main
side
curve
  1. A Message For Everyone:

TCW vs. Rebels debates are not allowed in the Television forum. As in, discussions that descend into TCW/Rebels (or any show vs any other show) bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Contrasting the themes, story lines, characters, etc. between the shows is allowed (welcomed, even). "Versus" debates/arguments, however, are a deal-breaker.
  2. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Django Fett

Django Fett Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    With the talk of
    Luke and Leia training flashbacks
    in The Rise of Skywalker, I'd think a series set after ROTJ would be great. Now that LFL are prepared to recast iconic characters, something TV versions of hit films do anyway, having a younger Luke set up his fledgling academy whilst teaching his first students. All whilst having new and exciting adventures...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Feige's #1 Fan and Ryan Church Aficionado star 6

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d watch ten seasons of Beru stuffing lettuce into food processors. I adore that woman.

Daneira and MrDarth0 like this.
  3. VGCinema

VGCinema Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2019
    I definitely want something that is a bit more slice of life. Don't get me wrong I love the action and planet hopping nature of Star Wars, but I would love to see just a small drama about a community of people trying to live. Maybe have a couple of bounty hunters around or have a big threat they have to survive. Maybe even a planet divided, with different groups of people trying to keep the peace. I don't really know what I'm looking for here, but I just want something smaller and not as Galaxy-wide as Star Wars usually is.

4. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    That's kinda the line for me, re-casting Luke & Leia.

And I actually loved it with Han, and obviously we've had it with Obi. Not sure how it's different, somehow it just is. No flashbacks unless it's Hamill de-aged Marvel-style, please.

jeangreyforever likes this.
  5. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I have no such lines. Recast Luke, whatever. Just tell great stories and show me an interesting world.

Jedi Knight Fett and Django Fett like this.
  6. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    I kinda think the dealbreaker for me is it'd be the characters after we've already seen them played by Mark & Carrie. The characters say 5 years before ANH, with new actors? Cool, awesome. I just don't want to get into this jumping around, Mark/Carrie then someon else then Mark/Carrie again. Same way I loved Alden's take but really don't ever want to see him playing OT Han, it'd just be so jarring and awkward, feel wrong.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  7. EHT

EHT ST/Anthology Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Sep 13, 2007
    Ideas for the next live action series? Right now it feels like they have enough of them already announced. Patience. :p

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Jedi Master star 5

Jan 15, 2018
    two more will come in the way of stories from Solo with a Maul/Qira series and a Solo/Lando series both in the criminal underworld but different storylines, they might crossover.

9. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I totally get what you’re saying. I just personally wouldn’t mind. I see these characters (particularly the iconic ones) like I see Shakespeare’s characters. Thousands should get a shot at playing them, and adding their own interpretations. That’s interesting to me.

The characters are the characters. The actors just inhabit them for a while

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 4 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I still think we will eventually get a series about the Unknown Regions/Wild Space that will be separate from the possible Ahsoka/Sabine and Thrawn and Ezra storylines. So much stuff they can create and build off of there. At least that is what I would do.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Subscription Screaming Service star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
    It's gonna be a "musician tryout" reality show where hopefuls find out whether they are joining Max Rebo's band or not. The duet with Droopy McCool is going to turn some chairs. And also turn some tv dials.

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 4 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'd so watch that. Seriously

13. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Subscription Screaming Service star 9 Staff Member Manager

Aug 19, 2003
  14. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Twilek Randy Jackson. Rodian Simon Cowell.

15. VGCinema

VGCinema Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 7, 2019
    or alternatively... Ewok Howey Mandell

16. starocean90

starocean90 Force Ghost star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I do wonder if their intent is on having SW content for the whole year. 3 shows and more so if they make 4 could last a full year's worth.

I recall seeing that CBS wants Star Trek year-round content.

wouldn't be against having SW every week, Summer is always SW free.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Jedi Master star 5

Jan 15, 2018

Crimson Dawn series with Maul and Qira.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Makes sense, pretty much figured they'd go this way to continue that thread once Solo bombed and the TV series started kicking into high gear.

Looking forward to it, if it's legit.

19. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998
  20. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    This one intrigues me to. The underworld aspects of SW have always interested me and there's many different places that they could take Qi'ra's character I think. And I'll never say no to more Maul either.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Serious question: did you post those exact words somewhere on here before or have I just been here so long that everything seems familiar?

22. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Crimson Dawn works as far as Solo goes, it's the opening to a bigger world of scum and villainy. The world we entered now needs broadening with other crime syndicates, Hutt Cartel and Black Sun are prime examples, this can be done better in a series that is centred on a particular character such as Han.

Deliveranze likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Watching Better Call Saul makes me want a Vince Gilligan Star Wars TV series. Bad.

A small time huckster inadvertently gets involved in a big time galactic criminal conflict. Go!

24. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    In like five years, I'd like to see a mini-series that picks up right after ROTJ, with Dacre Montgomery and Hailee Steinfeld as Luke and Leia, and maybe Ehrenreich and Glover returning as well.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  25. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    STAR WARS: The X Factor....

The "Judges Houses" round would be fun if the judges were Yoda on Dagobah, Vader on Mustafa and Obi-Wan on Tatooine.