main
side
curve

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Force Ghost star 6

Dec 7, 2014
    Just noticed that at the arrival to Coruscant, in the background we can see Jar-Jar waving his face in front of one of the Senate Guards, like he's trying to elicit a reaction, like the Royal Guards in London:

[​IMG]

2. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2013
    Started a watch through of the films in the lead up to TLJ like many others are doing.

In TPM I just noticed that when Jar Jar surrenders at the Battle of Naboo there are PK Droids that seem to be piling up destroyed Battle Droids in the background.

Hoping I'll notice some more interesting things I haven't seen before when I watch AOTC tomorrow.

3. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Most of my favorite scenes come from ROTS.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These Anakin scenes are by far my favorite in all the PT, and I think most people appreciate them.

Specifically Anakin and Padme staring out into Coruscant-- they're complete juxtapositions of each other. He's contemplating, pre-mediating the betrayal he's about to commit and I think she knows they haven't been united in awhile. I've always wondered if Anakin could feel her despair here, if it egged him on at all. If somehow she was communicating, even without knowledge, to him through the force. The sun is setting on the old Republic symbolizes his turn from light, to it rising in the Empire, along with his new persona as Vader. This whole scene also parallels with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in TPM staring out at twilight, too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A little morbid scene to be one of my favorites, I know, but I just find it tragically beautiful. Padme looks so youthful and happy, completely opposite of her heartbreak and end. I love she's holding onto Anakin's snippet that he made back in TPM so she would remember him when he went off to become a Jedi. The emotional impact of this is one of the strongest in the series, I feel.

4. General Green

General Green Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2017
    I always liked those two clone pilots' bodies being sucked into space after their ship was destroyed in the beginning of Revenge of the Sith. That little detail when I first saw that as a kid, I thought, "oh my god, that's dark". It was just a taste that what we were seeing in ROTS was going to be a bit more intense than what we had seen Star Wars be before.

5. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Not an image, but the position of Nute Gunray as Viceroy of the Trade Federation is particularly interesting, at least for The Phantom Menace. The definition of viceroy basically means a ruler exercising authority on behalf of a sovereign. Now, either there was basically a king of the Trade Federation (with Gunray acting in his stead)...or his position predicts Palpatine's future status as Emperor (even though he wasn't one yet) since Gunray was acting in Sidious's stead in TPM (blockading, invading and ruling Naboo).

Darthman92 likes this.
  6. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Any time Yoda's ears moved. I thought that was such a nice bit of body language and made him even more endearing to me.

7. MoffJacob

MoffJacob Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 25, 2015
    For some reason, the cantina of Coruscant of Ep II is my fav little moment of the PT
    a real bar for real people acting like people, not seedy bars for criminals and fugitives or ships full of military personnel

Sith Lord 2015 and Senator Wan like this.
  8. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I had a similar reaction as a kid as well. I remember in the theater when that happened I was like "Wait, is that supposed to happen in Star Wars." That indeed was a foreshadowing of things to come as I also remember that same night I was quite frightened by the Anakin burning in lava scene.

9. Darth Eisner

Darth Eisner Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2018
  10. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2011
    This was talked about in '05, but on the Invisible Hand when Grievous breaks the window and almost sucks everyone out of the ship, if you look closely you can see Anakin helping Obi-Wan grab on and avoid losing his grip.

Blink-and-you'll-miss-it detail adding some depth to their dynamic.

11. Princess Of Manchester

Princess Of Manchester Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2018
    [​IMG]

I love this dress.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  12. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 8, 2018
    "Goodbye old friend, and may the Force be with you"

...and you know that it's the last time they meet as friends and brothers

13. Matty20172018

Matty20172018 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 20, 2017
    I have a fetish for Lucas's Digital Clone Troopers in Episodes II and especially in III. They are clearly digital, of course. They have a slightly weirdish, cartoonish feel, about them, but I think it fits the mood of the prequel films in a way.

These are kids films, they are eccentric films, they are outlandish films. Realism is not exactly completely necessary in Star Wars!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  14. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    In Attack of the Clones, once Watto realizes the Jedi standing before him is his former slave, Anakin Skywalker, he immediately asks him to help round up a bunch of deadbeats who owe Watto a lot of money.

