main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite Fanfiction Moment?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kudzu, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Thanks Souderwan and Melissa!!! [:D] I love Embers, also!

My favorite moment in another's fan fic is AngelOfDarkness' recent post in Sactuary of Time when Jaina Solo meets her grandfather. [face_love] or when Mara Jade wrote her entry about Luke's feelings on his father in A Mother's Heart.

Of mine, I'd have to say when Vader calls the birds in Anniversaries of the Heart. :)

2. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I;d have to say "THANK YOU" to Kudzu for creating this, so now I know which fics to check out next! :D

My favorite moments are:

1) In 'The Darkest Days' I introduced Krista Fett, that was cool. :D

2) In 'Betrayed' I have married Kyp Durron and Danni Quee, I like that pairing for some reason. :D

I'm sure there will be a three soon enough! ;) :D

Courtney

3. Darth_Scroobius

Darth_Scroobius Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    My favorite fan fiction scene (of my own devising) is:

?I don't know what you're talking about. I'm a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan...?

Yeah right. And I?m a nine hundred year old, two foot tall, green-skinned Jedi Master! Who goes on diplomatic missions to their own planet? She?s not very creative.

Where the italicized portion is Vader's thoughts on Leia's dialogue.

But my favorite fan fiction moment is when I got out of bed at 1am on a Friday night because I had this cool technical explanation for how the Death Star worked and I wanted to commit it to electrons so I wouldn't forget it. The explanation ended up over 500 words. Very geektacular :-B.

4. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I like all my fics. :p Because, honestly, I wouldn't post 'em if I didn't like 'em. ;)

First scene that comes to mind is the L/M saber's kiss in obaona's Drive You Mild. I'll find a quote later. :)

*shall think on this*

5. jpauln

jpauln Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2005
    Some of my fav moments by other authors include:

agentj?s ? These Whispering Sounds
    A very young Obi-Wan fears he will be expelled from the Jedi Order. Much to his dismay, Qui-Gon begins unraveling Obi?s padawan braid, only to then cut a strand of his own hair and inter-weave it with Obi?s, re-braiding it. He then reminds Obi-Wan that the braid signifies the intertwining of all life with the Force; the symbiotic relationship they share with it and each other.

Souderwan?s ? Fall of the Sith
    Anakin attempts to revive a fallen Jedi master, and no matter how much power he pulls in, both light and dark, he is unable to save him. I also loved Yoda?s patience during that scene.

As far as my own writing, I guess my fav scene (in Polar Beings) is when Palpatine (who is now on earth) needs an airline ticket and persuades an air headed ticket agent to purchase the ticket for him.

6. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I was going to pick out something deep and meaningful (and probably Saga related) but as I started writing this one sentance popped into my head and just wouldn't leave. I can't help it [face_blush]

SOLO, GET YOUR DAUGHTER OFF MY SON!!!
    Baron Soontir Fel

I'm pretty sure that's Mira_Terrik's work [face_laugh] I'll try to come up with something a bit more sober later.

*wipes tears from all the memories from her eyes*

7. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Thank you!! [:D] (You wouldn't believe how much we went back-and-forth on that scene trying to get it right. [face_blush])

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I've had fun with so many of my different stories, but one scene that does stick out in my mind is from A New Order in which Siri is standing in front of the Council having spent the night before with Obi-Wan and mistakenly picking up his lightsaber when she left him. :D

I have so many scenes I love from other peoples stories. :)

9. Siaynoqsbride

Siaynoqsbride Jedi Master star 4

May 17, 2005
    Well, since you did say this is shameless self-promotion... :p

I'd have to say my moment from "Forever" where Vader becomes Anakin again, due to Padme's forgiveness and thus he forgiving himself.

It felt good to be Anakin Skywalker, he realized slowly. He re-learned his name, saying it slowly. Anakin. Once he was done, he felt almost as if he could weep with happiness. He reached out to the Light Side, flexing it like a muscle he did not even know he had. All the darkness he had felt, the despair and the anger, it all felt like it had been a bad dream, and he was finally awakening from it. The pain removed itself until it was no more, and he was free, freer then he ever had been.

