main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO Your Favorite Fighting Games

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Ezio Skywalker, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I've just been waiting for I2. The GG games never really interested me; I think I played one of them as a demo on the PS3 a while back.

2. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Street Fighter 2: Champion Edition is at the top of my list. My friends and I loved playing this in the arcade and counted the days until it was released on the Mega Drive (aka Genesis). The roster of characters and variety of special moves was simply fantastic and kept us entertained for countless hours.

A close second is Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance. This game was fantastic because it introduced three different fighting styles for each character. Each character had one weapon style and two hand-to-hand martial arts styles to choose from. This was almost like doubling the amount of characters on the roster. The styles were so well balanced that drawing a weapon did not put you at any advantage against an unarmed opponent, unless you happened to be well practiced in the use of that weapon.

I have always enjoyed fighting games and I think that they are the best 2-player gaming experiences you can have. Fast-paced competitive fun. I agree with the OP that Mortal Kombat X was great. I have also recently enjoyed Injustice 2. I'll probably be picking up Tekken 7 when the price drops a bit

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Someone needs to explain an early part of the story mode in Injustice 2 to me:

In Chapter 1, Superman escapes with Robin from the prison he was held in. At the end of Chapter 3, Superman is back in prison being incapacitated by the artificial Red Sun. How was he captured again after he escaped with Robin? Chapter 2 was all about Harley, Green Arrow, and Black Canary. If these events took place in a different timeline, I don't remember seeing any hints about that.

4. Isley_27

Isley_27 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2016
    Marvel vs Capcom 2

When arcades had fighters, I remember playing MvC2 for the first time against my dad. Once a week we would go to that arcade to settle our father and son rivalries. Back then I didn't know any advance tech, I just played. Now after several years of practice, I play competitively and the rivalry has now switched to my wife, who is a master at the game. My brain's gotta be firing on all cylinders to beat her haha.

5. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    MvC is indeed an arcade classic.

But I suppose my favorite fighting game is probably MK2. No, I take that back. MK9 was great. It delved deep into the MK lore from the previous entries and delivered a solid experience.

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks was also incredibly fun, but that's more of a beat 'em up then a real fighter.

But Street Fighter 2 is also way up there on my list. Killer Instinct on Xbox One is also rather well done.

6. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I can't imagine Tekken 3 will ever be topped as my all-time favorite fighter. I sank so many hours into that game when I was a kid, much to my parents' chagrin. Special shoutout to TMNT: Tournament Fighters on the SNES.

Life likes this.
  7. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    I think I have to give an honorable mention to Mortal Kombat vs. DC. That game was just so much fun. It didn't bother me that there were no fatalities, because the fighting and transitions in arenas were so over the top. Sub-Zero, with a new and never again seen ability to teleport, was god-like. Raiden was also great to use. I think most, if not all, the characters were given justice.

Also, the story mode was interesting. Interesting how, IIRC, Batman was able to defeat Liu Kang, Raiden, and Scorpion.

8. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    I'm a really sucker for the Street Fighter 2 games and the Alpha series. Oh look:

I will be very tempted to get this on Switch.

Ezio Skywalker and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  9. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    Street Fighter for me; just lots of fond memories of really close matches fought against friends (one of my friends plays Zangief really well, and so I take Guile and we heat up the cold war, Ryu vs Ken match ups are a highlight too). If I was to pick a specific game in the franchise, it would be Super Street Fighter 2, which had a great roster with Fei Long, T Hawk etc for the first time and was one of the first games I bought with my own money (it was pretty expensive too!).

I also really admired Virtua Fighter 3 and 4 but I honestly was never as good at playing it as I wanted to be.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014