main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Ingredients:
    A lone vagabond, traversing the wastelands of Mandalore.
    Frank Frazetta style.
    A touch of Six-String Samurai (but the lead actor sings..... maybe played by Mike Patton.... or perhaps Bruce Campbell, but probably Fabio).
    A bit of Master of the Flying Guillotine (but it's a flying buckler.... think Rygar, with the look of Rastan).
    He seeks out Alamite lounges and cabarets, asking only for food in exchange for his singing skills.
    Lots of stuff happens in between. Some of the stuff is bad, and some of the stuff is great.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
    Recipe change:
    Two vagabonds traverse the wastelands of Mandalore.
    The singer is a female, possibly played by Karen O. Auditions will be held.
    She and her manager/bodyguard (Lucy Lawless) were on tour when the Purge of Mandalore started. Now, they're stranded.
    The Alamites at the lounges, cabarets, clubs, halls, etc, begin following the human pair across the planet, sailors to the singer's siren call. A pied piper, amassing a groupie horde, which eventually becomes what can be called an army.
    Retaking Mandalore is going to be much more difficult than first imagined.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    Sarge likes this.
  3. Siphonophore

Nov 13, 2003
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I REALLY want to see a series chronicling Sheev Palpatine's being seduced by the Darkside, his becoming a Sith, gaining political influence, manipulating of both sides behind the scenes-all ending with his defeat of Darth Plagueis, taking in Darth Maul and election to Supreme Chancellor.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    @Siphonophore please don't double or triple post. If you really want to keep adding to a thread when there's no activity wait at least 24 hours between your own posts.

6. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    The content doesn't matter.

The next show must spare no expense on writing and FX.

We want the best story possible. We want to return to bleeding edge effects. We want the audience blown away, completely immersed.

IG_2000 and Watcherwithin like this.
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    This subject is above my paygrade.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  8. Darth Uma-Queca

Darth Uma-Queca Jedi Knight

Jun 17, 2014
    A show about Darth Maul. I want to know what he's been up to since we see him in the Clone Wars finale until he shows up again in Rebels. How do he became a crime lord? And I want to know what caused his demise.

He has an inquisitor lightsaber, i think it's safe to assume he killed one of them before. When the inquisitors couldn't stop him, maybe the emperor sent Darth Vader to try to find him. It would be a pretty cool story.

9. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008
    I wish you'd been there to talk to George Lucas before "The Phantom Menace".

Georgie-boy decided to do everything on the cheap and, well, you get what you pay for.

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    No, he didn't do anything on the cheap. On the contrary, he made a massive investment that caused a a leap in digital technology. Things like Davy Jones or even the way Avatar was made wouldn't have been possible without the prequels developing the way this was all created. In other words, he did what he had always done: push things further, knowing full well that this could also include the odd mishap on the way. Someone has to be the one to risk it, so he did.

Claiming that he did "everything on the cheap" is just completely disconnected from reality. Bashing for the sake of bashing, not legit criticism based on facts. Doing Jar Jar this way wasn't cheap, neither was digital Yoda. It would have been far cheaper to use makeup / protestics or puppets. But that wouldn't have enabled people to do more things in the future, and it would have limited the actions of his characters.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Lol, what?
    The prequels were groundbreaking in about a thousand different ways. They are the very definition of bleeding edge when it comes to visuals, and they certainly weren’t cheap.

12. khuddle

khuddle Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2008

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  13. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I think you are really defining down the phrase "everything on the cheap" if you are just using it to mean not hiring a writer. I have to imagine that a writer is such a small percentage of the budget of those movies that it would basically be a rounding error. It seems much more likely that cost was not the motivation to write the script himself. More likely he was completely satisfied with his own script. Furthermore, no hired writer was going to change the story in any significant way - it would likely just be changes to dialogue and maybe structure. Lucas is going to tell the story he wants to tell no matter what a co-writer thinks about it.

14. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    A Migs Mayfeld prequel about his deployment on Burnin Konn. It ends with him defecting the Empire.

Riv_Shiel and Sarge like this.
  15. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    Soending more money on Hollywood writers rather than George and playwrights like Johnathan Hales writing it out of passion and knowledge of the source material would have resulted in an infinitely worse script, something shallow like The Force Awakens.

