main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    As we get more information on The Mandalorian I thought it would be a good idea to start thinking of ideas for the next live action series. Granted I don’t think they’ll start production right away given they’ve spent a long time already on this one and they said they’d slow down production which I assume meant everything including shows. Still people sharing their ideas can be a fun idea and exercise while we wait. Originally I was trying to conceive a show set in the Clone Wars in the Unknown Regions (I know people thought it would be Ezra and Thrawn but I felt that’s for actual creators themselves to figure out because they more than likely will) but I had difficulty of coming up with ideas and characters and fan casting. I may get back to it at some point. Basically it would have been the Star Wars answer to Star Trek: Voyager. After watching this video though I thought of something that would work as a series rather than a film:

Basis behind the series: I’d make a Palpatine series that details his rise as a young Senator and his tutelage under Darth Plagueis. It would be more of an attempt to canonise the Plagueis novel but would add original elements so it could be still somewhat original and not just an adaptation of the book. The beats would be similar and characters can carry over but maybe changes in the story when necessary and adding new characters to fill the place of others and some new roles entirely. It’d be a political drama show like House of Cards or Game of Thrones and if written and directed right could be more interesting than what the films provided as I know that’s often a criticised element of the Prequels so how would you convince people to watch a show based around that?

Basic Plot: A young man named Sheev Palpatine is part of a noble family on Naboo but is persuaded into not joining the political circle by his father despite the young man’s interest. Eventually Palpatine meets a mysterious individual named Plagueis who vows to teach him everything he knows about the Dark Side of the Force. With Plagueis as his Sith Master and another ally as his political mentor Palpatine will grow and change from an idealistic but still ambitious young man who wants change to a man determined to see through his own legacy as he is led down the dark path that will lead him to one day become the most feared and powerful leaders the galaxy has ever seen.

Cast (As always / means I have more than one choice for the role):

Sheev Palpatine/Darth Palpatine: Tom Holland/Freddie Highmore (I’m imagining the series going for a few years to tell the story similar to the Plagueis novel but it would be more about Palpatine than Plagueis so I’m picking young actors who can age with the roles they are required for. Ian McDiarmid could maybe voice an older Palpatine in the beginning as a framing device for how it begins and maybe again appear in the final episode)

Hego Damask/Darth Plagueis: Jared Harris/Charles Dance (Plagueis will be portrayed through motion capture more than likely. My choices I’m picking for any casting choices are kind of random and some obvious but really if it were up to me they’d surprise me with casting choices)

Cosinga Palpatine: Mark Strong/Marc Warren (Palpatine’s father would probably have an extended role as would the rest of his family. I don’t remember how big their role is as I haven’t read the book in awhile and I’m still reading it because I put off and get back to it whenever I don’t have something else to read)

Vidar Kim: Ciaran Hinds/David Thewlis (While the name is Vidar Kim I’m imagining this as a different character that fills the same role. I don’t think every character would be the same as the book because they’d probably change it for canon and also new characters would be created and this would be one of those a new character and new name but I just couldn’t think of one)

11-4D: Michael Emerson (Voice.)

Kinman Doriana: Jack Lowden (Again I wasn’t sure whether to bring this character back into canon or make it an original character. Again I don’t remember where he and Pestage come into the novel I might not even be there yet and how big their parts would be but they’d be expanded for the show as two of Palpatine’s allies and friends)

Sate Pestage: Barry Keoghan (Again similar to what I wrote above with Doriana)

Unnamed Female Friend of Palpatine: Charlotte Hope/Olivia Cooke (I don’t have a name or back story but this would be the female lead opposite Palpatine. She’d be one of his friends maybe even a love interest who like the other characters will grow and have her own story. I’m trying to remember if there were any Legends characters that could fill this role but I can’t think right now but again it’s part of making it different and not entirely the book canonised)

Palpatine’s sister: Bella Ramsay (Again I can’t remember much about Palpatine’s family but he had two sisters in the book in the series I’d only give him one younger sibling. One that will eventually have to grow up and change and be killed off to further his story)

Darth Tenebrous: Doug Jones (A good portion of the beginning of Plagueis because it’s about him as much as Palpatine details the stuff with his master. This would be cut down and maybe given in flashes in some episodes before we get a full episode maybe devoted solely to Plagueis and his master)

Darth Venamis: Jason Flemyng (Picking Flemyng and Jones was ultimately down to the fact they would be small roles and they could work for characters like this and can portray them through makeup)

Palpatine’s mother: Miranda Otto (Again the role of Palpatine’s mother would be expanded for the show. Not much else to say really)

Overall sum up: In conclusion the show would probably run for a few seasons that would be enough to detail the history. Allow the young actors to grow as the characters. Now the big thing is whether it would do what the novel does and cover the prior events of the Phantom Menace? Where Plagueis is alive up until Palpatine becomes Chancellor. I don’t know if he should be killed then and there or a little earlier? Again I haven’t finished the book so there’s probably some stuff I’m missing. Of course there is room to expand on characters like ones that aren’t mentioned here or ones that can be invented. As some people know I try to cast to find a role for Hayley Atwell in some capacity but just because she wasn’t part of the main cast doesn’t mean I wouldn’t find something for her to potentially play.

So that’s my not well thought out idea for a show what are yours?

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They have said nothing about slowing down the shows. I think they have even said the opposite

clone commander bossk likes this.
  3. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I would rather have previously unseen characters who can expand the GFFA. Maybe a freighter crew traveling around and getting into stuff.

Sarge and Lee_ like this.
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Teenage Jedis In Love

Set between Episodes 8 and 9.
    Rey's new Jedi School for Oversexed Teenagers goes on adventures. Both of the Saving the Galaxy, and also of the more Romantic kind.

