main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Choice for the Third Spinoff Film

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Apr 27, 2017.

?

What will be the third spinoff film?

1. Boba Fett

14.1%
  2. Obi-Wan Kenobi

50.0%
  3. Ahsoka Tano

5.6%
  4. Darth Vader

5.6%
  5. Lando Calrissian

1.5%
  6. Yoda

3.0%
  7. Sheev Palpatine

1.5%
  8. Jar Jar Binks

1.0%
  9. Leia Organa

1.5%
  10. New Characters

16.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Manny Bothans: A Star Wars Story.
    The gripping story of Palpatine's lowly groundskeeper who came across the plans for the Second Death Star.

SithOverlord101 and black_saber like this.
  2. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Just put my vote in for Kenobi!

Krueger likes this.
  3. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Kenobi it is.

4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I actually wouldn't mind seeing a spy thriller featuring the Bothans. Perhaps even their mission bringing data to the Rebel Alliance right before ROTJ. It would feel very similar to Rogue One in that way, I admit. We could even see the Emperor in this one, and how he found out about all of the Rebel's plot, etc...But it would be a touching tribute to them all, and us hearing Mon Mothma express sadness for the ones that died would have SO much more meaning. Not to mention when Palpatine tells Luke about how he allowed the spies to get away with the shield generator plans, etc.

But really though...

Kenobi.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  5. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I was thinking of that in another thread too, How about a tv series based on them?

The real question is what time period like either between the prequels and the classic trilogy, or during the classic era, or maybe post Return of the jedi era set five years later?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett and Vizzy91 like this.
  6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. Though they could do a lot to make the story and characters a lot different than in Rogue One. Especially if the spy mission is based mostly on identifying the Emperor’s location, as opposed to being about the Death Star II.

7. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    As SW picks up different genres I could see this working too, but not as a film. Maybe SW could go into TV anthologies? Short series focussing on world-building while telling a SW action/slice of life story. Bothan spies searching for the Emperor while avoiding detection themselves sounds an interesting cat-and-mouse story, like a Mission Impossible but less set pieces so you get to know some characters.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Still really hoping they eventually go do something in the prequels era under the Disney banner. Not all that far back, maybe a couple decades. So maybe no Qui-Gonn or Mace around just yet (at least at high level), but Yoda's still going to be on the council and stuff.

9. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I’ve always been a staunch advocate of a Kenobi spin off film. With Ewan playing Obi.
    But the whole story has to be planetary based. None of this, Obi quickly ****ing off planet to deal
    with whatever? His focus is the homestead and Luke

10. Rodney-2187

Rodney-2187 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 6, 2015
    I just never cared about Boba Fett much. I think Ahsoka is best left to animation in the hands of Filoni. The Obi-Wan movie sounds like a great idea, especially with Ewan back, but after Rogue One, I really need to see more Vader. I'd love a movie with him hunting down the Jedi who survived Order 66. It would make a great suspense thriller with a touch of horror.

wobbits likes this.
  11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Kenobi. With Ewan obviously, and Bonnie Piesse and Joel Edgerton as the Larses. It seems to me this could be made relatively cheaply, if we keep it Western-style.

I'd still like a sequel to Solo, as well.

And then something set millennia before the current timeline.

wobbits and Deliveranze like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I know a lot of fans would roll their eyes at another Death Star movie, but I really want to see the Bothan Spy Unit figure out the Death Star II’s weakness and the Emperor’s planned location.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  13. Knight of Jedi Ren Sith

Knight of Jedi Ren Sith Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 29, 2018
    A Vader series like the recent great comics.

And a Lando series. Glover has more charisma than Alden.

And Kenobi of course.

And Yoda.

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Voted for Ahsoka, as that would be my desire. I would love to see a film with everything that she was up to after she left the Jedi Order and until she joined (helped form?) the Rebellion as Fulcrum.

A Kenobi movie is always welcome for me, but only if it included his duel with Maul on Tattooine as shown in Rebels.

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    My vote was originally for a Boba Fett film, but we’re getting The Mandalorian instead, and honestly... I’m good with that. It kind of seems like the Mandalorian (character) will be everything good and cool about Boba (cool armor, bounty hunter, gunslinger, supposed to be mysterious) without all the bad or lame stuff (we saw him as an annoying 10 year old, stupid backstory as a clone, dies like an idiot).

So, even though I don’t think it’s a great idea, and I’m not super positive a third “Star Wars Story” film will even happen anyways, I’m voting for Kenobi. As much as I’d love a suave, sexy Lando pulp sci-fun adventure film, or a spy-espionage/political intrigue film staring Leia in the vein of an old school James Bond movie, Kenobi would admittedly offer something completely different to both Rogue One and Solo.

TCF-1138 , Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I agree with that. I kind of doubt more movies will be made under the Anthology / "______: A Star Wars Story" category anyway, but I'd definitely want it to be Kenobi if we can get a third.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. Though I do think all the previously planned Anthology films, and story ideas of the kind you allude to above, will find their way onto the small screen. Which I actually think will be better for those stories.

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Maybe the lesson they've learned from Solo is that every Anthology film needs to end with Vader slaughtering people in a hallway. Now all films will end that way even if it's completely unrelated to the plot. It'll become the schtick of the Anthology films similar to Marvel ending their films with a post-credit scene. Wait for it... wait for it... wait for it... Vader slaughtering people in a hallway! :vader:

19. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I originally voted long ago for the Kenobi film idea because of Ewan but now I think I'd also vote for a young Leia film. PLOA by Claudia Gray was a good novel.

20. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I liked the Most Eisley movie idea,and perhaps because it didn't have to be that Solo "We explain the characters backstory" thing.

You could make a great Tatooine story where perhaps Obi Wan or Uncle Owen turn up, with the familiarity of Jawas and so forth. But it does not need to be an Explainer of a movie.

I hope it gets made some day

B3 likes this.
  21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    If I gotta choose 1 then it's Kenobi, but I'd love to see Lando (with Glover), young Leia, Ahsoka (between ROTS and ANH), and even young Palpatine would be awesome.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    What I want, deep down, in my heart:
    1. Lando
    2. Leia
    3. Obi-Wan
    Boba isn't on this list since his movie basically got replaced by The Mandalorian, and... I'm not going to say no to ~8 hours of seedy Star Wars underworld footage starring "Boba Fett without the baggage." I don't have any interest in Ahsoka being brought to live-action, nor do I particularly want movies based on any of the more overtly evil villains, like Maul or Palpatine.

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  23. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Obi-Wan. Oh wait, I already said that. Okay, my second choice is Obi-Wan. And my third is Kenobi.

24. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    A TV series like .... The Waltons!
    Let's call it
    The Lars!

I cannot wait until the end of each part to hear
    "Good night uncle Owen"
    "Good night Luke"
    "Good night Obi"
    "Good night Beru"
    "Good night Womp Rat"