That’s why George refused to change his story to make it more palatable to execs

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  16. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    Oooh, I like this idea! After seeing the Dooku/Qui-Gon episodes in Tales of the Jedi, I wanted to see an entire series about them, but I like this better.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2023
  17. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    Jedi falls in love, leaves Jedi order, starts family. Inquisitors find family, kills spouse and take his force sensitive twins. Jedi (could be he or she) leaves to rescue them.

18. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    No focus on Jedi, rebels, Empire, or Mandos.

19. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    I'm gonna be boring and just wish for a second season confirmation for The Book of Boba Fett.

Aside from that, I do feel like we could use a break. Don't get me wrong, I personally want a new Star Wars show every other week, but I think this idea of culminating in a massive crossover movie is smart, provided that nothing immediately starts back up again afterwards.

Then a few years later, I'd come back with... oh, I don't know... a prohibitively expensive show about a group of former beast-wranglers going around the galaxy, saving a bunch of exotic monsters? Go nuts on the creature effects, CGI and puppetry, put some real weird, out-there designs in the spotlight. Visit a different planet every week. Set it somewhere in the timeline that's far enough away from any major events and just reintroduce a little wonder and escapism to the franchise.

And then some of the planets visited and people met could be threads to weave into a new ongoing storyline, or used to spawn spin-off shows.

20. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    I also wish for that.

No breaks on the SW shows train! They wanna keep D+ subscriptions and Star Wars shows are a big draw, (SW is the only reason I subscribe to D+, personally.) Plus you're gonna have shows outside the Mandoverse that aren't gonna be involved in the culminating event-film; like The Acolyte, the next season(s) of Tales of the Jedi, the next season(s) of Visions etc.

But maybe you're just referring to taking a break from Mandoverse shows? I doubt they will. Favreau has said he wants TM to go on as long as people still wanna see it. I think the same goes for the other Mandoverse shows if they prove popular and their major characters aren't killed off in the Heir film.

I'd watch that. For some reason it makes me think of the X-Files; a show that had two different kinds of episodes; the ones about aliens and government conspiracy that was the thru-line for the show, and then they had "Monster-of-the-week" episodes, which were kinda self contained episodes featuring some kind of monster, usually a mutant of some sort. So I think a "monster-of-the week" SW show could be interesting. You could set a show like that in almost any era to boot.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    Happy Sando likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I'll take a second BoBF season if Rodriguez is no longer involved.

Sarge and Cos Palpatine like this.
  22. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I'll take a second BoBF season if Favreau is no longer the lead writer or if the plot is refocused to play to Favreau's strength's as a writer. Mando 3 had a lot of the same problems that BoBF had, with nary a Rodriguez to be seen.

Cos Palpatine and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I worry about future shows from the Disney machine. They've been in financial trouble for a while and made a mess out of Marvel. Marvel is the original reason I go D+, and they've been cranking out garbage of late. Knowing they don't have the same creative team does give me hope. Can Filoni keep true to the SWU if TPB start micromanaging the creative process? So far I've not been disappointed and hope it stays that way.

With that in mind, the EU is filled with cannon SW fun. Maybe Darth Bane?

24. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Also this. Rodriguez just made everything look terrible.

Sarge likes this.
  25. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Not just a break from the Mandoverse (which I'm guessing will be "finished" by the crossover movie, or at least as "finished" as anything ever is in Star Wars) but I think just a general break from anything of major galactic import, y'know? By all means, have some of the more creative curios continue; let's see more Visions, more Tales of the Jedi, more projects targeting specific audiences, etc. but I do believe that it's important to give your core audience a breather every now and again. I'm also a Trekkie for my sins, the MCU isn't raking in a billion dollars with every box office any more, and let's not forget what happened to Solo, either. Franchise fatigue is a real danger, one that could burst the streaming bubble. I'd hate to see Star Wars suffer.

Because yeah, like I said, I'm absolutely a hardcore fan who wants new Star Wars on tap, and my Disney+ subscription is primarily used for Star Wars content, too! I just think it's wise to tread carefully, and to take shorter, planned breaks before a longer, unplanned one is forced upon us all by the suits in the boardroom.

Thanks! Literally came up with the premise whilst typing, but you're right, the whole point would be to allow for storytelling flexibility. It's why the animated shows are some of my favourite Star Wars, because you can have these fun lil' side quests every now and again (heck, in the case of The Clone Wars, you could argue the entire thing was one big side quest, given that we all knew how it was gonna end for most of the main characters; still didn't stop it from adding to the mythos, or being enjoyable to watch). I guess I just went with the whole creature angle 'cause of the username I picked the other day!

Cos Palpatine likes this.