main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Choice for the Third Spinoff Film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 27, 2017.

?

What will be the third spinoff film?

1. Boba Fett

14.1%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

50.0%
  3. Ahsoka Tano

5.6%
  4. Darth Vader

5.6%
  5. Lando Calrissian

1.5%
  6. Yoda

3.0%
  7. Sheev Palpatine

1.5%
  8. Jar Jar Binks

1.0%
  9. Leia Organa

1.5%
  10. New Characters

16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Given the latest emphasis on anti-heroes and shady characters, as well as not-so-happy endings, I can see a film about the criminal underworld being done that could expand the general public's involvement in Star Wars. A heist and/or justice film (a la "For A Few Dollars More") with Boba Fett and/or Asokha Tano now seem entirely possible. Provided it's original enough (and not a direct lift of a plot, like what I just did), I could watch that.

2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    While I’ve already mentioned Kenobi, I will keep tooting that horn until it is production.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yes. Yes, it is.

4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I think Obi-Wan will be next. As for what I’d personally want, I can’t decide between Obi-Wan, Ahsoka or Boba. I wish Rebels hadn’t concluded the Obi-Wan and Maul storyline, because that would’ve made a seriously awesome film.

black_saber likes this.
  5. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    What about a Jedi Council film? Perhaps during Clone Wars or before TPM? One that demonstrated how powerful the Masters are? There could some possible links to The Last Jedi's expansion of the role of the Master in the Hero's journey.

6. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I voted for Obi-Wan. The Ob(i)vious reason for that is wishful thinking since he's my favourite character, but actually I also have a couple of more valid arguments.
    • Obi-Wan has been the main human character by numbers of appearances in the movies. TLJ is the only movie where he's not present in one way or another, but even there he's referred to by Luke. (OK, I admit that it was a short appearance in TFA as well, but he was there in...an entire sentence [face_thinking] )
    • Before reading John Jackson Miller's "Kenobi" I would have been more reluctant in my vote, but after reading that I realized that he actually might have done something else than sitting in his hovel in the 19 years between ROTS and ANH. There is actually a potential for a story there. They may not follow Miller's story, but what if Ventress made an appearance? Well, she's
    • Ewan McGregor is in the right physical age to cover that time span. He has also earlier confirmed that he would be willing to portray Obi-Wan again. Thus they should grab the possibility. As Ewan to some extent was "playing" Alec Guinness as well as the young Obi-Wan since he wanted to meld those the young and the old character into one, it would simply not make sense to hire a new actor for playing that role.
    • There are actually quite a few persons out there (here) who would like to se a Kenobi film. Which means: potential money in a movie like that.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I think Obi-Wan is the most likely candidate, so I voted Vader instead. As far as Vader is concerned, both JEJ and IM are getting old, and only have so much time to reprise their roles as Vader and the Emperor respectively. If I was Lucasfilm I'd be busting ass to get that film made with as many originals as I could.

Next I'd likely make a Lando/Boba set of films using Donald Glover as Lando, with cameos or small roles in both films with Alden, pending reception to him in Solo.

After that... we'll, it's fair game!

black_saber likes this.
  8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Obi-Wan Kenobi

9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Looks like I voted Vader at some point. Thinking about it though, I don't think it will be that easy to concentrate a film on a masked character like that. They'll need someone around him to be the protaganist on a mission, with Vader on the hunt. Maybe hes better as the supporting villain rather than the main focus of a film.

I think the same is true of a Boba Fett movie too, which in my mind I would see him as being the nemesis in say a Han Solo movie. Imagine a Midnight Run type movie set in space.

10. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    I would've voted for Vader, but that's never gonna happen...so I voted for Obi-Wan, hoping to get at least a Vader scene or two.

AndyLGR likes this.
  11. NexuLeader

NexuLeader Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 18, 2017
    I honestly really hope that Jabba rumor is real.

12. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    If any masked character can contain a movie, its Darth Vader. Making a Vader movie would be basically printing money.

Nah. Why? Just have at least one Jedi he's up against. That way you have a "hero" as well.

I just died a little inside. :p

NexuLeader likes this.
  13. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    I like the possibility of a Vader film done right. I'm thinking a horror flavor with Vader as the monster.

You just have him working the purge, the fleeing Jedi would work well enough as protagonists but you have room to funk around with doing evil on Mustaphar and maybe some trippy and spooky Sith lore with or without Palpatine.

Push the PG-13 to the max. Get a great horror director that knows how to create tension, count your money, and leave space for a sequel.

I don't think it should be next especially but it should be developed at some point.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    The nitpicking of the Salacious Crumb puppet/computer model will be agony.
    I think a Jabba movie could be alot of fun.

Too-Gon Onbourbon and NexuLeader like this.
  15. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Kenobi :

Set 10 years after ROTS - Ewan McGregor perfect age ,

Everything is perfect to do this movie in 2020......

16. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
  17. Kladdagh

Kladdagh Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 9, 2017
    I hope it will be a Kenobi story ... =O

Krueger likes this.
  18. Dukeleto69

Dukeleto69 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    Kenobi must almost be a given but personally I would prefer more anthology films along the lines of Rogue One with new characters and stories to make the universe bigger instead of focusing on a handful of known characters.

I guess I should reserve judgement until I see Solo because it might be awesome.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Krueger likes this.
  19. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    i voted for vader spin off film.

Think how cool it would be for him and epic to see him visting Padmes grave or shine and the empire taking control of theed, then an imperial officer comes to report on the progress and Vader does not wish to be disturbed and force chokes the officer. :eek:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm glad someone put in my girl among the candidates. Otherwise I'd probably have voted for Leia.

21. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Obi-Wan.

A recognizable character with a recognizable actor's portrayal, unlike Solo, so audiences will be more inclined to see Ewan McGregor return.

- I'm really digging the "small conflict" stories. Solo managed to have interesting factions without resorting to the Empire as a main antagonist, so I'd be curious what Kenobi can due. Maybe take a page from the 2013 book.

-It can work as a character piece, with Obi-Wan struggling to find peace after being a general/Jedi Knight, losing Anakin, losing Padme, etc. Maybe he wishes he brought Anakin to Utapau instead of leaving him with Palpatine on Coruscant. So much potential

-There can be a good message about moving on/guilt/forgiveness.

22. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Yep, Obi it's gotta be.

I'm not so convinced a whole Vader movie's a great idea. Kinda have him looming above proceedings like in Rogue One, coming in and out for some great moments. Ewan though, he's about exactly the right age to do it sometime soon, the Obi small-scale/local samurai flick while in exile has totally gotta happen. He'd better not get off-world though.

23. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    Jabba Begins.

24. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    How about a 501st movie?

wobbits and black_saber like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Billy Bob Kenobi. Obi-wan’s low ambition brother who wanders sand planets with a metal detector.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.