main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I’d like a series about a Jedi, their young padawan and a couple of hangers on venturing into the Unknown Regions and slowly discovering the weird, wonderful and nightmarish stuff that’s waiting. Sort of a Lost in Space/Made in Abyss style journey into mystery.

MercenaryAce and Mostly Handless like this.
  2. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I think KK hinted that the upcoming SW movies (Waititi, Jenkins & Feige) would be set post ST.
    https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/star-wars-future-sequel-trilogy-era-movies/

I like the idea of a movie setting up a TV series tho, (which we're sort of getting with Andor)

We might be getting something like that with Skeleton Crew.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No, we have determined that Skeleton Crew is going to be Owen and Beru's skeletons standing up and fighting opponents like they're in Jason and the Argonauts.

4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    DJ: A DJ Story

5. DarthPivot

DarthPivot Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 30, 2016
    Why can't they give us a Darth Vader limited series? Too dark, too violent? This is what the people want! We can see the the relationship with Palpatine and the managing of the Empire or battles with rebels. I'm getting nervous that the cunning, ruthless, intelligent, powerful Darth Vader of the OT will never be connected to the PT/EU portrayal. Having him lost yet again to Obiwan was a gaff we may not be able to recover from.

gezvader28 and Cos Palpatine like this.
  6. Cos Palpatine

Apr 5, 2022
    I'd like to see a Vader series, perhaps animated, set right after ROTS with the premise being Darth Vader hunting down high profile rogue Jedi across the galaxy.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  7. beskarmando8

beskarmando8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2022
    I would like a (legends) series that would be basically just the cancelled Sword of the Jedi trilogy.

8. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Probably because its tough to do a story about a villain. I think to do something like that the villains needs his own rival. And you kinda need to side by the villain to achieve a goal.

But then I also think there is this belief that too much Vader would hurt the character

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Breaking Bad and The Sopranos are two shows about despicable people. They work because of brilliant writing, directing, acting, etc. So it can definitely be successful.

Riv_Shiel and Cos Palpatine like this.
  10. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    Mysteries of the Sith, a show set 2 or 3 decades after the ST about a crew of Jedi and scientists searching for possibly still hidden Sith planets and artefacts in the Unknown Regions to prevent a possible return of Palpatine or other Sith.

May also feature species like the Yuuzhan Vong, Rakata and dangers like Mnggal Mnggal for example.

Gesendet von meinem TA-1053 mit Tapatalk

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Yeah I'd like a Vader / Palpatine series , I mean this is their time , a sort of House of Cards story for Palps and hunting rebels.

12. DarthPivot

Jul 30, 2016
    I'm guessing the Disney folks do worry exposing Vader too much. The character's back story is highly criticized and still trying to figure out how multifaceted the character is? I can understand not wanting to alienate fans if they see a suited Vader crying over Padme. The more revealed about him, the more mocked, sad and pathetic he seems. The OT Vader is truly lost.

I also agree a villain can work as main character - but that also touches on Disney's image and Lucas' original intention - this is supposed to be entertainment for children. That makes it tough to do a Vader show for them - Breaking Bad or Sopranos are not the type of shows Disney does. Though both are regarded as great TV. I read the Clone Wars was originally cancelled because the show had "aged up" and gotten away from catering to the younger demographic. Frustrating they want to keep it like this for older fans, but there is a balance that to be explored if that's Disney's main hang up.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    Sarge likes this.
  13. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Well alot of fans tend to get over dramatic and protective over these characters. Many just want to see Vader do badass things and to keep doing more brutal things to increase his cool factor. While doing a show about the character would require a bit of character study.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    An adaptation of TIE Fighter.

Riv_Shiel, Cos Palpatine and Sarge like this.
  15. DarthPivot

Jul 30, 2016
    Yes, Vader hunting down and killing Jedi is probably is probably a story only to be told in the comic book format if that is the primary focus. Generally, I don't see much (any?) interest for a character development show that would be a split badass Sith Lord Vader & helmet off Vader exploring how much his life sucked. Film Anakin isn't a crowd pleaser, nor is sad sack Vader. I guess why we haven't seen a show yet.

That said, I would venture a Darth Vader show would garner significant viewership of him going just badass Vader. Consolidation of the Empire, managing the Empire and his relationship with Sidious would all be interesting as it hasn't been really explored on TV/Film. Is that a project Disney thinks is worthy/appropriate for their time? Probably not.

Cos Palpatine and Sarge like this.
  16. Cos Palpatine

Apr 5, 2022
    You know who would garner significant viewership of going just a badass version of himself? Boba Fett. I hope the do that as a second season of TBOBF.

All good stuff, I'd love to see that kinda show too, but don't forget the Jedi hunting ;)
    In ANH Ben said Vader helped the Empire hunt down the Jedi so that would definitely be an early activity of Vader along with consolidating the Empire. No Inquisitors; just Vader slaying.

I'd also love to see him leading stormtroopers from the front with his red lightsaber, like a flipped/Sith version of how he used to in TCW, in battles against Separatist holdouts and such. You could contrast action sequences like that with more subdued ones like Vader and Palpatine stuff and Vader schooling/intimidating/sometimes murdering Imperial officers.

Unfortunately you're probably right.

17. TheSithApologetic

TheSithApologetic Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2022
    Honestly the idea I had for a series was one following a Rule of Two Sith duo before TPM. Thankfully Acolyte is being made!

I think another cool pitch would be a Band of Brothers-type series. Beginning when the end of the Clone Wars. A few episodes cover certain clone men of the 501st right until Order 66 and the Jedi Temple assault. We later follow these same soldiers as they transition into stormtroopers and one of them becomes a Death Trooper, but has to deal with non-clone squad mates as the story progresses.

Gets down the to the nitty gritty warfare against space pirates and extremists that are remnants from the separatist movement. Exotic planets, etc etc. A story through Imperial eyes. Etc.

Any story that explores the antagonists from their narrative is always a welcome one for me.

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ It's a good premise, but it sounds a lot like Bad Batch. I don't foresee DLFL producing both of them.

19. TheSithApologetic

TheSithApologetic Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2022
    The Bad Batch is anti-Empire. It was more in line with the original Battlefront II story.

20. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    I still would've to see the originals of the Jedi/Sith. Really go back in the timeline.

21. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree with DarthKreVass, but I am going to take it a step further. I really want to see a big step where we move away from the 9 movie saga and create and tell new, expansive, epic stories. Maybe that is too much to ask because we can't get that in a movie and even less in a series. Too many cliches here: red lasers, green lasers, sand, stories of redemption, and stuff like that.

22. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Essentially just keep making Andor, but about someone else every few seasons. Qi'ra next.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  23. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I like Q'ira but where would you put that in her timeline?

24. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I've probably said this a million times but it deserves to be repeated again: Get the Henson Company on board to do a series sans humans, set on a planet entirely populated by strange puppet alien creatures, in the vein of their recent work on The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.

MercenaryAce, DannyD and TCF-1138 like this.
  25. GDGJ

GDGJ Jedi Master star 1

Aug 29, 2016
    Pitch

Title:
    The Advocate

Synopsis: New Republic is allowing refugees whose planets were lost during the Empire year to settle new worlds in the Refugee sector. Andros Jat is a recently graduated Advocate (read: Lawyer) working for a large law firm that has been sent to the Refugee sector to handle their business there. When he takes a pro-bono attempted robbery case, Andros discovers a sweeping conspiracy between his Senior Partners and a former imperial admiral to launder stolen money.

Elevator Idea: Better Call Saul meets The Bourne Supremacy