main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
    I love this shot, where Master looks at his apprentice kneeling before the new Master.
    Especially in motion, it looks like Sidious knighting Anakin as Sith Lord.

[​IMG]

My favourite shots of Anakin from RotS.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    When Qui-Gon told Obi-wan, "I will do what I must ..." and he buttons up the whole subject with a little nod at him!

Master_Rebado and Subtext Mining like this.
  3. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    There’s a blaster shot behind Obi-Wan. This suggests that maybe some Jedi were in the Archives to protect the recordings they had and were met by clone troopers.

Master_Rebado and Tonyg like this.
  4. Frisco

Frisco Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 21, 2019
    The Padres have been keeping me very busy, indeed! But my love for STAR WARS remains!!!
    So, my absence, of late, has been quite unintentional, believe me. And, in answer to this thread,
    my favorite prequel detail is ... you guessed right! ... the casting! The Phantom Menace, especially:

[​IMG]

5. My young Padawan

My young Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 13, 1999
    [​IMG]
    I love this image. It is my favorite image of the PT.

6. TheAwsomur

TheAwsomur Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2019
    Gotta be this bad-to-the-bone clone:

[​IMG]

MarcJordan and Deliveranze like this.
  7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    These are great. My favorites among them are Anakin's anguish so visible on his face while killing the Separatists and the lower right hand corner. The music accompanying the march into the temple gives me goosebumps every time.

teamhansolo and KyleKartan like this.
  8. boonjj

boonjj Jedi Master star 1

Jan 21, 2016
    I just want to highlight this:

[​IMG]

- "You're impossibly out numbered."

This little 6 second shot shows the Geonosis battle in quite an unsettling manner, with the Jedi lightsabers truly overwhelmed by these rising alien creatures.

It's funny that people use the "it's so dense" thing as a meme when it's actually totally true, and it raises the quality of the visuals and helps fill out the large world and story being told.

9. boonjj

Jan 21, 2016
    3 seats, 2 people, symbolising that Palpatine has isolated Anakin from outside influence...

[​IMG]

10. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    A little fun gag in AOTC.

We are first introduced to Obi-Wan's dislike of flying when driving with Anakin.
    "You know I don't like it when you do that."
    "Sorry, master. I forgot you don't like flying."
    "I don't mind flying, but what you're doing is suicide!"

Obi-Wan denies his dislike of flying to his apprentice, hinting that it's Anakin's fault for making him squeamish.

Of course, we find out, Nope. Obi-Wan just hates it.

"Blast! This is why I hate flying."

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  11. boonjj

Jan 21, 2016
    I love that despite Anakin coming on so strongly, the moment Padmé makes it clear that she's not having it ("I will not give into this.") Anakin immediately stops and backs off. Padmé's reaction is one of surprise, and it seems in that moment she calculated that Anakin is more mature than he had so far appeared.

In fact earlier in the film she already commented that Anakin had "grown up", so clearly this was a pattern she was putting together.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  12. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Two things:
    I love in TPM when Anakin hands Padme the japor snippet and she tells him, "It's beautiful, but I don't need this to remember you by." That's the last we see of it until the final shot of Padme holding it during her funeral.
    Not only is it heartbreaking, but the camera is telling us that she kept it for 13 years even though she said she wouldn't need it.

Also, the 3 people Anakin loves most all say the same thing to him the last time he sees them in the PT.

Shmi: I love you. *dies*
    Padme: I love you *Obi-Wan appears*
    Obi-Wan: I loved you. *Anakin burns*

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Actually we see the snippet one other time, just after Anakin's first nightmare in ROTS, he highlights it to deflect Padme's questions :)

wobbits, Deliveranze and Count Yubnub like this.
  14. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Oh yes, your right. My bad. :p

Jedi Knight Fett and darkspine10 like this.
  15. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I remember when the 2005 CLone Wars Series was released and we got that Episode of Anakins Knightinghood. Anakin let 3PO bring his Padawan braid to Padme who puts it inside a small box which contains also the snippet from Ep I. Loved that Little Detail!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
  16. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    This thread is awesome. So much wallpaper!