Evils will be fought. Hearts will be broken. Brooding young Knights of Ren will be smouldering and bare chested (with nipples in unnatural places).

PS, I liked the original poster's idea of Kim Vader
    A weekly half hour sitcom, about the day to day life of a young Korean Sith Lord girl, just trying to get by in New York.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    Lee_ and Bor Mullet like this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I would say KOTOR, but I’d rather that be a movie trilogy. What about a Sith anthology about the ones preceding Sidious?

6. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Agent of the Empire.

7. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    If it was based on the *amazing* Dark Horse comic, I would be all over this.

8. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd like an update of KOTOR 2 set in the aftermath of the Clone Wars with the lead waking up from a coma aboard a mining station with no idea how they got there.
    Eventually reveal one of Dooku's darkside adepts was responsible for their amnesia with neither aware of Order 66.
    We learn a group of commando droids intended as her guards reactivated whilst they were unconscious landing at the mining station before infiltrating and eventually killing most of the people aboard.
    The station crew retrieved the unconscious survivors of the ship to their medical bay unaware of their true nature.
    The hero/heroine frees another survivor eventually remembering she had been a Jedi Padawan whose master was killed and she was captured by the Adept who summons aid unaware Dooku is dead and the Empire is in charge.
    They eventually flee aboard the repaired freighter barely escaping before the Empire arrives promptly blowing up the station rather than check it out properly.
    Keep the cgi to the the droids and weapon fire with minimal lightsaber use as it should be seen as a survivor horror movie with potential for a sequel.

9. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Personally I think the absolute best thing they could do would be to take the anthology idea from the films and bring that to television. Each episode could be a different story, or they could do a seasonal anthology too. Want a heist mission with young Han and Chewie, but don't want to spend the money on a film? That could be an episode. A small adventure with Poe set before TFA? That could be an episode. Finn's Stormtrooper training? And episode. Hux backstory? Episode. Ben and Luke training? Episode. The Wild adventure of a Jawa and an Ewok falling in love? The valentines episode.

Have fun with it. Tell stories. Be creative. :)

cwustudent likes this.
  10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    well lets look at the MCU series they announced for the streaming service
    - Loki and Scarlet witch
    - Bucky and Falcon
    speculation of Heroes for Hire after the Netflix cancellation of iron fist and Luke Cage

so we got one villain the rest are heroes 3 potential team up shows

so if we follow this pattern with Star Wars and we get
    - The Mandalorian
    - ?
    - ?
    - ?

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    After looking at the MCU offerings I think we'll (eventually) see another live action series or two and another animated series once the final Clone Wars season is complete.

Animated I think the streaming service is where we'll see the Rebels follow on, with Ezra, Thrawn, Sabine, and Ahsoka's stories playing out. Live action could be anything and really depends where they're planning to go with the RJ trilogy and B&W's new saga. I'd love to see an Underworld series set after Solo. You could have Crimson Dawn with Maul and Qi'ra, you could bring back Han, Chewie and Lando for more adventures, Jabba, Boba Fett and the bounty hunters. You could even bring back Obi-Wan here if they aren't planning a movie (they really should do a movie). Maul seemed to hate Kenobi more than ever in Rebels, maybe he cost him his criminal empire and stranded him on Malachor?

I'd love a series based on Legacy but that really depends how the ST ends and what future movie plans are.

12. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    A CASSIAN ANDOR ROGUE ONE PREQUEL SERIES.

Merric, Darth Smurf and Outsourced like this.
  13. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    OH MY GOD DO I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU

14. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    So we now have television shows that potentially surround the Star Wars Underworld and the Star Wars Spy/Espionage worlds.

IMO, another big area that also needs to be checked off surrounds the "mythical" aspects of the Star Wars universe - by that I mean Force Users, Jedi, Sith, lightsabers, etc.

Surely then we have something for everyone to love and enjoy.

Baron_Papanerd and GregMcP like this.
  15. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    A Dr. Aphra show, or a Rae Sloane show? or both? Pretty Please Disney!!

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  16. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Ok hands up...... who picked Cassian?! ;-)

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Also Enfys Nest and the Cloud Riders. Qi'ra rising up the ranks of the Crimson Dawn.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  18. Welsh Hero

Welsh Hero Jedi Knight star 1

May 14, 2016
    A Qi'ra\Darth Maul series.

A Han solo smugglers tv show

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    DarthRosie likes this.
  19. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Take the characters who were supposedly going to receive spin-off movies and give them a limited series instead. Obi-Wan and Lando mini-series would be great in my book.

20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Avnar and TheMoldyCrow like this.
  21. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    Well, it seems like Ian McDiarmid has an idea for another series.

22. Sigismund

Sigismund Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 16, 2018
    a palpatie series would actually be a great idea
    I was also thinking a inferno squad one (or general empire military one) since the book was a massive waste of a great premise

23. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    A series from the Empires perspectives, following a group of stormtroopers.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    alright lets get this over the way. I would love Maul centric tv show like Loki is getting. but instead of following the events of solo Qira like some have suggested. I instead would love a Maul tv show with him rebuilding his criminal empire and being the most ruthless crimeboss. See him in the underworld with most dangerous individuals. And in this show we could still have clone troppers and jedi. Lets see how he deals with his enemies and how he got from the under dog to the top dog. Maybe he wipes out his old allies in black sun and the pykes and creates new ones. It could be something of gangster/mob tv series with Maul as the lead. Lets see him use his brains as mutch as his strenght. Maul is quite charming when he wants to be.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  25. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd watch the Palpatine series suggested in the first post. It would have to be aimed at older viewers (adults) though.

Darkslayer and cwustudent like this.