks

1.0%
  9. Leia Organa

1.5%
  10. New Characters

16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aroooo-Dion

Aroooo-Dion Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 27, 2017
    That's my take as well. Fett would be a pretty good vehicle for exploring all those dark corners of the galaxy.

2. ObieLuNobi

ObieLuNobi Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2017
    Yeah your right. Anything Star Wars works for me. As long as I see new things and learn new things about the old things I’ll love it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B3 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  3. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    “Learn new things about the old things.” I like that.

ObieLuNobi likes this.
  4. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
    I don't mean to be annoying, but I was just thinking...when do you think we'll find out what this film is? I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't until 2019 that we find out.

5. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Stop being so annoying!

6. The Wagonmaster

The Wagonmaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 24, 2017
  7. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I wonder if they are working up a "Stage 2" announcement. What they will do after Episode 9.

They don't have to rush into that, but the time will come that people are being recruited, and info gets leaky.
    Better to announce before the leaks.

Maybe they're aiming for 2019 Celebration? Leading up to Ep 9?

Can they hide their plans that long?

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  8. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Michael Sheen playing a young Palpatine.

9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I went with a Kenobi spinoff. Partially cos I think that's the most likely out of that list, and also because it's the one I'd most be interested to see. Others might be interesting too, like a Palpatine spinoff, but IMO that seems less likely at this juncture. I'm not really interested in seeing a Boba Fett spinoff. I wouldn't mind him featuring as a supporting character (not sure where, if not in Solo), but not carrying a whole movie on his own.

10. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Wonder if we will even get a third spinoff/SWStory after Ep IX

GregMcP and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  11. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I just don't think they should call it Boba Fett, I would prefer Bounty Hunters, because it's not really all about Fett, it's about the underworld, with multiple villains and crime lords, one being Jabba. I think of it like an old gangster film in the Star Wars universe.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I do wonder if the RJT is a pointer to a change of policy.
    All the energy that went into Rogue One. The created characters, the investment in story and imagery... It's all for one movie and a few side bits in Rebels and books.

It's better to keep that investment going over a few movies. Have fans who love your characters be looking forward to their next adventure.

So, as well as the RJT, I think we'll end up with the Solo Trilogy (which might absorb Boba Fett into its storyline) and back to Episode X eventually too.

B99 likes this.
  13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I not sure. Their could be a consensus in Disney to wrap up the Skywalker 9 picture saga and move on. RJT is consistent with the way most of Marvel's movies have been. Everything in trilogies, and their might still be a third anthology movie coming out. They could be waiting to announce the movie either towards the end of the year or after they see how the Han Solo does. That would give the anthology its three movies. I'm still skeptical of the Han Solo movie, and wonder if they would announce a third.

14. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    Ahsoka Tano :ahsoka: would be ideal, but failing that a post ROTJ Boba Fett film would be amazing. Only after ROTJ though, before would kinda kill any hope I had for it. (I will of course still see it just would see it while being slightly disappointed. :p )

15. Bunai

Bunai Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 17, 2017
    I want one on Finn's people. But since the option of Ahsoka Tano is there, I picked that.

16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  17. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I have liked the selections of Rogue One, Solo and apparently, Kenobi, for the first three spin-offs. If they do a fourth, I'd still like them to do a Boba Fett movie. If done properly, you can largely remove his story from the previously-known and established storylines, and simply do it as a true stand-alone. I'd love to see him as a hired gun in a situation which tests his moral code and he's forced to stand alone, sort of a High Noon type of setup.

Avnar likes this.
  18. LordDallos

LordDallos Jedi Master star 3

Feb 2, 2016
    Give me some Kyle Katarn

19. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    Id love a Kenobi movie that explored what he did between ROTS and ANH(him going into hiding and not being killed during order 66)

20. Zenwalker

Zenwalker Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    +1 Here for Kenobi, but it has to be Ewan. I thought besides Ian McDiarmid, Ewan was the best part of the PT.

21. Trinu 3.0

Trinu 3.0 Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2017
    Kenobi, obviously.

But I'd also love to see new characters.
    Heck, give us Rogue Two and show us how the Bothans got their intel and whatnot.

I don't think Disney is trying to hide anything.
    We have FOUR new SW films coming (IX and Rian's Trilogy) and a TV show.
    You can't say they're not investing in this.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new trilogy took the Christmases of 2020, 2021 and 2022 with new episodes/anthologies coming in 2023.

Boba Fett could go on the Disney streaming platform, just like Marvel uses ABC, Netflix wnd Hulu for some stories.

dekaneas likes this.
  22. MisterJedi2002

MisterJedi2002 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2017
    Is an Obi-Wan movie really necessary? It has already been used in so many animations, movies, etc.

23. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I love Ewan as Obi-Wan again. I’m just not sure what story they could tell that would feel important.

24. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    I’d like to see a gangster heavy movie with a dangerous puppet Hutt. I’d use Cad Bane, Bossk, Embo, IG-88 and some other cool character creations.

dekaneas likes this.
  25. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Its likely to be Obi Wan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.