And "Ignite the Stars." Just the whole thing. And the scene written in "A Single Thread," by AngelofDarkness, when Vader finds Leia. There are too many moments in Ish's fics "The Ties that Bind," "Lest Ye Be Judged," and "In Sickness and in Health" to count. They were all angstastic. And I do like the part with the birds in Roo's fic, "Aniversaries of the Heart." There is more, but I won't list it now... so many good authors here...

EDIT: I can't spell.

10. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    You know, one of my favorite scenes in fanfic is from LadyPadme's "In Name Only" - a couple posts ago, Leia was up for bidding and Han made a lovely cheap bid for her. I don't think I expressed to her how much I loved that scene. [face_laugh]

Another favorite of mine is the "ice chip" conversations from "The Not-Quite Love Letters" by Limelight. Of course, I'm an unabashedly rabid fan of that one, so I could pick any of a dozen favorite things from it. If you don't know what NQLL is, check out this link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1913480/1/ She hasn't continued it here on the JC, but there's quite a bit more there.

There are a ton more, too, but I'm senile today and can't remember anything.

I haven't written as much as others here, so my favorite scene I wrote may perhaps not be as amusing/dramatic/incredible as others here. But the scene that made me crack up the most while writing it was the frat party post from "Pink Nails and Drinking Games". I had so much fun with that one - especially the kiss at the end. [face_laugh]

KR

11. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    From fics I have read...

Trickster_Jaina_Fel's 'Return of the Jedi'. 'Checkmate, Onyx.'

From DathomirianAuthor's 'Planetary Traditions', Jaina and Zekk playing video games.

From my own fics...

From This is I?, Jacen's reaction to his NJO self. And Jaina telling her future self off too.

From Three New Sailor Senshi, any time Kino Makoto and Tenel Ka fought. Some damned fine dueling action there.

From The First(and Possibly Last) Date of Jacen Solo and Tenel Ka.

Tenel Ka ran down the stairs to the meeting area. Teneniel Djo looked up at her daughter and narrowed her eyes at her. "Young lady, you will not wear that outside of the house!" Tenel Ka's gray eyes widened in shock at what her mother just said. She began to speak, but Teneniel cut her off with a wave of her hand. "No buts." The Queen Mother walked up to Tenel Ka and examined the dress she was wearing. "How can you expect to ensnare young Solo's heart by dressing so conservatively?" She pointed up the stairs and at the door to Tenel Ka's room. "Now go upstairs and put on that miniskirt I bought you last month." Tenel Ka's mouth opened, but before she could speak, Teneniel had grabbed her by the shoulders and shoved her up the stairs. "Now get going." The Queen Mother said.

Tenel Ka stomped up the stairs to her room, but before she closed the door, she heard her mother shout. "And put a tanktop on instead of that blouse!"

And of course...

"We must depart for the Gray Siders concert before you present death sticks to Father."

12. Elana

Elana Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    I think my favorite part of "From My Point of View..." is the chapter set right before the start of RotJ, where Vader wakes from a vision of Luke being tortured by the Emperor:

Luke?s face, wracked with pain, wreathed by lightning. His hand, reaching out to me. His voice, weak, almost hopeless, begging. ?Father, please?? He screams, and the sound burns like a lightsaber thrust through my heart. ?Help me!?

I sit straight up, the darkness of my chamber around me, my dream still gripping my mind with the weight of prophecy. I know with sickening certainty that this is more than just another nightmare, born of the fragmented memories of the past. This is the future I see, as I have seen into the future before, when those I loved were in pain.

Were dying.

... I close my eyes, but his face is still there, emblazoned on the back of my lids.

