main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Your Least Favorite Scene from the Prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Garrett Atkins, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Definitely the fireplace scene in AOTC, I always skip it

Bazinga'd and Sarge like this.
  2. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Midi-chlorians. :rolleyes:

3. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    The only scene as a whole I don't like is the droid factory. Adds nothing to the plot and is not very entertaining.

There are chunks of dialogue though that make part of scenes unbearable, like "wish away my feelings", "so in love with you", "from my point of view the jedi are evil", "are you an angel?" and so forth. That they hand all of them to the character who is supposed to be "the coolest" makes it even worse.

4. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    (edit) never mind.

5. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I wish I could wish my feeling away about that fire place scene in AOTC. The fire place scene doesn't add to the movies plot either. We know Anakin is obsessed with Padme before they left Corusant.

6. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    [face_laugh]

While AOTC is my least fave of the six current films, the scene does make it clear they both feel something but cannot pursue a relationship due to obligations to service and such. I prefer them in TPM and ROTS though.

7. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Nothing really comes to mind.

It's the core issue of their relationship.

Forbidden.

Samnz likes this.
  8. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    There are a number of strong contenders, but...

If I had to choose one it would have to be the scene in which Anakin and Padme discuss political philosophies while picnicking in a meadow and Anakin rides on a comically unrealistic giant flea.

9. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    The droid factory scene is my least favorite. The whole mess with C-3PO being strewn about and being unconvincingly CGI never sat well with me. Everything else that goes on in that scene isn't too exciting, either.

MOC Yak Face and Sarge like this.
  10. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    The scene I hated was when Padme confronted Anakin on mustafar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    By far, IMHO the worst scene was the the infamous Anakin nightmare scene in the bedroom.

12. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I'm not sure if I am a fan of the Death Star under construction appearing at the end of ROTS. Why the Republic would see the value of building such a weapon during the Clone Wars is something strange to me. Why more didn't question why the Republic even had such a weapon or the Jedi not knowing about its construction is strange also. This is something the Empire probably would have until after the Jedi were gone to have done in secret anyway, not the war effort of the Republic.

13. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    The Republic wasn't responsible for the initial construction of the Death Star. The Separatists built the first stages of the Death Star under the orders of their shadowy master, Darth Sidious. After Supreme Chancellor Palpatine had destroyed the Jedi, he took full control of the weapon that his pawns had constructed for him and made it property of his Empire.

CGI-BOBAFENT likes this.
  14. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    The droid factory sequence accomplishes little story and bloats the already long runtime of Attack of the Clones. It's a blemish on my favorite prequel.

Interestingly, no scenes really come to mind from Phantom Menace. As for Revenge of the Sith, the whole second half hour is pretty slow.

15. roguesquadpod

roguesquadpod Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2014
    "Believe me, I wish that I could just wish away my feelings."

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Anakin slaughtering younglings is lazy writing, but this scene is just pure cringe

17. LongHairedAussieGuy

LongHairedAussieGuy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2014
    The Phantom Menace - When Anakin is talking about midichlorians with Qui Gon
    Attack of the Clones - When Anakin is talking about slaughtering the Tusken Raiders
    Revenge of the Sith - When Anakin is talking about his 'Empire' with Kenobi on Mustafar

Those scenes are cringe worthy

18. Jar-Kai

Jar-Kai Jedi Padawan

Sep 17, 2011
    Revenge of the Sith- I've always disliked it when Kit Fisto, Saesee Tinn and Agen Kolar were defeated almost immediately during their confrontation of Palpatine. I'm sure people justify it by saying that the scene shows how powerful Sidious is, that he can take out three Jedi so quickly.. but I would have liked to see them put up more of a fight. We could have seen an epic lightsaber battle between him and 4 Jedi. Instead they go out like punks. Considering how capable they have been portrayed in other material, it's a bit of a disappointing moment for me.

Sarge likes this.
  19. beedubaya

beedubaya Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 15, 2014
    Mine is when Anakin accidentally destroys the droid control ship in Episode I. To me, that was one of the dumbest moments in the prequel trilogy. I would have liked it much better if he would have known what he was doing and intentionally destroyed it. That would have also tied in better with what Obi-Wan said in ROTJ "When I met him, he was already a great pilot..."

cubman987 likes this.
  20. Ganger

Ganger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    That's exactly what's wrong with it.

Jcuk likes this.
  21. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    All the Jedi on Geonosis. Armies of lightsaber users aren't cool.

sonnyleesmith likes this.
  22. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    My least favorite scenes in the PT are:

-Obi-Wan & Gui-Gon investigating the Trade Federation in TPM. Neither dialogue nor action sequence following their 'meeting' with Gunray & co was captivating enough for me to keep an enthusiastic mindset about the rest of the movie. I realize it was necessary to show the origins of the Republic fall, but surely there was a way to tie-in a more complex/interesting mission to the plot.

-Any battle in TPM, from the Naboo battle(space & ground) to Darth Maul dueling the Jedi. I didn't feel like droids were worthy enemies and I could note nothing special about the way the combat panned out. In the OT & ROTS, I always felt that duels and space battles were more character-driven, or at least, presented a good tactical show. In contrast I felt like the battles of TPM were mere action fillers to keep the story going. They reeked of emptiness. The fact that I didn't care much for TPM!Obi-Wan, Gui-Gon, and felt the cheapness of Darth Maul made me completely indifferent to Jinn's death, and so, a great deal of alleged emotional parts were lost on me.

-AOTC's copy-cat asteroid chase-too similar to TESB, lacks originality.

-AOTC's arena battle felt a little over the place at the end.

-AOTC's Anakin vs Dooku reminds me a bit too much of Luke vs Vader in TESB, but I'm a bit less harsh on that since it shows Anakin's character progression from there to ROTS when he duels Dooku again.

-AOTC's Dooku vs Yoda...if there is a duel I felt was useless in the series, it was this one. Other than revealing the interesting info that Dooku was trained by Yoda, it just feels plain. I also think Yoda deciding to save Obi-Wan & Anakin over capturing Dooku is out of character for him and out of line with the Order's principles/priorities.

-ROTS's Obi-Wan vs Grievious was far too long for me. More editing needed in this place, although that's the only beef I have with ROTS. I adored the rest of the movie.

My criticisms of the PT mainly concern TPM's surface plot and the action management of TPM & some parts of AOTC. I actually have little qualms about the romantic scenes or character portrayal. I'd have preferred additional scenes in the PT about Jedi training & philosophy, the exploration of the Prophecy, and the presence of more solid antagonists, but I'm mostly happy about what was given.

23. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Like others, mine is the fireplace scene in AOTC....the acting is really bad, most likely because the dialogue is just terrible. That scene is really hard for me to watch without laughing.

Runner up is I don't like the whole scene with Anakin flying the fighter at the end of TPM and accidently destroying the droid control ship......all of that is not great.

24. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Just saw ROTS again today and I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT...the second best film in the saga after ESB in my opinion...

Cryogenic and Force Smuggler like this.
  25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I would pick the droid factory scene as my least favorite.

Sarge likes this.