main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite Fanfiction Moment?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kudzu, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormtrooper_TK-421

Stormtrooper_TK-421 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    ok...you all said shameless promotion...so...

My favorite scenes that I've written all come from my story If we came back from hell - it's a romance/angst (with a bit of humor thrown in on scenes where it's apropriate) story surrounding a 1st-person OC who's been through some rough times, and goes through even more.

Of course, though, he and his friends manage to get into a few funny situations. Conner is the 1st person guy in this story/scene, Joran's his OC best friend, Tirra is another OC...also in this scene is Wes Jansen (and about the Obi-Wan Kenobi thing in the beginning of the scene...you sort of have to read the whole story to understand ;) )

---

Just then, Joran walked into the docking bay and greeted us. ?Hey guys.?

?Hello there!? Wes greeted in his Obi-Wan voice. Joran cringed, and stepped next to me.

?Is the ship all ready for takeoff?? he queried of me.

?No, Tirra?s got the ship all locked up. I can?t get in.?

?Sith?s blood,? he growled. ?Well, we?ll have to wait for - ?

?I?m right here boys,? Tirra said as the boarding ramp of her ship lowered, and she stepped out. ?I?ve been inside the ship getting it ready the whole time.?

I blinked as I heard Wes snigger. ?Why didn?t you let me in??

?I had it under control,? she explained. ?Wouldn?t want Joran to break anything while he was trying to help me get the ship ready, now would we?? I began to say that it was I was the one that had been waiting, but she continued: ? - bones, power couplings on the ship, his lightsaber ? although I?m not sure how he?d do that.? She smiled with mock sweetness at Joran. ?But it?s my Joran; I?m sure he could do it.?

?Quaint,? I remarked.

??My Joran??? Joran looked confused. ?What am I, your boyfriend??

?Sure.? Tirra shrugged.

?I thought you didn?t like Jedi,? I said to her.

?Joran?s a pilot, not a Jedi; I don?t care if he can use the Force, he?s no Jedi.? She actually meant that as a compliment, I sensed, and I knew Joran sensed the same thing; although he didn?t like any of this.

?So I?m your boyfriend now, eh?? Joran asked Tirra, tapping his foot impatiently. ?Rouge Six falling for Rouge Five ? like Conner said, quaint. So what makes you think I?d say ?yes? to being your boyfriend??

Wes stepped up and clasped Joran on the shoulder. ?Remember what I taught you about ladies, my former apprentice.? He looked at Tirra. ?Whenever a Rouge lady asks you out ? whether directly or indirectly ? you say ?yes? to her.? He added under his breath, ?Especially when it?s Princess Ice.?

?So I don?t even have a choice?? Joran?s face blanched as Tirra grinned deviously.

?No way kid,? Wes said in all seriousness. ?I?m going to be the mistier at the wedding that?s going to occur when you come back.? He gestured to me. ?Conner here?s gonna be the best man, and Wedge is going to do a music special. Now doesn?t that sound nice??

?Right,? Joran said absently, as Tirra tried to suppress a small snicker. ?Very nice.?

?Great,? Wes said, slapping Joran on the back. ?Well, I?m gonna leave you children be.? He began walking away, whistling a popular wedding song.

---

*smirks* there's also a few other humor scenes in there, but a romance scene I really like is one where Conner tells the girl he falls in love with for the first time that he loves her - at first, he's not sure about it, but then...

The girl kisses him on the forehead, and he goes, "You missed." She then chuckles and says something along the lines of, "Silly, I'm not going to really kiss you when you have that hideous beard." So he says "One second", and he runs to shave it off so that way she'll kiss him [face_laugh] and, while shaving it off, he realizes that he really does love her, and he gets amusement from the fact that one of the largest decisions in his life was made while in the 'fresher shaving [face_laugh] but isn't that how it is, though? we tend to make large choices while doing really stupid things - I thought it

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    TKL- Mrs Durron: Peace was amazing! applause Thanks! [face_blush]

Oh, and I forgot to add my new favorite moment of mine: when Barriss meets Luke in A Shadow Cast by a Star.

Fee realizing she loves Jacen in the sequel to Legacy.

Seeing as that pair does everything the hard way, I am sure that I'll have my work cut out for me wink Like I've always said it'll have to be a force of nature that urges that pair into each other's arms.

thinking

Just got an idea. grin
    Oh, my goodness. I cannot wait to see how that ends up! I'm giddy with anticipation! :D

Oh, yeah. And seeing how TKL brings Jag back in the sequel to Legacy -- if she decides to.

You think me a miracle worker? He smashed smack into an asteroid. We're talking smithereens here...
    [face_laugh][face_devil];):_|:D Yeah. Guess that about sums it up. :D

-----signature-----

3. cdmcc

cdmcc Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2005
    I can't seem to find the stories, but Quiller(?) wrote a bit with Obi finding out about Ani/Padme which was fantastic.

What I really like the best is when you read a newbie's story and it is really good, like Twich's first one. It makes you feel good for the future!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I read that! I think it's one of a trilogy, isn't it? It's in the archives. Check it out. You'll be glad you did!

5. Aniakera

Aniakera Jedi Master star 1

Aug 20, 2005
    I'd have to say... either TKL's infamous "multitasking" post [face_love] or... "Any further Colonel, and you'll be a dead man."[face_laugh] :p

But "SOLO, GET YOUR DAUGHTER OFF MY SON!" rates up there pretty highly too..

6. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    What a great thread!

So far, my favorite fanfic moments are...

1. The scene where Jaina and Jag get married in Echoes of the Past by TKL
    2. The scene where Jaina and Jag are bickering on the Jades Fire in The Courtship of Jagged Fel.
    3. The scene in Paths of Fate by Darth_Lex where Anakin dies. I know, it's an obscure kind of scene to like (especially since I love Anakin so much) but it was just so well written. (I highlighted it out incase anyone who's reading The Chosen Future right now hasn't read the rest of The Skywalker Prophecy Trilogy yet.)
    4. Any scenes with Jacen and Fee in Legacy
    5. Pretty much ALL of Ignite the Stars by rhonderoo_and_trace

My favorite moments of my own fics are...

1. When Wedge finally figures out that Jaina and Jag are together in Reading the Signs. (Even though it was the last time I got to see my readers put "Wedge :oops:"
    2. The Kiss in Rebel Dream: Deleted Scenes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.