main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Oh please no. That's been done, and Harry Potter was the only one that did a decent job of it. I guarantee it would devolve into JA 90210. [face_sick]

Vader Bob and InterestingLurker like this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    An animated acedemy series with Luke and Ben Solo.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I don't want a Kyle Katarn series, but I do want a series with Kyle Katarn in it at one point. Maybe in a different era entirely? Like... The Ninth Jedi era?

And make him non-white, like Arab or something.

I know, I know, it may be seen as a "cheap move" but too many old EU characters are... Well, white. Besides, I kinda like the idea that in this universe, Kyle Katarn is sorta-different, sorta-the-same. Also, whenever I play games, RPGs, that sort of thing, I don't imagine the character I'm playing as "white" even when they clearly are. And I feel that we kinda don't have enough "Arab" or "MENA" characters in Star Wars as it is.

Idk, maybe controversial; I don't mind, say, turning comic-book heroes a different color. Think: Aquaman, whose played by an indigenous actor.

Anyways: a Stormtrooper-turned-Jedi would be an interesting thing to see on-screen, by the way.

The Chalk Jedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Something about Corellia and the invention of the hyperdrive, HAS to have David Tennant and Karen Gillam.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    At some point, someone will introduce a talking spaceship into the Star Wars universe. Search your feelings, you will know it to be true. It is unavoidable. It is your destiny.

And why not? It’s already been established that the Millennium Falcon can talk, but it communicates in a “most peculiar dialect.” There’s no reason why a spaceship’s board computer can’t be equipped with the same kind of voice synthesizer as, for instance, protocol droids (or other types of droids) have.

just imagine, a TV series about a Jedi Knight and a talking spaceship, traveling around the galaxy, fighting brigands, rescuing folks in distress, getting into talking spaceship gags. It’ll be tubular.

[​IMG]

GregMcP likes this.
  6. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    "The Ship Who Sang". A novel by Anne McCaffrey

"Helva had been born human, but only her brain had been saved—saved to be schooled, programmed, and implanted into the sleek titanium body of an intergalactic scout ship. But first she had to choose a human partner—male or female—to share her exhilarating escapades in space!

Her life was to be rich and rewarding . . . resplendent with daring adventures and endless excitement, beyond the wildest dreams of mere mortals.

Gifted with the voice of an angel and being virtually indestructible, Helva XH-834 anticipated a sublime immortality.

Then one day she fell in love!"

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    Sarge and Count Yubnub like this.
  7. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    but y

8. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Well why not? Besides, it would be fun!

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Why should it be seen as a “cheap move” or controversial for a fictional Star Wars character to be non-white? Don’t let the racists in the fandom give you pause. Just ignore them.

10. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
  11. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Good point!

Yes, I'm tired of listening to what some upper-middle-class white Gen Xer from the 1980s who barely remembers the anti-apartheid movement taking place around the world during his more formative years and thinks that every non-white/BIPOC character is a conspiracy against the white race.

I grew up with that (not believing it, mind you) and it's not fun.

12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I want to see a series with Rey, bb8, and d-o.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Seldes_Katne likes this.
  13. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I like the Kyle Katarn idea. It's what we should have had with FInn, and still could. But white male directors somehow couldn't imagine this would be interesting. Well, maybe if JJ had had all three films.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
  14. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    I'd watch this. If nothing else, to find out what happened to D-O after TRoS. (And of course because I like all three characters.)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  15. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Shmi - The First Skywalker

Anakin's Daddy likes this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Mara Jade and the resurrection of Luke Skywalker

17. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    Star Wars: Vader. Start it immediately after the events of Revenge of the Sith. This is my dream series. …and I think once fans see Vader in the Kenobi series there will be even more hype for this.

18. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Wouldn't that contradict the vader comics?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  19. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Not if it doesn't.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't you should ever have a darth Vader series, he works best in small doses.

21. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    The Story about how the Jedi started to think the Sith became extinct.

Sproj and Lulu Mars like this.
  22. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I mentioned a couple of years back that a "Rise and fall of the Sith Empire" series could be really interesting. I definitely think something like that will be made one day.

23. Wu Wei Jedi

Wu Wei Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 8, 2021
    I imagine the Jedi and Sith of this age were the real deal .Very different from the Jedi and hidden Sith which never fought each other over the course of a thousand years.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  24. quiller

quiller Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2005
    Can we see what happened with Cade Bane but I imagine too close to mandalorian. Other wise old republic era and the fall of the Sith

25. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015