What do you expect me to do?
    I rage at him. Why are you reaching out to me? Have I ever been able to change the future I see in the least detail? When I?ve tried, have I not simply brought about the very end I dreaded? If I see you dying, my son, then die you will, and I have no strength left any more to struggle against that fact.

Then he goes into a long rambling reflection on his feelings toward Luke, fatherhood, life, the Force, his choices. In this chapter, more even then the rest of the story, I felt like Anakin was whispering in my ear and I was just writing it down.

13. Yodas-evil-twin

Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 3, 2005
    The end fights in Yoda-Kenobi's fic "The Living Force."

14. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Diane, I remember the scene in the sewage plant too . . . [face_laugh] I dug it up in case anyone wanted to see just how insane it was. :D

Start Temple Audio/Video Feed Section 12A - Refresher Tanks Area

Older woman identified as Diane Thx
    Younger woman identified as former Jedi Allh Nemesis
    Man identified as Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn

Diane Thx is leaning up against a pillar, clutching at her throat, gasping for breath.

Nemesis: Come on now, Master dear. It isn't that hard a decision. You move away or I kill your old hag. Besides, I'd be doing you a favor. Have you looked at her in daylight? I mean really ... with that wattled skin and dry hair. She really needs a make-over.

Nemesis gestures slightly and Thx's body shudders.

Nemesis: It would be so easy to just break her neck, don't you think?

Jinn: You do that and I'll flay you alive and leave your corpse to rot.

Nemesis: Oh, I'm so afraid. And I must say, a bit amused. Are we starting to go all Sithy on me? <Jinn frowns> Decide Master mine - quickly before she dies.

Jinn: I...

A knock is heard on the Tank area door. A second knock follows.

Voice: Master Jane, I'm back.

Jinn: <mutters> Pathetic life-form. Biff, is that you?

Voice identified as Biff, bodyguard to Lady Shaindl

Biff: Yes, Master Jane. Could you open the door?

Jinn: I'm a little busy at the moment. Did you bring help?

Thx: <gasps> Can't breathe. Help me, Qui love. You're my only hope.

Nemesis: <exasperated> Oh, really. This is too much. Pay attention, Qui-Gon. Your trollop is about to die.

Biff: I got lost. Can I come in?

Nemesis: No! Master Jinn is busy right now. Come back later.

Biff: Who is Master Jinn?

Nemesis: <rolls her eyes> I don't believe this. It's like a soap opera with very bad acting. Master dear, she's dying over there...

Jinn: I can't let you get away with this. Turn back to the light, Allh.

Nemesis:<laughs> Never. Oh, she's turning a lovely shade of purple...

Biff: Is that you, Master Jane? Is Master Jinn with you?

Jinn: Yes, he is. Can you go get help?

Biff: I got lost. Did you know if you keep turning right, you come back to the same place you left?

Jinn: Go! Get! Help!

Biff: No, Master Jane, I'm coming in. You need my help. I can tell. <door rattles> Can you open the door now?

Jinn's saber dips for a moment and Nemesis whips past him, laughing. She dives for her lightsaber which flies to her hand. In an instant, the two are dueling again at incredible speed.

Thx falls to the ground, taking deep breaths. She begins to fumble for something in her pocket.

The door is still rattling.

Biff: Master Jane, let me in. It's still locked.

Thx: Biff, go get help.

Biff: Is that you, Miss Thx. Can you open the door? Master Jane needs me.

Thx: Master Jinn is dueling with a maniacally insane Sith. He's a little busy right now.

Biff: Who's Master Jinn?

Thx: Okay, I've had enough of this. Where is that damned blaster? Oh, here it is.

Thx takes out a Mark 2 mini-blaster - capable of bringing down small buildings in one shot. She lines it up and shoots at Nemesis.

With a lightning fast move, Nemesis brings her blade down and the blaster bolt bounces off, hitting Refresher Tank C. Sparks fly everywhere and then there is a huge flash of light.

A mighty groan fills the room as the metal begins to split. In an instant, vast amounts of unfiltered sewage pours over Master Jinn, drenching him in refresher paper, chocolate-colored liquid and large chucks of unidentified sludge.

