main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Favorite Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Yoda_da_Yoda, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoda_da_Yoda

Yoda_da_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    for authors who write more than 1 story, which is your favorite and why?

2. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    Victory Quest (link in sig).

I just completed it and it is my favorite because it was the most complicated and tough. Weird, huh?

3. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    "Renewal" (link in profile), which focuses on Myn Donos during Wraith Squadron. I don't really know why I like that one except that I think I really captured Myn's personality - it felt like he was talking for much of the time. And it was so much fun to write. ;)

4. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    [face_thinking]

That's a tough one...it's hard to say, only two are truly finished (one viggie, one full-length story), one is buried in the Beyond the Saga forum (not finished), one is a missing scenes thread for my stories in the Saga forum, another has two versions of the same story (one EU; one AU, which is not finished) on one thread, and the rest just aren't finished.

I'm thinking that whatever story I finally get some inspiration for becomes my favorite for a while, until inspiration for one of the other stories hits.

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    My favorite (and my most annoying) at the moment is Betrayal . It is complex, full of twists and turns. I especially like putting my two favorite Jedi (Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan) into an AU situation where they have to keep the same core of personality and yet react to completely different circumstances. Plus the evil Palpatine has managed to twist the Jedi Order into something unexpected. Hopefully, I'll finish it soon but I've been saying that for a year now and it just keeps getting longer... [face_whistling]

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I have too many to name just one . . . besides, it's like having a bunch of children and someone asking me which is my favourite. I can't really do it.

However, the ones that I have, overall, enjoyed the most are my more emotionally wrench ones . . . and that doesn't narrow it down, either, LOL!

Um . . .

My currently favourite, I would have to say, is my "Fidelis" series.

Dana

7. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Unable to Catch a Dream, baby! Woot. Yeah, well, I like it. It's the first story I actually plotted out on paper and actually kept reminding myself to keep the characters in character. Not to mention it's the first story I finished that was over five or so pages... and may I mention it's the first novel-length one I finished? Yes, I like it a lot. ;) I think I made some believeable characters in my OC's and gave a nice backstory to the Sabe/Obi-Wan angle. And, hopefully, I kept them in character. And guess what?

I FINISHED IT!

*has committment issues*

-Krystal

8. Jedikma

Jedikma Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    I write a lot of Obi-Wan and Siri stories. However, oddly enough, I would have to say that my favorite story so far is the only story I have written that isn't about Obi-Wan and Siri. It's about Anakin and a delivery he makes that will one day turn out to be part of Vader's undoing. I enjoyed the ironic twist of the story which is titled Anakin Delivers .

:)

9. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Besides the many stories that are still in working order, and will be finished once my comp problem is sorted out. I'd say Redemption, an AU based around Darth Maul. A few fun twists and such are in it that I really love. And the other would be a fic I've yet to post, titled The Gathering. It's still in early stages, but I am totally psyched about it. My help in that is Siri_Ruane, hopefully she'll be able to bring together what's missing.

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    By far All Angles is my favorite.

I've written the longer novels, and they're labors of love. Still All Angles is near and dear to my heart because I really got to dive into the head of my favorite character.

11. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    My favourite story is Trust in the Force. I've never been particularly good at world-building, but the "cash in advance" idea for the planet of Otoria was sheer inspiration.

12. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I'm going to say The Report.

It is an AOTC missing scene where (IMHO) I was able to write the characters as well as any professional writer. I've fiddled with it a few times since I last edited it online, and since it is locked, I might repost it. ;)

13. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Duel of the Fates - link in sig. My first story and my real epic, and the one that "put me on the map" as a FF writer.

-Tim

14. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    One in my sig. It's the most epic and adventurous out of all of them, and plus it's been written in the present, so my writing style has improved since I posted my first story.

15. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Anakin & Anakin because that one is the only one that really has any readers and I like writing a time travel fic with Anakin Solo and Tahiri going to meet Anakin Skywalker.

16. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I think if we're talking about solo efforts rather than contributions to Round Robins, I'd plump for
    As Long as there is Hope . I rather enjoy this one despite the grim nature of the story and it was fun to let Qui-Gon take centre stage for once! :)

17. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Every story by TKeira_Lea . Other stories are great too but her are the best.

18. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Favorite Obidala I have written: Sacrifice

Favorite Sabewan story I have written:

A year ago, it was Defining Us my first Sabewan novella but now, it's the not-yet-posted sequel Fallen Angels.

My favorite Jag & Jaina story, The Sweetest Thing

~aeryn

19. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004
    mine is unable to catch a dream because well i just love romance flicks hope's sanctuary is almost as good

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Thusfar, it would have to be In the Shadow of the Chosen: The Obi-Wan Kenobi Saga. I like most of my stories, but this one's just deeper character and theme-wise. I've put my heart into it and it's going to be a long journey before it's complete.

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    That's a tough decision. Hrm still I have to think that my favorites are in my sig. Repercussions is a little bit more on top though because I've just put so much work into it. I started it this time last year and just like Diane's Betrayal it keeps getting bigger :p However my lil qui fic was also a fav because it just came together exactly how I wanted lol.

22. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    Well, I've had lots of fun writing all my stories, but I guess my favorite is The Lost Ones .

It's my favorite because I love angst and it was interesting to write a post-RotJ AU where Luke had problems with redeemed Anakin.

Kristeh

23. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Actually, my fave fanfic was one I wrote in the HDM fandom... eh heh...
    But out of my SW ones...
    Either Celebrations (which I.. haven't posted here) or the high school one (which I... also haven't posted here, and won't)
    Out of the ones here, Reparation.

Wow, I really need to post more fics here...
    *goes off to do that now*

24. Yoda_da_Yoda

Yoda_da_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2002
    so it seems like ur favorites are based on ur liking them & not their popularity, right?

25. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hmm, I guess Sacrifice (link in sig) because it's something that deals with handmiadens and I always thought that handmiadens never got enough recognition in the movies and all.

:Targeter:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.