main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    If it were a continuation of Andor, but bringing in new characters to replace the dead ones, then the first three years post-Rogue One are still untouched.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ... aside from the sequel to R1. That was kinda sorta big.

Riv_Shiel and VexedAtVohai like this.
  3. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Meh.

Sarge and Riv_Shiel like this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I loved that show and I’m bitter they canceled it. If LucasFilm was willing to fund something like that in the Star Wars universe I’d be all for it. Though I’d also be down for Disney to help produce DC: AoR season 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MercenaryAce and bstnsx704 like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Mon Mothma's husband needs his own series, where we learn that the persona we've seen is his cover for secret Rebel operations. Episodes should be inspired by The Scarlet Pimpernel and The Mark of Zorro. Mon Mothma has no idea he's actually working for her, and he has no idea that she's his ultimate boss. Hilarity ensues.

6. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    A pre-hyperspace, pre-Jedi, pre-Republic series
    Dawn of the Jedi
    Chiss series
    Quinlan Vos
    Grysk series
    Qi'ra and Enfys Nest series
    Luke's Jedi Academy
    Droids series: way darker than the old Droids animated series and likely live-action.
    What If: Similar to Marvel's series and the Star Wars Tales Comics. Would be best to be animated to be more limitless.

7. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    This idea feels a lot cooler imagining it as a live-action series now as opposed to animated. Would probably do really well, too. Mandalorians have a level of popular recognition that Cassian doesn't.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  8. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Aliens & Droids & Creatures - A Star Wars Series
    For the people complaining about there not being enough aliens in Andor.
    Whenever a human walks into a scene, multiple aliens and droids draw their blasters and shoot them down.
    Sometimes, a scary creature chomps the human's head off before we can get verification they were even human..... but the aliens and droids will be nodding their heads at the creature, approvingly, so we get the drift it was indeed a human.

9. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Based on last night's episode and despite the saturation of content between TPM and ROTJ, I still feel there is room for maybe two or three more shows; one from Rebellion perspective, one from an Empire perspective and possibly from an Underworld perspective.

The disagreement of approach between Mon and Luthen (as well as the "Saw" approach to things) got me re-thinking of an idea mentioned by someone in here regarding a show titled Rebellion.

Now that Andor is only 2 seasons, a show like Rebellion could serve to fatten out around the Andor show, Kenobi and Rogue 1. Although the overall storyline has the Rebellion conducting missions against the Empire, the dramatic part of the story comes from the conflict of perspectives between the various splinter groups of the Rebellion. Saw sees one approach, Mon another, Luthen something else, etc. The end result of the series concludes with the acceptance by the majority of the leaders of these small cells in realising that to be completely effective, they need to establish an overall leadership group.

The series would have similar (and new) faces, the same quality acting, storylines, characterisation and character relationships and interactions - but more action based too.

A similar concept can be done with the Empire and the Underworld.

Of course there is such a thing as too much of a good thing, but I still think there is slightly room for more. Last night's episode really reflects the potential to me.

10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    My favorite SW tv series would... without peer... be a CSPAN style show just focused on ISB meetings.

11. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Depending how the rest of Andor plays out, I might feel the need for a Mothma focused show running parallel to the movies bridging the Mon Mothma of Rogue One that is reluctant to approve a mission that might stress the fragile alliance that has been built to the Mon Mothma of Return of the Jedi who is fully committed to blowing up Death Stars. If Andor adds context to her decisions in Rogue One, there might not be as much story to tell, but I could see the potential for there to be a gap that could be interesting to fill.

12. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I would like a show set in a completely different era. I'm frankly tired of the Skywalkers popping up everywhere, and I really don't want to see yet another show with pre-Vader Anakin after Ahsoka's done, no matter how much Hayden Christensen wants to revisit the character...

There's a reason why The Acolyte is the SW show I'm looking forward to the most.

TK-2814 and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  13. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I'd like a criminal underworld series helmed by Michael Mann.

14. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Podracer show. Set throughout the galaxy and focuses on different pilots and why they participate in the highly dangerous sport. Some are in it just for the money, some the thrill, of course you'd have a rebel doing the whole thing as part of a plan to infiltrate an Imperial base. It wouldn't actually need a race every episode due to the character drama, but when we do see one it should be a great action spectacle that highlights some really cool locations in the universe.

15. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I’ve been saying this forever. I wouldn’t even want a dramatic storyline, I just think it would be great to get “sports shows” in universe. Podracing, wrestling, etc.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    That does sound fun.

I think I would particularly like one about in-universe martial arts. Like, the star wars version of the Karate Kid or something.

Or for a more dark and dramatic storyline, I have always wanted something focused on star wars gladiators since that episode of 2d clone wars. Honestly I think I would prefer a fighting game, but a show wouldn't be bad either.

17. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I just want a GFFA wrestling promotion. GWF (galactic wrestling federation) and just create a bunch of extravagant characters who are professional wrestlers

18. Ewoklord

Ewoklord Jedi Master star 2

Feb 15, 2014

The Teräs Käsi Kid
    starring Arden Lyn.

19. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    And the subsequent spinoff series, Vexis Kai.

Ewoklord and MercenaryAce like this.
  20. CloneBlooper

CloneBlooper Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 20, 2002
    There was that episode of Battlestar Galactica where Face from the A-Team gets 'shipwrecked' with a Cylon. Star Warsify that. Throw in some elements of The Defiant Ones and an Emmy awaits.

21. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Post ROTJ with the fledgling New Republic trying to govern a galaxy in turmoil following the death of the Emperor. Political enemies becoming allies to bring some sort of control to a galaxy sliding into chaos post Endor.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Random ideas that would never happen in a million years but are fun to think about:

-Slice of life show about some students at the university of Alderaan. One of the exchange students is a New Mandalorian. Various situations take the characters all around the planet and let us see the sights from the Illustrated Guide to Star Wars.

-Star Wars version of Kelly's Heroes. New Republic tank crew decides to desert and rob a banking clan vault guarded by some imperial walkers and/or tanks.

-The Great Galactic Bake-off.

-A canon version of the Ewok show/movies, though with the violence brought up to a more TCW/Mandalorian level, and a bit more serious. Shadows of Endor would be a good starting point for inspiration.

-An in-universe documentary on star wars wildlife.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  24. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Alexander Skarsgård in Luthen: A Rael Story

Sarge and Siphonophore like this.
  25. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    I'm always up for a Rael life adventure.

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.