main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your favorite little moment or detail in the PT? (image heavy)

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 30, 2015.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    It really is interesting to consider what traits Luke may have picked up from his Aunt and Uncle without knowing it.
    We as fans talk a lot about what he has in common with his biological parents, but despite their small role in the films he was raised 20 years with Owen and Buru and you have to wonder what impact they may have had on him.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Tonyg, Toddy and Starith like this.
  2. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    Well, in the Disney canon, Luke does end up a lot like Owen when he's older: a grumpy, grizzled uncle that has issues with his nephew, and ends up on a remote planet which he doesn't want to leave, and doesn't want anything to do with the Jedi. The youthful Luke who wanted to fly and follow his dreams ends up being... pretty much a more tragic Owen. Now there's a happy thought to have when rewatching ANH.

Also, after rewatching ROTS, one scene where I especially appreciated Hayden's performance is when Padmé gives him the news. His face is just this confusing well of emotions. You really wonder how Anakin felt about the idea of becoming a father.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Tonyg, Toddy, wobbits and 1 other person like this.
  3. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    “I can see there’s no fooling you, Ani.” Qui Gon can’t pull one over on Anakin as to why they are really there. It reminds me of when Anakin is Vader in ANH with Leia. “You weren’t any mercy mission this time!” There’s no fooling you Ani!

4. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Noticed a pattern of Anakin's face being obscured by his arm or a lightsaber in his RotS duels. It visually creates a brilliant sense of foreboding.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I love this!

6. Starwarsisover

Starwarsisover Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 18, 2017
    Wonderful scene. The movie has so many

7. Starwarsisover

Dec 18, 2017
    It’s a great pre cursor to the ROTS sequence which is very similar and tells the audience everything they need to know about the developing relationship between the two. I really like the extended sequence in the ROTS extras on Disney+

Chancellor Yoda and Deliveranze like this.
  8. takotsubo

takotsubo Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2020
    The ashes in the urns come to life

[​IMG]

Let me help you to know the subtleties of the Force

[​IMG]

Also: the red light on palpatine's chair.. reminds me a bit of hal 9000 from 2001: a space odyssey.. he is seeing everything.

[​IMG]

9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    As do I. Are these images sourced from the Blu-Ray? They appear darker and more contrasty than I remember those scenes looking.

10. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    They are from the 4K Blu-ray.

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Back in 2000 or 2001, I created a thread entitled “Will we see a Braveheart scene in Episode II?”, something to that effect. We knew AOTC would be the first to feature multiple Jedi in battle and many of us on the forums specifically wanted to see a Braveheart like charge reenacted but with Jedi. Anyway, sometime later TheForce.net posted a spy report from a Lucasfilm source that there would indeed be a Braveheart scene! If you watch the arena battle there is a brief scene of Jedi charging. There’s a good chance that scene was storyboarded long ago but I’d like to think we had an impact there. :)

12. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    ^ And lets not forget that fan trailer from 2001 that was posted on TFN that actually used that Braveheart battle charge with rotoscoped Lightsabers. Naive 14-year old me was convinced a lot of shots from that fan trailer were legit. I'm still a little bit upset Christopher Walken didn't end up playing a Sith.

Count Yubnub and Starwarsisover like this.
  13. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    Nsync were supposed to be in AOTC but their cameos were cut due to the fan outrage.

14. Starwarsisover

Dec 18, 2017
    I was obsessed with that trailer

Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    It was George's gift to his daughter Katie, who was a fan at the time. Odd that in nearly 20 years we've never seen any visual proof of them filming their cameo. Surely this would be something that could be show behind closed doors at a future Celebration with a "no filming" warning.

Here's an article that sheds some light on the whole thing.

16. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    I read it was Rick McCallum's daughter who wanted Nsync.

17. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Another one of my favourite little details is the cut from a wide shot to a medium shot precisely at the moment when Anakin falls on his knees during Shmi's funeral. This cut really accentuates that sense of loss sinking in and that of defeat that Anakin must feel. Just a very good choice.

[​IMG]

But I love that whole scene, which is so easily overlooked. I love the wipe cut from Anakin weeping to the camera tilting down, showing the vastness of the sky and of the (real!!!!) desert ("whereever vou are") until we see those who mourn her (it's become a better place"). The shot is perfectly timed. I also love the sober yet moving soundtrack that works well with the wind. It all flows perfectly. Very underrated.

18. The Togruta Jedi

The Togruta Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 22, 2020

“I truly, deeply love you” - Padme Amidala

Reasoning behind his is because it’s the first time we see Padme truly vulnerable and express her true feeling for Anakin; it also is the first time we see each of them only think of each other, after that moment we see Anakin’s focus begin to shift from just his Jedi aspirations but to his aspirations with Padme and his ultimate decision that power, is they only way to save the love of his life.

19. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    The Birth of Darth Vader
    [​IMG]
    I also love how Jango on Kamino mirrors Boba on Bespin.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    With how long this thread is I'm sure I won't being saying anything new here. Nevertheless, I take great delight in this shot of Anakin on Mustafar.

[​IMG]

The eclipsing sun is an especially nice touch. The whole shot feels like something from a dark fantasy novel.

21. Moonshield76

Moonshield76 Jedi Padawan star 1

Aug 21, 2020
    Father's path.

Tonyg and KyleKartan like this.