main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your Least Favorite Scene from Indiana Jones

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Sarge, Oct 23, 2014.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    KOTCS was fun, but Mutt and the apes was a little bit weird. And Willie running around and screaming on TOD is rather annoying.

2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    The insects from Temple of Doom. I HATE insects.

PymParticles likes this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Me every time that scene starts playing: "Bugs. Why did it have to be bugs?"

Force Smuggler likes this.
  4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If you had told me prior to seeing the movie that that scene would be boring, I would have called you insane. But somehow, it is, and it exemplifies all the worst attributes of the film.

A big CGI tree-chopping tank thing!
    Mutt has a sword fight because he mentioned he trained in fencing earlier!
    Mack is still alive!
    Absolutely no real sense of danger!
    Why is the machine gun attached to the front of that truck?! To shoot at the driver! Who cares if it makes no sense!
    Mutt gets hit in the crotch by plants because the kids think that's funny!
    Mack is still alive!
    Marion gets hit in the face while driving! Don't worry, she's okay! Our heroes can't get hurt here!
    Indy falls for Mack's double-agent thing, like an idiot!
    Monkeys! Swinging on vines! With Mutt!
    Mack is still alive!

HanSolo29 likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The scene in ToD when Willie is screeching about how she missed all the parties in Shanghai.

6. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Rewatched Raiders and Last Crusade last night.

I don't want to get into all the plot holes, unlikely coincidences, weird concepts etc. but in both films two things stuck out like a sore thumb, IMHO.

In Raiders it's Indiana Jones himself. Now, he held on for more than 3 days on a submarine's periscope - :rolleyes: - but finally confronting Belloq and his party all he comes up with is to threaten them with a bazooka and Belloq - of course - calls his bluff. What could he have possibly accomplished? Safe passage from the island?

Great Antagonist, stupid protagonist.

In Last Crusade it's the reverse. Donovan knows a lot about history but leaves the details to experts like Dr. Schneider. Yet he drinks from the cup he most certainly - given his knowledge - must be aware of can't be right. And clever, as he otherwise seemed, he would have either told Dr. Schneider to take a sip from the cup he proposed or try it on Dr. Jones Sr. first.

While I love the scene because it effectively shatters our romantic and erroneus concepts of the Holy Grail, it desn't make a lot of sense from an "in-universe" point of view, especially since he had used others as Guinea pigs just minutes earlier and for good reasons.

Sarge likes this.
  7. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    The Scottish Lord scene for me, too. Just too farcical, and not at all what had been established thus far of how the character would behave.

Also, just the line where Willie is screaming about cracking a nail in the Shang Hai chase. I don't care who you are, if you're in the middle of shooting, you won't be worrying about your nails.

8. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Indy not using his gun in KOTCS.

AndyLGR and Gobi-1 like this.
  9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The Marcus Brody comedy scenes in TLC.

10. Straudenbecker

Straudenbecker Jedi Master star 3

Nov 22, 2015