MarcJordan and teamhansolo like this.
  17. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Not necessarily any specific movie moment, but during the production of the ROTS game, they brought in Hayden Christensen to help the game developers get Anakin's moves right. Jon Knoles notes how Hayden adds subtle character building into his fighting style by having him be arrogant about blocking and slouching his shoulders to show he doesn't care about his opponent. Interesting stuff.

18. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Dooku: "There are no bounty hunters here that I am aware of, the Geonosians don't trust them."

Obi-Wan: "Well who can blame them, but he is here I can assure you."

Haha, I love that little detail. Obi-Wan's gotta get in that little jab.

19. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Interesting how Anakin gets Padmé to come to him out of her fear of his dying.

And they have one of their happiest moments in their lives.
    [​IMG]

When later in RotS it is in reverse, and much darker.

I can't help but think of Othello and how he asked to be written of as "one who loved not wisely, but too well".

And also, what an infectious laugh Hayden has there.
    I'm glad we got to see this side of Anakin. And of the good times he and Padmé had together.

And how the PT progresses from child-like to dark with AotC blending to two.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Some of the little details I love about the Prequel Trilogy are the references to adventures that happen outside the movies. It just makes the Star Wars universe feel even bigger and exciting to me, adding that sense that things are always happening off-screen before, during, and after the movies. I love that aspect of the Prequel Trilogy world-building. Good examples of that for me are lines about Obi-Wan and Anakin just returning from a mission to Anison (which became the basis for an entire book) or the one in ROTS about Anakin rescuing Obi-Wan on Cato Nemoidia (we also got to see that play out in a book). it just gives the sense that so many lines in the Prequels could and have inspired their own stories.

I also like the little details of lines that seem to establish entire backstories and characterizations in a simple sentence or two. Like Obi-Wan's comment to Qui-Gon about how Qui-Gon would be on the Council if he would just follow the Code or Obi-Wan pleading with Qui-Gon not to defy the Council again. From that, we clearly get the sense that Qui-Gon is in the habit of clashing with the Council and even defying the Council. That tells us that Qui-Gon is something of a free spirit inclined to follow his own conscience rather than any strict Jedi rules about right or wrong. We also get a sense of Obi-Wan being frustrated and even pained by that tendency of Qui-Gon likely because he is a more conventional, rule-following personality than Qui-Gon. In that way, through simple sentences, we get to learn a lot about Qui-Gon's character, Obi-Wan's character, their relationship, and the backstory of Qui-Gon's clashes with the Council. Those little glimpses into the personalities and pasts of our characters are some of my favorite little details about the Prequel Trilogy.

21. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    When Obi-Wan says, "It was said that you would destroy the Sith, not join them!"

This line is very poignant. It makes you realize Obi-Wan doesn't even know why Anakin betrayed him. That only makes it more painful for Obi-Wan. The way Obi-Wan completely breaks down in vulnerability is haunting. Obi-Wan can't rationalize how this happened and he is almost pleading to Anakin to tell him why he killed so many people. For Obi-Wan, it doesn't add up and that uncertainty must hurt worse than knowing why Anakin did what he did.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  22. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    yes that whole scene is heartbreaking and well done, heightened by JW's score.

23. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Powerful post. You're right that while the audience can see why and how Anakin falls to the Dark Side, Obi-Wan doesn't get to really see or understand why Anakin, his best friend and brother, has fallen to the Dark Side. That makes everything all the more heartbreaking.

Deliveranze likes this.
  24. boonjj

Jan 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

This moment when Anakin and Padme leave for Naboo. Look at how happy they are! And Padme's laugh at that moment is so cute.

Meanwhile Obi-Wan and Panaka are watching them in the background like a pair of worried parents :p

25. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Panaka: “I’d be more worried about her, than him.”