main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Your Ideas For The Next Star Wars Series

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Starwarsfan9000, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I thought Leia looked better. Both looked worse than Tarkin CG

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So Vince Gilligan has one more season of Better Call Saul left. If I were Lucasfilm I'd pull a dump truck full of money up to his lawn and tell him he can make whatever he wants. :p

3. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    The technology is only going to get better and cheaper in time. Just look how far deepfakes have progressed in the past couple years. So I could see it happening 5-10 years from now.

Alternatively, I would also be fine with recasting the OT characters for their middle-aged incarnations.

-Sebastian Stan as Luke
    -Maggie Gyllenhaal as Leia
    -Brad Pitt as Han
    -Chiwetel Ejiofor as Lando
    -Lee Pace as Wedge

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, please. And bring on David Simon, while you’re at it.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  5. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I’ve always wanted to see Simon develop a show set on Coruscant set during either the rise or fall of the Empire.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    I hope we eventually get Underworld. ABC was high on it when Disney acquired LFL. But LFL said the films were priority. Then ABC was worried about getting the costs down. Then the MCU went to Netflix instead of ABC and a streaming version was considered. Now, nothing.

There are 50 scripts with another 50 planned and another 100 more envisioned. But if made for Hulu since GL’s version was more adult oriented with prostitution and drugs, would they comprise 4-5 seasons instead of 2?

It would be interesting if Filoni either a) adapted Underworld into an animated series, or even better, (b) he is the showrunner for its live action version.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I feel like stuff that takes place in "The Dark Times" is overdone. There are already alot of Jedi survivor stories but maybe it would be fun to do something like Kino's Journey or full-on philosophical Wolf's Rain with a small group of bada-- normal people wandering from place to place trying to find "paradise" in a galaxy in turmoil.

8. Harbour

Harbour Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 15, 2015
  9. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I'd love to see a series about darksiders. This could be more complex than we might first suspect. For example, a show about the Nightsisters could show interesting, natural reasons behind their religion.

10. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Where did you hear this?

11. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I'd love to see a political-based or drama show on Coruscant, even better if they had someone like Gilligan at the helm.

Bor Mullet and xezene like this.
  12. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    I wonder if they would do the Thrawn trilogy for TV? I'm fine with them calling it Legends or an alternative world. I think Thrawn would be great for a live-action TV show.

13. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Ehh. Thrawn.

They're not gonna mess with side-continuities and stuff either, not a great approach.

Would Vince even be suited to a political intrigue type show, BRE? Not really much in his resume fitting that, his whole forte is sort of more weird-and-wacky genre mashups, dark humor & characters on the fringe of society. Love the guy, but there are probably better people to handle the high echelons on Coruscant backstabbing each other in power plays.

14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What are the chances that at some point, possibly several years from now we'll get a Mandalorian type show set after TROS?

15. The Chalk Jedi

Nov 8, 2019
    Didn't Iger say they'd be focusing on spinning off characters from the Mando era? This is why I've said elsewhere these post-ROTJ shows many end up being perceived as the true ST.

As for a post-TROS show, I think the focus on the Mando era suggests we won't see that for a while, if ever.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    The Regular Mustache likes this.
  16. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think post-Rise will be quarantined off, unused, until they have a definite plan for the Galaxy in that time. When movies are made. The future has to be left uncertain until then.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    Riv_Shiel likes this.
  17. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Doesn't sound like they are going post TROS anytime soon. They'll play around in Mando's era where people can get good and nostalgia blinded. And they may go back in time to a place where they think they can have a big sandbox to play in with fewer people screaming their sandcastles got knocked over. Personally I'd be down to a "Shadow of the Empire" era show be we ain't getting that.

18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The ROME showrunners might be a good choice. The show being cancelled after two seasons was criminal.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  19. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Do you like gladiator movies? Etc.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
  20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I bet Dr. Aphra shows up in Mando and we see her getting her own show eventually.

Maythe14thBeWithYou likes this.
  21. Lobey-One Kenobi

Lobey-One Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2009
    I'd be happy for a Thrawn series provided it was canon. I don't think they'd ever do anything live-action for Legends, it wouldn't be worth the ROI if it wasn't canon. Disney went to a lot of effort to have the canon wiped and begun anew so I can't see them investing in Legends.

Maybe not. I think he'd definitely be a great fit for some type of Star Wars series in the future but yeah, maybe not what I suggested. Perhaps the writers behind House of Cards? Not sure if the show is any good as I haven't seen it but I know it got great reviews.

22. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Some sort of paranoid conspiracy one-off anthology movie or miniseries might be pretty awesome for Gilligan. Get back more into his X-Files days, mix it up from the eccentric-and-weird-thing-involving-criminals most would expect of him these days.

23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

24. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Ah, classic movies are classic.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998