main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    It depend son how you do it, like if the Rebels and the Empire are forced to temporarily make common cause against a way worse shared enemy, then yeah it could work,

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    No the Rebellion and empire would never work together like the jedi and sith would never. This is the story where there is no one worse then the empire and the sith.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    The Ssi-ruuk and the Yuzhan Vong would like a word about that.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    And always disliked that concept.

5. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, have never been a fan of introducing orcs into Star Wars.

6. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    In the forty plus years of this franchise we have yet to see a group of stars start a war with another group of stars. They should finally make that happen!!! What's the hold up? :p

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You can always watch When Worlds Collide.

8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Huh? The very first movie had Alec Guinness fighting James Earl Jones, Carrie Fisher fighting Peter Cushing, and Mark Hamill fighting the Death Star. Groups of stars fighting stars.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  9. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Bizarro Star Wars! Space is white, stars spread darkness, the selfless This Lords fight back the greedy Edji Knights. But they don't use the Force - the Force uses them!

10. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    I'd like a couple of series where you get a whole lot of new characters, planets and genres, in a 2-part (30 minutes each) format so they don't become too bloated or convoluted. It could be animation or live action (my preference is the latter), but absolutely set in the GFFA as we know it, always evoking the used technology feel. Something like Visions but working canonically and in-universe. The variety of stories could be huge but the short format would mean they have to be small in scale and focus on the characterisation.

The 2-part specification, however, allows for development of, and resolution to, say, cliff hangers, or other storytelling devices - before/after comparisons or plot development through time-jumping. For example, a short story showing "slice of life" stuff in the final days of the Empire (part 1) versus life in the peaceful and hopeful aftermath of the Empire's fall say a year later (part 2). Or a 2-part story set on a ringworld like the one in TBOBF (not Halo rehashed though!) Lots of shows have used time-jumps to suggest interesting plot and character developments without actually showing them to us.

So, 2-part, live action, short stories which could hold the GFFA in our minds between much grander stories. Expanding the universe, Disney!

TV series and films are the money-making future of SW. Maybe the 2-part story format is an experimental sandpit that could lead to the creation of full-blown TV series, for the best of the 2-parters.

This format also allows for different creative people to become involved or stay involved. Whether that's directors, writers, production crew, etc.

ETA: Oh, one final thought:

I have been thinking about how future generations might watch Star Wars. Inevitably, it seems like we should say watch from in story order (not production order) so everything makes narrative sense. What an experience that will be - and one we can never truly have!

Anyway, if that is the "correct" way of watching SW, you're kind of reliant on the very first things you see to capture your imagination. We were lucky enough to have ANH back in the day, which was/is one of the best films ever. Not everyone's favourite,.but generally a "must-see". The likelihood of the impact of ANH being recreated in the first SW story seems unlikely. So, the 2-part format above allows new viewers to dip in to the GFFA and build up their investment in the entire SW universe (I think...)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For years, I've been saying that about Han Solo.

12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    All I ask for is a Max Rebo biopic.

Don’t Lucasfailme.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
  13. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    A mini-series in which Qi'ra recruits Bo-Katan in her campaign to oust Maul, dangling the prospect of reclaiming the Darksaber. Qi'ra succeeds, but Bo-Katan fails in her goal. If popular, a sequel could cover the period during Rebels Season Three where Maul is offscreen.

It would follow up Solo, explain Maul's presence on Malachor, and clarify for Mandalorian fans how he figures into Mandalore's history.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Animated show about this Jedi Lineage
    -S1=Yoda and Dooku
    -S2=Dooku and Jinn
    -S3=Jinn and Kenobi
    -S4=Kenobi and Anakin

could be 5 seasons if one of the pairing requires 2 seasons.

Reepicheep775 and Lulu Mars like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    That linage could actually work as a sequel to Acolyte. Like 40 years later with Young padawan Dooku and Yoda.

starocean90 likes this.
  16. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Yoda is very likely gonna show up in Acolyte at some point.

and then the Ahsoka tv should would act as a sequel to this show.....if we finally see Ahsoka take on a student.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Dont know about this upcoming show, but ine fay soon.

18. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Star Wars procedural. Not every show needs to be of galactic importance, I'd love to watch a team of Judicials and maybe a Jedi or two solve a mystery a week.

It would also be great for worldbuilding. We spend one episode at the Corellian shipyards, the next on a farm on Dantooine, then Chandrila, and so on.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    jc1138 and Chris0013 like this.
  19. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I'm not certain we'll be getting many more live action series after the latest batch -- Ahsoka and Acolyte and so on. If these shows are successful, I think the focus will be on these and Mando and probably Tales of the Jedi.

Until Disney becomes profitable again, we're likely to see less series for a time.

However, if I had to choose a series, I'd want an Old Republic series. Game of Thrones meets SW. That has so much potential, and creators like Favreau talk about GoT in the GFFA so perhaps it will happen.

20. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    I agree that their approach to Star Wars TV will likely change, but Star Wars and Marvel will surely be the least affected by the reallocation of resources. It'll be the more niche IPs and original shows that'll suffer most.

21. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    Least affected is still affected. Iger made it clear that SW and Marvel would both need to tighten their belts. He said quality over quantity is the focus.

And by the way, we shouldn't think this is a bad thing. Quality over quantity is what they should have been doing all along.

Maybe it would have saved us from the mediocre pap of Boba Fett and Kenobi. I still remember people defending the horrible looking Inquisitors. That became impossible to defend after the first awful looking Vader-Kenobi meeting (in some kind of Arizona junkyard!).

cwustudent and Chris0013 like this.
  22. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Rotating cast or regular cast? Jedi, Padawan and 2-4 Judicials??

Maybe make them all 2 parters or long episodes like Midsomer Murders in England?

Completely agree...I would rather fewer shows and movies as long as the quality is kept to the highest standard.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
    jc1138 and The Chalk Jedi like this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hyper Route 66
    A buddy show about a pair of young men cruising around the galaxy in their hot rod spaceship trying to find themselves. Every week they come to a different planet, meet some interesting people, interesting things happen, then they move on.

24. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Star Wars: Sesame Street Specials

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Max Repo Man. A story of a lost young Ortolan who falls into the shady Outer Rim criminal repossession world, but learns to love music after he develops a friendship with a musician whose ship he was dubiously repossessing.

Max stole his ship, but its owner’s music stole his heart.

Siphonophore and Sarge like this.