This tells me Watto must think the Jedi are a bunch of very powerful space mercs. Just something I realized literally five minutes ago.

15. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 27, 2016
    There's an interesting running dilemma through the movies which seem to draw parallels between the Clones and the Tusken Raiders. In that both are seen by some in-universe as expendable or somehow less than human, therefore making their deaths less consequential.

Also interesting that Amidala was against the Military Creation Act, only for the clones to save her life. While at the same time she harbored Anakin's secret slaughter of the Tuskens as a crime of passion which he committed after not being able to save his mother's life. Only to later slaughter Jedi with the Clones in hopes of obtaining the power to save Padmé's life.

The questionable ethics and tragedy of Padmé being part of the secret out of love mirrors the questionable ethics and tragedy in the clones being used as cannon fodder as excusable since they are man-mad men bred for combat in a time of war.

All is fair in love and war.

Machines making machines. Men making men. Jedi making Jedi. Jedi killing Tuskens. Jedi leading clones to war. Clones killing Jedi. Jedi killing Jedi.

yodaman_reborn likes this.
  16. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    Little detail: Lars makes eye contact with the camera for a split second.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  17. DarthKeithSkywalker

DarthKeithSkywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 5, 2015
    This is my absolute favorite because you can see the Alec Guinness reference they were going for. Obi-Wan becoming Ben.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  18. MarcJordan

MarcJordan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2014
    This has probably missed most people (not that Im boasting because I just realized this cool tid bit), but the Eopie scenes from Ep. 1 and 3 are amazingly linked. Check this out.

Obi Wan: "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life form?"
    Qui Gon: "It's the boy who's responsible for getting us these parts"

[​IMG]

Then lo and behold!

[​IMG]

It's Obi Wan again...getting down from an Eopie carrying.....LUKE!"

It's this boy who's responsible for blowing up the Death Star decades later....

Pathetic life form???? Obi Wan, you picked up the savior! :D

Cheers!

MJ

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Host, PT Interview Thread star 10 VIP - Game Host

Feb 18, 2014
    Something I just noticed in my rewatch of AOTC today is that you can see Jango’s helmet on the floor of Slave 1 when he is flying in the asteroids

Senator Wan and MarcJordan like this.
  20. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    C3P0: "I am programmed to understand humans!"

C3P0 in Return of the Jedi " It's against my programming to impersonate a deity!"

Somehow I picked this up. I just like the nuance.

MJ

21. Darth Thing

Darth Thing Jedi Padawan

Dec 22, 2015
    Obi-Wan doing a flying kick on Jango.

22. MarcJordan

Nov 17, 2014
    Premise:

OBIWAN: Is it in their nature to make us wait this long?
    QUI GON: I find an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade dispute. (for the Jedi the trade dispute is trivial stuff-They're wrong)

============================================================

AMIDALA : Beware, Viceroy....the Federation is going too far this time.
    NUTE : Your Highness, we would never do anything without the approval of the Senate. You assume too much.

AMIDALA : I think Count Dooku was behind it
    MACE: You know, M'Lady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He wouldn't assassinate anyone, it is not in his character. (for the Jedi, Dooku was respected so he wouldn't do such things. They're wrong)

Not surprising however, Qui Gon was closer. No wonder he can't be in the Jedi Council. (Note: Ki Adi - "Impossible. The Sith have been extinct for over a millennium." Mundi.

MJ

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
    Lady_Skywalker87 and Martoto77 like this.
  23. Senator Wan

Senator Wan Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 13, 2017
    The inclusion of Red Guards on this balcony at the start of the Clone War
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    Obi-Wan's line to Anakin towards the beginning of AOTC: "Why do I have the feeling you're going to be the death of me?"

MarcJordan likes this.
  25. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2018
    One small detail I've just noticed while watching ROTS, is that when Palpatine and Anakin are talking about Darth Plagueis, right after Palpatine says "Not from a Jedi" it cuts to Kashyyyk, and the Jedi Temple March Theme starts playing, foreshadowing Anakin's fall.

Senator Wan, MarcJordan and PCCViking like this.