main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    This sounds like something Filoni could do at some point. But honestly I would find it more interesting to see very old Mandalorian stories instead, like how this Tarre Viszla became jedi-mandalorian. Some Old Republic stuff like that would be awesome really. Jedi vs. mandalorians stuff.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This one feels like a no-brainer after all the attention that has been given to the darksaber in recent years.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love a Tarre to be like the ancient version of Anakin.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I absolutely want this too, but maybe as a movie (with the potential for sequels).

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  5. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Would be interesting if Tarre would try to combine jedi and mandalorians as sort of tragic hero, instead of falling to dark side like Anakin.

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Film...TV.... I'm not bothered, just make it Dave!!!
    [​IMG]

7. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I’d love to see a show about Luke’s Jedi academy. Show us how he decided on a planet, how he built it and how he found his first students. Or it could just be a show that follows Luke and his students around on adventures. This could be live action or animated (as long as it’s more like Clone Wars and The Bad Batch).

Another show I’d love to see is one about Rey after the events of TROS, starting her own Jedi academy.. I know most want the ST to go away because it wasn’t great. I say embrace what was made, expand on it and make it better. Do what the Clone Wars cartoon did for the PT. Again, this could be live action or animated.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I doubt that most want the ST to go away, it's just that there are a few who are very loud about that.

One issue that might work against such an idea is that it might limit future movies in their storytelling. As of right now, any movie that follows on the ST is free to follow any path they might come up with. A tv-show that works with these characters takes that away, forcing the next movies to adhere to what happened in the tv-show. So instead of movies setting the general storyline, suddenly the "lesser" format forces certain decisions upon them. You could obviously work around that by first developing the overall story-arc for the next movies, and then have a tv-show that bridges the gap between ST and SST with the upcoming storyline already in mind.

QsAssistant likes this.
  9. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    the first Jedi a very plot driven not episodic show live action, if they don’t make a movie out of this then a show

a show that focuses on a human female sith user and how she turns to the dark side and becomes an important character later in the future movies kind of similar to what the mcu does.

10. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Has anyone else heard the rumors/speculation about a possible Inquisitors' show? Whether or not the spec is real, I love the idea.

Vader sending his minions out to clean up the surviving Jedi. The rumor is the Inquisitors will come for Kenobi on his show, or he will have an encounter with them.

11. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I saw this on some random website and thought that would be a neat animated show.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  12. SW77

SW77 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2021
    Yep:
    https://thathashtagshow.com/2021/06/16/exclusive-inquisitors-show-in-development-for-disney/

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    OK, but, for the love of all that's sensible and believable, lose the stupid spinny helicopter saber things. [face_not_talking]

14. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I don't mind that they spin, but it is just awful when they fly.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If we see some of them live action just do what Fallen Order did.

16. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    I would really like if there was a film or series with few or no humans at all, and the main character is a female twilek. I would like it to be very strange, with lots of crazy puppet creatures and characters. It should feel very alien and offbeat, and really give the idea that this is in a different Galaxy.

17. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Something with no humans at all, in the vein of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance with The Jim Henson Company in charge of the puppetry and animatronics.

EDIT: Huh, guess I should have read the above post before making mine. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
    Count Yubnub and paradigmes like this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't see any star wars show without any humans, it cost too mutch with the budget.

19. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    Ha! We think the same.

I love Dark Crystal and the Netflix show also. It was so sad that it was cancelled! I think that Disney Star Wars should think about getting more creative with the alien and creatures because they haven't really been too inspire.

Darth__Lobot and bstnsx704 like this.
  20. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Agreed. The Neal Scanlan stuff has been technically impressive but design wise, not all that interesting unfortunately. And basically every alien we've been seeing in the films has had human flesh tones. Where are all the fun, wild colored aliens?

The Mandalorian has had the best alien/creature stuff of the Disney era thus far but there's always room to keep improving on that front.

paradigmes likes this.
  21. paradigmes

Jun 9, 2021
    Yes. I think that they had perfect chance to get more crazy with creatures in the Solo film. Remember he tells Obi-Wan and Luke that he seen "a lot of strange stuff". Disney could have had much more fun with him surrounded by really far out alien puppet designs of the criminal underworld I think.

22. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Han’s old boss was a vampire worm lady.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  23. ExplorCorps

ExplorCorps Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2021
    I would really like to see an anthology tv show, animated in the style of clone wars / the bad batch that follows different characters in the Jedi Service corps. What happens if someone doesn't end up being a knight is such an under-explored area of the star wars universe.

There could be a few distinct groups that the series would follow, one in the exploration corps, which would follow a group of more experiences jedi as they expanded the orders knowledge of the wider universe. Another could follow the agricultural corps, where the characters could start the season in a conflict riddled region of some far flung planet, and over the course of a season bring life back to the region (with some side stories along the way).

One of the things that I really enjoyed about the clone wars was the sheer breadth of characters and worlds that were explored. I really enjoy when star wars expands its lore, and an anthology series is perfect for that. Especially for the group of characters in the Exploration Corps, they would be discovering and learning about new, as yet undiscovered worlds all the time! And not every planet would have sentient life, but maybe they might have evidence of something happening in the past, interesting ruins or rock carvings for example. Think a combination of Clone wars and Indiana Jones

There could be a lot of room for interesting character development too, for instance, what would happen to the group dynamics if a padawan who failed their knight trials a few to many times was forced into joining the group? What would coming to terms with their new reality be like for the new member of the service corps?

In my mind I am picturing this series starting roughly 10 years before the end of the clone wars., like the clone wars show, time wouldn't necessarily be linear with the episode release order, so there would be some jumping around.

There could potentially be some post clone wars stuff too, which you could hand wave away by saying that none of these characters are what the galaxy at large considers to be a Jedi anyway, so they weren't hunted down as vigorously as the knights were

Sarge likes this.
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The Bible of Bibble
    The Novella of Nute
    The Poem of Poggle

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    darkspine10 likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'm hoping that the Rogue Squadron movie is such a big hit it leads to a TV series. They'll already have sets, costumes, and props, so that will keep the costs reasonable, and most of the characters will already be established. Hopefully they can keep the same actors in the same roles too.

Riv_Shiel likes this.