main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Your Favorite Era in the EU?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    The Prequel era is my favourite time period, particularly the Clone Wars stories in both Legends and Canon (personally I prefer TCW over CW but there is a lot of stuff in CW that is great too.). A close second is the Dark Times in between Episode 3 and 4 and I love how Rebels and Rogue One have filed that time period with the early Rebellion coming together.

Another favourite of mine is the New Republic era in Legends because of the Thrawn Trilogy, the Jedi Academy Trilogy, The X-Wing Series, Darksaber and I, Jedi that are all some of my all time favourite Star Wars books.

Bel505 likes this.
  2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The Sith are a bit of a wild card. For the sake of my prediction I'll assume they're neutralized. The Empire is easily the dominant power in this era. The Galactic Alliance definitely has a place in this era, though it would be the smaller of the two factions. The Jedi would be much less relevant in this era. With the Imperial Knights, I assume state-run force using groups would become the norm. The Outer Rim would go from slums to metropolises. Coalition fleets would probably begin searching the Unknown Regions. The satellite galaxies would be the new frontier. If the Empire, Alliance, Jedi, Hapans and Chiss can really form a stable union, galactic threats would be nonexistent. The fighting would be largely contained to the satellites. Nagai, for example, would be fighting the colonists. I'd expect a new age of prosperity for the galaxy. Recall the thousands of years of stability with the Old Republic. There'd be wars here and there, but the Throne wouldn't fall.

3. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016

If say some sith did survive can you see reconciliation between them and the Jedi occurring a Jedi/Sith council as it were?

4. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    If they keep on doing things status quo, and do things according to their obsession to destroy each other, then they won't reconcile.

For all the Jedi's motto of "bringing balance to the Force", they sure make their mission to destroy the Dark Side.

If some people want access to Force grip and Force lightning by getting angry and stop breaking and entering or stop bank robbery, the Light side people should leave them alone until they try to hurt innocent people.

5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I don't think Jedi or Sith could ever work together.
    One of them would have to change their ideals radically as they are polar opposites. I don't think the Jedi would ever tolerate the Sith's sadism and cruelity for an extended period of time. And they would also try to stop the Sith's attempts to gain power via ways of violence and murder.
    I don't see the Jedi ever tolerating the Sith letting other beings suffer cause if they do, they wouldn't be Jedi anymore.

6. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I consider the Lost Tribe of the Sith circa 43 ABY to the best of both worlds.

If Force sensitives use them as the new model, there's hope.

7. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    So when in a united galaxy can you see intergalactic travel being achieved?

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    In both Legends and the NEU, my favorite time period is that from the tail end of the Rise of the Empire era up to ESB, especially ANH +/- 3 years, as it featured some of my favorite characters and favorite stories, e.g. the villains and their plots in the classic Marvel Star Wars issues 1-38 and the Empire: Betrayal story arc. I've also found the more recent Vader Down one-shot, Han Solo mini, and Doctor Aphra series to all be quite enjoyable.

Oh yes, this too! The Imperial warlords were very entertaining.

9. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014

I'd have to say the Betrayal arc was the best part of the Empire series and with an underrated villain in the form of Trachta to boot.

spicer and Senpezeco like this.
  10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    In Betrayal, I didn't see Trachta's demise coming at all (at least not at the hands of his fellow conspirators). A good story twist, if you ask me.
    I also think it is fun Blackman brought back Trachta in Darth Vader and The Ghost Prison. Did you read this story?

11. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    '
    In my headcaonon they would certainly have the technology.
    But which direction to go? The universe, if indeed it is the same universe, the galaxies within it are separated by empty space. Unless you have a massive technology bump, you need Hyperspace in tandem with generation ship. With no guarantee of colonization. Why would anyone want to? I mean, The Europeans, finding the Americans, they weren't trying to find the Americans, they were trying to find a new way to get to India. They knew India were there. If they didn't, why go?

12. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    I don't know about far away galaxies, but I absolutely see them colonizing the local satellite galaxies. Probes had already been there!

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    According to Legends lore using hyperspace in the intergalactic void is pointless as their is no where to set a destination too. Not to mention the distances are much greater.

In outbound flight the Jedi were going to use the force combined with hyperspace technology to chart a course to another galaxy.

But in Legends intergalactic travel is one of the major technological limitations.

About eras and progress-what does everyone think the GFFA(in Legends) will look like in 1000 ABY, 10,000 ABY, 25,000 ABY?

How will the Galaxy have progressed?

14. SpecForce Trooper

Jun 19, 2016
    Mass produced Kyber Crystals.
    [​IMG]
    Planet cracking via superlaser.
    Planetary rule by AI may have a resurgence.

15. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    Population will skyrocket and result in Galactic Civil War again.
    The Jedi does try diplomacy, but they end up pleasing no one, so by 25k ABY they were destroyed very long time ago, and no one knows what a Jedi or Sith is.
    The language Basic develops into hundreds of local dialects which in turn becomes a thousand or so very different languages.
    Force sensitives were either treated as Gods or destroyed as evil incarnate, depends on the local authorities.

16. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    Old republic era

Tython Awakening likes this.
  17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I always found the pre-republic era fascinating.

18. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I'd say the Yuuzhan Vong era and Darth Plagueis' story are the most fascinating.

19. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Yuuzhan Vong invasion. Anything post ROTJ. X-wing series would be great tv show and the YVI would make fantastic MCU-like movie series

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  20. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Definitely agree. If you look at many EU eras, you would find that they could have been utilized for great tv-series. Pity the owners don’t know how to read. Heh. Just obsessed with numbers.

21. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Dawn of the Jedi era with the gathering of representative force-sensitives and pureblood races to Tython in the Deep Core. Each race honed a unique connection to the force independently before being mixed together in the Tython System. The bond heaven-earth was open when the force-sensitives became sealed in the Tho Yor pyramidal spaceships. They blasted off from their homeworlds, trusting only, with inner sight, not visual sight.

22. QuiGonJinn911

QuiGonJinn911 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2020
    For me it was getting to learn about Qui-Gon's history.

23. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    The rise of Darth Bane (then Zannah's)
    And Jacen's hero's journey in the NJO books

24. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    My favorite Era of the Expanded Universe is the Rise of the Empire Era (1000 BBY - 0 BBY). I love that Era of the Expanded Universe very much because in it occur the most interesting events, such as the establishment of the Rule of Two, the Clone Wars, the Jedi Purge and the rise of the Empire. This Era is my favorite also because it was the first I discovered and I have become a big Star Wars fan reading and enjoying the works set in this period of the Galactic history.

I also like so much the Inter-Sith Wars Period, the period in which the SWTOR video game is set. I really like the characters from this period like Satele Shan, Vitiate and Malgus, and I also really like the Great Galactic War and all the events that it brought about.

I also very like the Pre-Republic Era. The Jed'aii Order in Taython, the Rakatan Infinite Empire and the Sith unification War are all things that I love.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm a very big fan of the post-Endor era, myself.