Nemesis leaps away and, laughing like a madwoman, disappears around Refresher Tank B.

The backsplash reaches Thx who lets out a howl of disgust. Then she is hip-deep in sewage and thrown to the ground by the force of the dark liquid. Struggling to stand up, she is as drenched as Jinn in sludge and other noxious materials.

Thx: Yuck, ick, disgusting. Ick. I'm going to kill you, Jinn. I swear it. When I get out of here, you are a dead man. Ick.

The door stops rattling.

15. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    Favorite Scene's for me to write:
    1. Palpatine cries over Yaddle in "Lightsaber up his Sleeve"
    2. Palpatine's Dooku dream in "Secret Lust"

Others:

1. "I love you Master Qui-gon."
    -Obi-wan Kenobi in Jennifer_Lyn's "Preparing for a Padawan."
    That made me cry.
    I love that story.
    [face_love] [face_love]

2. Palpatine's Jedi council meeting in LLL's "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil"

16. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Hmm... here are my top 6 favorite scenes...

6. Jaina turning to the Kyp-side in Not Strong Enough to Say No by Jade_Max

5. Kyp saving Jaina in Revelation by Jedi-Princess-Solo

4. Mira_Terrik's entire Rebel Hearts Trilogy: Part One : Interlude [face_love]

3. When Meri and Alex realize they love each other in The Long and Winding Road by JediKnight-Obi-Wan[face_love]

2. Corellians Make The Worst Patients by Mira_Terrik - it's absolutely the funniest vignette I've ever read in my entire history of fan fiction! It's Jag on drugs, freakin hilarious, believe you me![face_laugh] Quite a gem! And all the ones that follow are just as brilliant, but this one takes the cake...

1. The part where Jag comes back "from the dead" in TKeira_Lea's Legacy Oh wait...it hasn't happened yet... [face_whistling] But seriously, TKL's scene where Jaina comes back from the dead in Echoes of the Past because of everyone (and Jag)'s love. Aaawwww...[face_love]

17. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I have two favorite scenes from Defining Us. The first one is the boat ride Obi-Wan and Sabe take on the lake on Alderaan. The secone scene happened chapters later when I dressed Obi-Wan up in leather pants and slit shirt and sent him with Sabe to a night club. It was my ode to Curt wild from Velvet Goldmine.

~aeryn

18. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Alrighty then, brought in my copy of the Delta Source Fiction Special for Winter 2003, to copy out a piece of my fiction.

In The Frag-Off Superweapon Affair, I wanted to pair 'The Chosen One', nine-year old Anakin Skywalker, with 'The Anointed One', a similarly aged vampire moppet from the second season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

The K.I.D.S. agents are onboard Centrepoint, the big artificial habitat in the Corellian System, where a school-aged Greedo is holding the galaxy to ransom.

Looking left and right as they crossed a road, the two were cornering a several storey building when Anakin pulled his friend to a halt, and gazed along the new street, smiling.

"Hey Col'. You see what I see?"

Collin looked in the indicated direction, and didn't like what he saw. A familiar tripodal shape stood on the pavement, pointing its lethal looking laser cannons at the building across the way. It was clearly on guard.

"Ah. Colicoid destroyer droid. Three laser cannon, hardened bronzium armour, sensors up the choobie, and a personal shield generator. What about it?"

"I'm gonna go mug it."

"Mug it?"

"Yeah. Waylay it. Hijack it. Catch it unaware-"

Collin gave his partner an exasperated look. "I know what it means, nashtah-head. However, pushing it over and nicking its handbag just seems a tad risky."

"I was thinking more along the lines of reprogramming it to work for us. Imagine having one of those mynocks in our corner."

"I'm having a Mystic Meg moment here. You'll die."

"No I won't." As Anakin became more enthused, Collin briefly wondered if [Bravo] Five's insanity had been infectious. "I've done a risk assessment."

