main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Fanfic Will and Testament

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    A recent discussion with a fellow fanficcer got me thinking about this. In the event of your imminent and hypothetical death, to whom would you bequeath your unfinished stories for completion and why?

For the sake of argument, you only have enough time to name an heir for your fic. There's no time to pass along notes or a synopsis of any kind to guide this person to the conclusion. You'd have to trust them entirely to finish the story in your stead.

And no fair pawning off bad fic ideas on heirs you don't like. ;) :p

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    oh you are going to get mine. Even if you took them someplace I hadn't expected, it would be great. Of that I'm sure. Plus I would get to torture you one last time. :D

3. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Jedi_of_ennth gets first dibs on all my fics. If she refuses for some reason, the responsibility of finishing 2,3,4 falls to Kidan-I'm not trying to offend anyone, but he's the only other person on the boards who I would trust 2,3,4 with. My other stories, if the public feels they need to be finished at all, would go to Daena or Brodiew.

4. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Lest Ye Be Judged would go to ophelia
    Love, Qui-Gon and Broken would both go to Noelie, as would their sister piece--Same Time, Next Year.
    Hunt for the Executor would go to JediMormon
    At the Turn of the Tide would go to Irisheyedjedi and dm1 to complete in collaboration.
    To Gather Stones Together would go to Spiritofeowyn

Edit: And all of my drafts of Pink 5 fics that either aren't in final draft form or haven't been approved yet, as well as the entire project would be bequeathed to Pyxelle.

5. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Shattered Mirror and Beginning's End will be passed on to their respective betas, Killik_Twilight and NYCitygurl, in the event of my demise or unexplainable drop-off. Legacy's Scions will be inherited by my master, princess_of_naboo.

6. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    ?Thwarted Fate?: I bequeath my half to Jade_Max and Padlei (with the hope that my co-writer Reihla doesn?t kill them in a hostile takeover bid. :p)
    ?Of Like Mind?: Charmisjess.
    ?Conversations with dead people?: r0ck3tsci3ntist.
    My untitled Anakin/Luke BytS story : divapilot
    ?Kaleidoscope? and ?The Bargain Series?: Go with me to the grave. [face_skull]

7. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Hmm, I've only one fic that could be considered unfinished and that would be Pirates of the Mon Calamari. I'd have to give that to Jemmiah to finish. Wihout a doubt she's put it to rest just right. :D :D Then I'd ship off my remains to her as well. :p

8. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    LOL! But what if she re-gifts you? :p [face_mischief] I can see it now, like the Hitchcock movie The trouble with Harry it would be The trouble with Leona

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Princess_Arulmozhi would get Betrayal - the only one I'm currently working on. Besides her beautiful prose, she also helped me with a plot point in the story so she does have some idea of where it is going. I'm also sure she would finish it. After so many years, my readers deserve an ending. [face_whistling]

10. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'd give everything to VaderLVR64 whether she wanted them or not :p

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Give everything to Gina. It's my revenge. [face_devil]

12. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I'm afraid if I'd give pass my story on to another author, he or she would write something completely different. So I'd just give it to a person where I know the story will turn out great, even when it's not like what I had in mind.
    I don't know magehound that good at all, but I loved All for One, so my stories would go to him.

13. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    My one WIP here would go to divapilot. (Maybe she could bring it back to life. [face_blush] )

And a half-finished viggie sitting on my hard drive would go to "Luke's Angels" - ginchy and JadeLotus. But they don't know about it yet. ;)

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I bequeath Three New Sailor Senshi to Jaded_Girl and rebel_cheese.

I bequeath Decepticus Rex to SuperSaiyaMan12.

I bequeath The Road Not Taken to DarthIshtar.

I bequeath Miss New Republic also to DarthIshtar.

I bequeath my NJO rewrite to DarthIshtar... sense a pattern? ;)

I bequeath The Princess Jedi to Noelie.

15. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Hey, I just saw that KELIA! Your stories are so great, that you just might have put yourself in danger! [face_skull] I've been known to resort to violence to get my hands on a good story! [face_mischief]

16. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    I would give P & P to VA_Parky to finnish the last few chapters...
    Phantom would go to jmbsgrl... or however you spell her name
    Marked would go to my padawan
    I'd throw Ruminations up for grabs and let someone kill it for me [face_mischief]
    Five People would go either to VaderLVR64 or Brodiew
    Game of Death would go to... well, back to AH (I DON'T CARE IF HE'S LEAVING! I hope my death would raise enough sympathy points for him to stay).

Oh, and my evil plot bunny Sam would go to my padawan who would breed it and give the baby bunnies as disguised Christmas gifts to all forumers O:)

17. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Skywalker in Name would go to VaderLVR64

Our Mother, Our Queen would go to Darkwriter, my wonderful beta.

And I don't know what to do about my drabbles.

18. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'll pass on my Soontir/Syal story to oldjedinurse because frankly, she really should be the one writing it anyway. :D

Zonoma gets the revamped Skeleton in the Closet. Hopefully she'll think of that as a good thing. :p

The Halle/Kamme series goes to mouse2. This way Rela can make a cameo appearance, which I was going to ask her to write anyway.

Kidan gets my 1/3 of the First Sentence Challenge. He'll be killing off Jedi in all the sentence entries I'm sure. [face_skull]

And last but not least brodiew will inherit the plot bunny list that sits in my word perfect. I have been adding ones in a section just for him. The others, he can write or talk others into writing, like I do. :D

19. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I'd leave The Broken Cadence Rolls to dianethx. She pretty much knows the ending anyway. :p

All the rest of my WIPS I'd leave to Princess_Arulmozhi and ardavenport. Because I want them to suffer, I guess. [face_devil]

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    LE, I would take good care of Cadence..... [:D]

21. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    Sheesh! I don't know who'd I leave Doppelgänger to ( no one would want it :p ), except perhaps leia_nabbarie 'cause she knows how it ends. My ghost could hang over her shoulder - watching. [face_skull]

Or maybe Souderwan 'cause he could go to those dark places - and then some... [face_devil]

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hmmm...

Lemme see... Those fics I'm working on that people know about...

"Doctor's Silence" would go to Daenarrah and VA_Parky to finish together. I think they'd make a kick ass team and do it justice... even if I haven't thought out the plot yet.

"Homecoming" - ah... this one I take to the grave with me *sniff* I don't think I'd trust anyone - except maybe Inara - with it. But then, I'm making it up as I go, so there's really no plot...

"Chrysalis" - would be handed over to my co-author, Inara to with as she pleases

"A Star Too Far" - would be handed over to my co-author, Angel_9 to with as he pleases

And all those odds and ends on my computer - everyone can fight over em lol! Wow, I didn't realize I was working on so many projects!

23. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    I bequeath nothing.

I like the idea of leaving my readers hanging forever causing some of the faithful to organize into a secret society which would meet irregularly to interpret tea leaves and toenail clippings in hopes of finding my reincarnation.

[face_devil]

24. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    I'd bequeath everything to Shaindl. One time she wrote a vig the way she thought I would've written it, and it was perfect because she had the exact same ideas. Just stunning, and better than anything I could've written. But more importantly, when she writes characters, she breaks your heart while making you laugh. I'd put my stories in her capable hands.

25. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    Now that's just sinful... but I like it [face_mischief] I like tea leaf interpretations

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.