"So have I. You'll die!" Then Collin changed his tune, apparently conceding. "Tell you what, I'll help. Providing you let me introduce the droideka to your jawa buddies later."

Anakin looked upset at the idea. "But I like jawas." He protested sulkily.

"You want my help or not?"

19. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    That was Mira's story, and one of the finest moments in fanfic. Got me hooked for sure.

Yeah, keep rowing down DeNile, babe :p

[face_whistling]

Some of my fave fanfic moments...

• Any scene with [face_love] Bryon Skywalker [face_love], as written by Darth_Lex. And yes I am the head of the Bryon Skywalker Fan Club. 8-}

• Dissonant Echoes of a Fragmented Mind by LadyPadme - the whole thing from start to finish. If you haven't read it, you really should.

• The development of Anakin in Winds of Change by geo3. I just remember thinking, "She really gets him."

• obi_ew somehow reviving Whie from his untimely death in ROTS and bringing him to Tatooine in Price of Courage.

edit: Added link to DEOFM

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Dissonant Echoes of a Fragmented Mind by LadyPadme - the whole thing from start to finish. If you haven't read it, you really should.

I second that! It's wonderful!

21. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Okay, I'm finally giving in to the shameless self-promotion.

Now, I dunno what other people think of what my best moments are, but quite frankly, the scene where Leiraya and Carth first meet in The Blue Side of the Force is my favourite. Carth's got his blaster out, ready to shoot the 'intruder,' and Leiraya's stuck defending herself with a SPOON. That whole segement was written just so she could pull out that spoon, and I just loved how it came off.

Oh yeah, and I loved Canderous escorting Leiraya's parents into her wedding at gunpoint. Even if I didn't like the way the rest of the story turned out (a little bit too much "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner" for my liking), it was worth it for that scene.

22. DarkMan77

DarkMan77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2005
    In my fic Path of the Exile i had Jace take two lightsabers, and by by clicking the ends together , he had
    a double bladed lightsaber. I always thought that was cool!

23. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Favorites in mine: All of Peace. It's the best thing I've ever written, and as it's a vignette, I guess it could be a moment.

Also, I really like the scene where Jacen and Tahiri are talking in the Falcon in Who We Are Instead.

Favorites in other writers':

When Sanar stands up for Kyp in Trickster_Jaina_Fel's Always: In the Morning. I was cackling in delight. :D

Every bit of one of my favorite fics ever, Angel of Iego's Cloudy Symbols of High Romance, but especially the part where Anakin and Padme are in the tree talking. :)

The fake epilogue of Courtship of Jagged Fel by the Evil Authors. I died laughing. [face_devil]

All of A Strange Thing, my favorite of SaberBlade's many wonderful vignettes. :)

The end of You Get Me by val_solo. [face_love]

Oh, and the "SOLO, GET YOUR DAUGHTER OFF MY SON!" thing was one of the best moments in fanfiction ever. MiraTerrik was so cool. :D :_|

Favorite moments that haven't happened yet:

Sanar realizing she loves Kyp in Always: In the Morning. ;)

Fee realizing she loves Jacen in the sequel to Legacy. ;)

Oh, yeah. And seeing how TKL brings Jag back in the sequel to Legacy -- if she decides to. ;) [face_devil]

24. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Mrs Durron: Peace was amazing! =D=

Fee realizing she loves Jacen in the sequel to Legacy.

Seeing as that pair does everything the hard way, I am sure that I'll have my work cut out for me ;) Like I've always said it'll have to be a force of nature that urges that pair into each other's arms.

[face_thinking]

Just got an idea. :D

Oh, yeah. And seeing how TKL brings Jag back in the sequel to Legacy -- if she decides to.

You think me a miracle worker? He smashed smack into an asteroid. We're talking smithereens here...

25. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    You think me a miracle worker? He smashed smack into an asteroid. We're talking smithereens here...

*cough* sureeeeeeee!!! *cough*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.